Kavanaugh

Mainecat

17 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

OMFG .  And there it is folks . The great defender of the downtrodden is too much of a pussy to even spend a week on jury duty and maybe help send somebody free who's being abused by the system . What a joke you are dude

Do you think you can just go in and serve whenever you want? :lol:

Have you ever served on a jury? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I’d actually like to 

Boring as a fuck. By the end of day one you will be sitting there waiting to say your a racist and the dude is already guilty in your mind just so you can get the fuck out of there.

15 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Boring as a fuck. By the end of day one you will be sitting there waiting to say your a racist and the dude is already guilty in your mind just so you can get the fuck out of there.

I did exactly that lolz. I returned their request for jury duty questionnaire with language on it indicating I harboured a deep seeded prejudice against all.persons of color.

I never heard back from them lolz

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

*50 yr old man says priests moslested him when he was a boy*

*Public outrage*

*45 yr old woman says man sexually assaulted her in high school*

*She's a liar!*

*It was so long ago!*

*Boys will be boys!*

Yet another example of reality that is absent from Fantasy Island....dude.....you exemplify fake outrage. 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Any possible way to torpedo this piece of filth and keep him off the court is worth it.

Yup.

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Yet another example of reality that is absent from Fantasy Island....dude.....you exemplify fake outrage. 

Incorrect. Fake outrage is pretending to care about these things to get votes for your favorite flavor of fascism and then doing literally nothing about them.

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yup.

Incorrect. Fake outrage is pretending to care about these things to get votes for your favorite flavor of fascism and then doing literally nothing about them.

Given your example.....how’s the senate vote shaping up?  Pretending........like spewing anti capilistic rhetoric while doing absolutely nothing to change it.... :lmao:  Appearing to care about said issues while sitting in the sidelines.....empowering those you disagree with completely..... :lol: You’ve forfeited your ability to enact change to the Doe Dumpers of the world.   

7 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I’d actually like to 

I enjoyed it and found it extremely interesting, I actually volunteered to serve again while riding on the elevator for a lunch break with 1 of the 3 judges that was presiding on 2 of the 5 cases I was on, he said" sorry that's not how it works". I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Edited by XCR1250

6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I enjoyed it and found it extremely interesting, I actually volunteered to serve again while riding on the elevator for a lunch break with 1 of the 3 judges that was presiding on 2 of the 5 cases I was on, he said" sorry that's not how it works". I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I’ve done it a bunch of times. For some reason my name keeps coming up. Had a real interesting case last time, got picked for the jury and stayed through the whole trial, it was like 4 days.

Edited by Edmo

14 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Given your example.....how’s the senate vote shaping up?  Pretending........like spewing anti capilistic rhetoric while doing absolutely nothing to change it.... :lmao:  Appearing to care about said issues while sitting in the sidelines.....empowering those you disagree with completely..... :lol: You’ve forfeited your ability to enact change to the Doe Dumpers of the world.   

That’s why a record number of women are running for Congress and senate

9 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’ve done it a bunch of times. For some reason my name keeps coming up. Had a real interesting case last time, got picked for the jury and stayed through the whole trial, it was like 4 days.

I found a couple of the cases were very interesting, mine never lasted that long however. I live in a different county now since 1991 and maybe someday I'll get called again.

10 hours ago, motonoggin said:

You realize that like maybe 4-5% of the country can afford competent legal defense? And that the rest of us, even if we are found innocent, are usually financially ruined? Not to mention the emotional stress, loss of work, and mental anguish being tried for something you didn't do.

Jury duty. Pfft. Gtfoh with that shit.

Don't want no trouble don't start no trouble.   "The rest of us."   :lmao:

Always knew you were jealous of those that have more even when you have it very good.  

What’s neat is here there have been a couple people get charged with murder for killing thieves stealing there property. We aren’t allowed to do that. Thefts and violence are getting so bad in certain areas that local juries are basically ignoring the law and aquitting people. Which is their right. Pretty neat