Where were you at when you heard about 9/11?

Highmark

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Ok...then just the second one.  :bc:

I dont give two shits about 9/11.....I wish everyone would forget about it so we could start undoing the absolute decimation of our rights that it ushered in

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I dont give two shits about 9/11.....I wish everyone would forget about it so we could start undoing the absolute decimation of our rights that it ushered in

Oh relax.  It's friday!

Are you back in MN yet?  Is that why you want to keep grabbing the tiger by the tail?  :lmao:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Oh relax.  It's friday!

Are you back in MN yet?  Is that why you want to keep grabbing the tiger by the tail?  :lmao:

:bigfinger:

You're the forum kitten....the snowrider of the right wing :lol: the punching bag that never runs out of hot air!!!11+

73er personified !!!!!

• Platinum Contributing Member

Was doing an install. Heard it on the radio and assumed it was a small plane and an accident as just a week or so before I was reading about a plane hitting the empire state building yrs before. At lunch we got the whole story.

I was at an Outdoor Retailer show at The Center of New Hampshire in Manchester looking at the 2012 canoes and kayaks. As soon as word got out everyone headed to the lobby to watch the news. Good Morning America was on the TV and they still weren't sure if it was an accident or not. Then the 2nd plane flew in to the tower. The mood in the room changed in an instant.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I was at an Outdoor Retailer show at The Center of New Hampshire in Manchester looking at the 2012 canoes and kayaks. As soon as word got out everyone headed to the lobby to watch the news. Good Morning America was on the TV and they still weren't sure if it was an accident or not. Then the 2nd plane flew in to the tower. The mood in the room changed in an instant.

2002 canoes.

Was at work we were just bought by another company when one of their guys came in the break room where we were all watching and says. They think they have problems. How am I supposed to get home. What an asshole. He was fired on the spot and told to walk home to Georgia 

At work in CNY, heard about the first plan hit over the radio we had playing in the warehouse,..went to conference room and turned TV. As most her thought, I also figured a small plane had a problem and just crashed,..then saw the second hit, was overwhelmed..My father who worked for AA at the time, called him to make sure he was not in the air at the time,..freaked me out as it took a while for him to get back to me,..was on the ground..

As weeks went on we would get our normal orders of equipment and parts from all over the country with thoughtful condolences written on wooden crates and boxes..Was cool to open a sealed 53' trailer from Kansas or Ohio and see those people at the factories took a few seconds to bust out the old Sharpie and write something on a slat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, T1R9sledder said:

I was at one of my stores when a customer called and said a plane hit the WTC. What's really creepy for me was the fact I stayed in the same Comfort Inn about 6 weeks later. 

https://nypost.com/2001/10/12/final-hours-of-hijack-monster-he-waited-until-last-minute-to-buy-boxcutters/

Yep. 45 minutes down the road.

8 hours ago, Snake said:

A shit ton of planes fly over Maine, on their way overseas. It was actually surreal NOT to see the contrails in the sky. And the day they opened it back up... wow.

I was working about 2 miles from the Nashua airport . Between all the little single and twin engine planes in and out of there and the Jets coming in low headed to Manchester it seemed the skies were always abuzz over the shop.  I remember the next day thinking how eerie it was with zero activity around . 

I was working just outside of the overhead door masking up the nose on a light blue Buick ans getting it ready to roll into the spraybooth . It was such an awesome morning that I wanted to work outside .  All of a sudden someone came blasting out of the office door yelling that NY was under attack. To this day those jets have a sinister look to them when they are coming in at about 1k feet

Edited by Sal Rosenberg
  • Like 1

I was at work. Heard the number of people that worked in those buildings and assumed 10 times the loss of life.  

Later I saw that the US government closed their airspace even to their own people.  Yet Canada took a risk and let those planes land. 

I watched our soldiers die in Afghanistan and saw us spend billions.

Now I watch your President lie about Canada and try to fuck over Canada.  I watch people on here cheer while he treats us worse than Russia and I know that if the roles were reversed, America would watch those planes crash into the Ocean before taking a risk for us. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

I was at work. Heard the number of people that worked in those buildings and assumed 10 times the loss of life.  

Later I saw that the US government closed their airspace even to their own people.  Yet Canada took a risk and let those planes land. 

I watched our soldiers die in Afghanistan and saw us spend billions.

Now I watch your President lie about Canada and try to fuck over Canada.  I watch people on here cheer while he treats us worse than Russia and I know that if the roles were reversed, America would watch those planes crash into the Ocean before taking a risk for us. 

Not sure if you didn’t notice, but this isn’t a political thread... That’s all I’ll say here.

• Like 1

The resolve and the tenacity to pull off something like 9/11 is really quite remarkable.  Overall a very elegant war plan. It wasn’t just the jets either. It was also the events leading up to 9/11. Especially the murder of the northern alliance leader Masood. Had he not been murdered by Osama just a few days before 9/11, the war in Afghanistan would’ve been far different. 

9 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Not sure if you didn’t notice, but this isn’t a political thread... That’s all I’ll say here.

It’s my memories of it. I was incredibly proud of the people who took in the stranded passengers. They took them into their houses and didn’t accept money. They took the risk of letting planes land that could have had hijackers. A risk the US government didn’t take. 

You are one of the people guilty of attacking Canada recently. I’m not surprised you don’t want to hear this. 

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

It’s my memories of it. I was incredibly proud of the people who took in the stranded passengers. They took them into their houses and didn’t accept money. They took the risk of letting planes land that could have had hijackers. A risk the US government didn’t take. 

You are one of the people guilty of attacking Canada recently. I’m not surprised you don’t want to hear this. 

Get fucked you weak wristed, bone fingered retard.  Ask Saudi if you can first.

:lol:

• Thanks 1