Tesla Is Under Investigation By The Justice Department

• Platinum Contributing Member

Tesla said on Tuesday it was complying with a Justice Department request for documents, in connection with Chief Executive Elon Musk's announcement that he was taking the publicly traded company private.

On Aug. 7, Musk announced on Twitter that funding was "secured." The tweet sent stocks soaring nearly 11 percent that day, as Musk elaborated, "I'm trying to accomplish an outcome where Tesla can operate at its best, free from as much distraction and short-term thinking as possible."

But that tweet also prompted federal scrutiny.

"Last month, following Elon's announcement that he was considering taking the company private, Tesla received a voluntary request for documents from the DOJ and has been cooperative in responding to it," a company spokesperson said in a statement emailed to NPR on Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Musk is getting his ass sued off by that diver that he accused of being a child molestor or some shit.

Its only for $100,000 and an apology. Doubt he will even show in person.

8 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I'm seeing more Tesla's on the road lately. I am seriously considering buying one. 

No you aren’t.  

Wait a couple of years and they’ll be 2/$5000.  I’ll go halfsies with you but they stay at your place.

Funny to watch these morons rag on Musk.  Self made Billionaire, hard working entrepreneur etc.  But wait, he believes in climate change so fuck him and his idea.  

He built an electric SUV that goes like stink.  What's not to like?

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Funny to watch these morons rag on Musk.  Self made Billionaire, hard working entrepreneur etc.  But wait, he believes in climate change so fuck him and his idea.  

His persona.

19 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Did you buy one, or at least halves?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

No you aren’t.  

Wait a couple of years and they’ll be 2/$5000.  I’ll go halfsies with you but they stay at your place.

I'll gladly take them but I think you are way off. These are technological Marvels, they are not Arctic cats. 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Meh. Smart people are often strange.

It's how he treats workers that I have a problem with. But that's pretty much all capitalism, so...

Oh shit, now they are going to start liking him. Put a maga hat on him and half the forum will suck his cock. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Musk is cracking up.  No person in their right mind operates like he has been over the last year.  My guess is he is going the way of Johnny DeLorean.

Except deloreon built some badass cars 

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Agreed

one of my favourite things about Elon is how he knows the climate has always changed, capitalized on how white suburban women think they’re special because they just realized we’re slowly warming since the last ice age

9 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Except deloreon built some badass cars 

Deloreons were not even in the same league as a tesla. Teslas will whoop the fuck outta your precious GMs at the race track too. 

11 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

But when you take your company public you still have to follow the rules.   You can't do things like this.   Its a protection to investors large and small.  

Edited by Highmark