Seventeen years after Sept. 11, Al Qaeda may be stronger than ever

Ever wonder why terrorist groups like Al Qaeda, ISIS, Al Nusra only attack in places we want to attack? Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc... They never attack Saudi Arabia, Israel or any of our other allies. Weird eh? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Ever wonder why terrorist groups like Al Qaeda, ISIS, Al Nusra only attack in places we want to attack? Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc... They never attack Saudi Arabia, Israel or any of our other allies. Weird eh? 

That is an excellent point....hmmmmmm.

Libya was a pipeline to get non-American weapons into the hands of those fighting the Syrian govt.   Never learn our lesson.   Get out of the entire ME and let them burn it to the ground. 

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Libya was a pipeline to get non-American weapons into the hands of those fighting the Syrian govt.   Never learn our lesson.   Get out of the entire ME and let them burn it to the ground. 

We are not there to fight terrorism, we are there to win whats there. 18 years in afghanistan now. Who are we fighting? 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

We are not there to fight terrorism, we are there to win whats there. 18 years in afghanistan now. Who are we fighting? 

Yes and no.   Afghanistan was a training hotbed and without it stable it will just become that again.   I'm not claiming its stable now but different than it use to be.

You have to admit there is some history behind not just up and leaving right after a war.   

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes and no.   Afghanistan was a training hotbed and without it stable it will just become that again.   I'm not claiming its stable now but different than it use to be.

You have to admit there is some history behind not just up and leaving right after a war.   

So which country that we have liberated from evil dictator or terrorist hot bed is better now? 

20 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

So which country that we have liberated from evil dictator or terrorist hot bed is better now? 

I'd say to some extent both Iraq and Afghanistan are better than when we got there for the majority of its people.   By no mean's am I claiming we should have went into Iraq.  

Edited by Highmark

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd say to some extent both Iraq and Afghanistan are better than when we got there for the majority of its people.   

You think Iraq is better now than with Saddam? And Afghanistan too?

One of my employees is from Iraq. He supports what the US did to Saddam over there. Things are much better now over there he says. He goes back every few years as he has rental property in Iraq.

Edited by Turf

32 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Not massively better but better.   He gassed his own people man not to mention the death chambers of dissidents.  He was brutal.  It wasn't just the killing either but things like the environment disaster he ordered when leaving Kuwait.  The coalition fucked up big time by letting him stay in power.

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/IraqCoverage/story?id=2761722&page=1

Afghanistan things are much better for women and children than under the Taliban.

Edited by Highmark

47 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd say to some extent both Iraq and Afghanistan are better than when we got there for the majority of its people.   By no mean's am I claiming we should have went into Iraq.  

33 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Holy fuck.

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not massively better but better.   He gassed his own people man not to mention the death chambers of dissidents.  He was brutal.  It wasn't just the killing either but things like the environment disaster he ordered when leaving Kuwait.  The coalition fucked up big time by letting him stay in power.

Afghanistan things are much better for women and children than under the Taliban.

Lol oh yeah? Says who? At what cost? Who do you think runs the tribal areas? I’ll give you a couple guesses and it’s not the Afghani govt... 

29 minutes ago, Highmark said:

He gassed people when they were at war with Iran killing approx 3-5000 people. Since we invaded we killed over 500,000... As bad as Saddam was I bet those people would rather be alive. Whatever people want to say, prior to our occupation baghdad was relatively safe. And many historical sites were intact. Our occupation and the void left helped ISIS come to power and their atrocities were far worse than Saddam. 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

He gassed people when they were at war with Iran killing approx 3-5000 people. Since we invaded we killed over 500,000... As bad as Saddam was I bet those people would rather be alive. Whatever people want to say, prior to our occupation baghdad was relatively safe. And many historical sites were intact. Our occupation and the void left helped ISIS come to power and their atrocities were far worse than Saddam. 

Also, not our fucking bidness.

47 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You’ve bought the rhetoric hook line and sinker. Congratulations. 

33 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Lol oh yeah? Says who? At what cost? Who do you think runs the tribal areas? I’ll give you a couple guesses and it’s not the Afghani govt... 

Over 40 million live in the poshtun valley. The largest tribal region in the world. A full scale nuclear war could destroy civilization and a lot of those people would just shrug their shoulders.