new rides

Ez ryder

Just now, Edmo said:

Lol I’ve been eyeing one of those electric bikes. Wish they had a bit more range.

Same. :lol: 

Bunch of my buds are doing some pretty awesome trips and I've been dying to get a bike so I could go. Wife and kids won't let me get one. I gotta wait till the kids are older. 

One of my buds has been doing rides all over Europe. He's got his own Facebook page with the pics he takes. Looks pretty awesome. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Bunch of my buds are doing some pretty awesome trips and I've been dying to get a bike so I could go. Wife and kids won't let me get one. I gotta wait till the kids are older. 

One of my buds has been doing rides all over Europe. He's got his own Facebook page with the pics he takes. Looks pretty awesome. 

Sold my bike when I was 21 after my buddy crashed and ended up in a chair. Only got on once since then and it was a dirt bike. 

Wife and kids are smart! :news: 

Just now, Edmo said:

Sold my bike when I was 21 after my buddy crashed and ended up in a chair. Only got on once since then and it was a dirt bike. 

Wife and kids are smart! :news: 

I had a Kawasaki zl 900 back in my early 20's. All hopped up. We buried 2 of our friends and I sold mine too. I wouldn't get anything that fast tho at this stage of my life. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I had a Kawasaki zl 900 back in my early 20's. All hopped up. We buried 2 of our friends and I sold mine too. I wouldn't get anything that fast tho at this stage of my life. :lol:

SIL works in ICU at Tampa General. She calls them Donercycles. 🙃

I picked this up middle of July.   Sleds listed on NEST fb.   I AM having a difficult time coming to grips with the fact I may not have a sled this winter.  first time in almost 20 years but it's sort of run its course, time for a change.

IMG_5005.JPG

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

I got a 390 KTM duke a few yrs back . have had a lot of bikes but this is one of the most fun . they built them as a starter bike but the largest owner demographic is men 40 to50

a lot of older guys are over the all out crazy HP and want a ultra light quick bike with killer handling 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, old indy said:

I picked this up middle of July.   Sleds listed on NEST fb.   I AM having a difficult time coming to grips with the fact I may not have a sled this winter.  first time in almost 20 years but it's sort of run its course, time for a change.

IMG_5005.JPG

Mine just went down the road a few hours ago and I’m starting to feel like you...I’m fighting it so we’ll see.

81AEBFD7-F3D4-4C4D-AFCC-BA20A6AC7C76.thumb.jpeg.8483383e97156a54cf942a57abde1945.jpeg

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 11:17 PM, Ez ryder said:

wtf you know they make these things they call trailers a nd you can drive your 15 on one . and get this it is real exciting you can pull it to the snow . yes I know .

but it is true you can pull it to the snow 

I’ve owned a trailer since the second year I got back into the sport 18 years ago.

But I have a snow plowing business that I’m not prepared to give up yet and it’s impossible to hire anyone capable/reliable these days. Add to that a bad back, a girlfriend who bought a place in Florida, no snow here last 2 winters, no friends who ride and it’s hard to log miles.

And a lot of the time getting away sucks. The hotels, food and fuel get expensive. All to ride over crowded chewed to shit trails.

I love to ride but when there’s nothing rideable within a 45 minutes drive........

58 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I’ve owned a trailer since the second year I got back into the sport 18 years ago.

But I have a snow plowing business that I’m not prepared to give up yet and it’s impossible to hire anyone capable/reliable these days. Add to that a bad back, a girlfriend who bought a place in Florida, no snow here last 2 winters, no friends who ride and it’s hard to log miles.

And a lot of the time getting away sucks. The hotels, food and fuel get expensive. All to ride over crowded chewed to shit trails.

I love to ride but when there’s nothing rideable within a 45 minutes drive........

lol I here you on the workers issue . I have a bud with over 100 accounts.  when we are out west and we get hit at home he spends 2 days putting out fires because his guys are missing shit non stop .

got to just say fuck it and make the time . or sell the shit and rent when you go 

13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

lol I here you on the workers issue . I have a bud with over 100 accounts.  when we are out west and we get hit at home he spends 2 days putting out fires because his guys are missing shit non stop .

got to just say fuck it and make the time . or sell the shit and rent when you go 

I purged a bunch of customers last year (complainers, late payers, high maintenance, etc) when my son went back to school . Dropped it down to a level that 2 of us could easily handle, and one guy could get by in a pinch. I should have done it sooner but I was keeping it with the idea that my son may stay in the business. I think he's 70/30 leaving me at this point so I'm trying to make it 2 more years before I quit plowing all together. Let him get through university and find something in his field.

By then her and I will both need new sleds and it will be the time to decide whether we are still full time sledders or part time renters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I purged a bunch of customers last year (complainers, late payers, high maintenance, etc) when my son went back to school . Dropped it down to a level that 2 of us could easily handle, and one guy could get by in a pinch. I should have done it sooner but I was keeping it with the idea that my son may stay in the business. I think he's 70/30 leaving me at this point so I'm trying to make it 2 more years before I quit plowing all together. Let him get through university and find something in his field.

By then her and I will both need new sleds and it will be the time to decide whether we are still full time sledders or part time renters.

keep em all and sell the accounts .I know a few guys who sold just the accounts  for real good money 

On 9/15/2018 at 7:35 AM, Nazipigdog said:

Mid life crisis bro?

:lol:

No not really, just want something that I can take for a rip on the backroads around here and something that I can put in the back of truck and head up north to run two track anc county roads. Dan and I spun up 150 miles yesterday bombing around West Bend Wisconsin, I was driving a Slingshot.

On 9/15/2018 at 9:59 AM, Ez ryder said:

I got a 390 KTM duke a few yrs back . have had a lot of bikes but this is one of the most fun . they built them as a starter bike but the largest owner demographic is men 40 to50

a lot of older guys are over the all out crazy HP and want a ultra light quick bike with killer handling 

Exactly, I was never into street bikes but I rode dirt bikes when I was younger and this Honda while not a dirt bike gives me the ability to ride two track and bomb around town, light is right :bc:

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I sold mine off about 15 yrs ago. Have just been subbing for a bud since. And if I have a ride planned he understands Im not going to be around.

On 9/15/2018 at 8:08 AM, old indy said:

IMG_5005.JPG

Nice!!! Ultra Classic?

This is the 2007 crossfire 6 that I picked up for the other half yesterday. 1032 miles/1660 kms.

He was another meat head that didn't realize that digital gauges can read in either mph or kph and was telling me it had 1032 kms lol.

But at the end of the day, no big difference between 1000 kms or 1600 kms. It wouldn't and didn't make a difference.

It has a run in with a barbed wire fence so it has a few scratches on the one side and the snowflap is missing. I will be addressing the flap before winter but it will be her first sled. It won't hurt that it already has a few scratches. Less heart breaking when she puts some on it herself.

20180917_165612_HDR.jpg

20180917_165548.jpg

20180917_165452.jpg

20180917_165504.jpg

20180917_165512_HDR.jpg

• Like 2