New AR

f7ben

Shot 100rds of cheap wolf steel case ammo. Gun required an adjustment to the gas block to cycle properly and I'll have to make another adjustment as its just not locking the bolt back on the last round consistently. 

6.5 grendel is a banger round....you certainly know you arent shooting 5.56. I like it......

Zero'd gun at 100yds. About 2" MOA average I'd say with this ammo. Its strange. It seems like 2 out of every 3 shots would be sub MOA and then there would be a flier than was 2" out or so. This held true at 200 yards and at 300 yards. 

I was hitting consistently in 3" targets at 300 yards and then there was the 1 out of three that would be 5-6" off.

The Nikon Black X1000 is a very nice scope for the money. With some decent match grade rounds or some hand loads I think I could be hitting steel plates easily out 5-600 yards and maybe further. I was glassing a stop sign at exactly 1 mile and I think given the right caliber you could put some lead on it. 

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Shot 100rds of cheap wolf steel case ammo. Gun required an adjustment to the gas block to cycle properly and I'll have to make another adjustment as its just not locking the bolt back on the last round consistently. 

6.5 grendel is a banger round....you certainly know you arent shooting 5.56. I like it......

Zero'd gun at 100yds. About 2" MOA average I'd say with this ammo. Its strange. It seems like 2 out of every 3 shots would be sub MOA and then there would be a flier than was 2" out or so. This held true at 200 yards and at 300 yards. 

I was hitting consistently in 3" targets at 300 yards and then there was the 1 out of three that would be 5-6" off.

The Nikon Black X1000 is a very nice scope for the money. With some decent match grade rounds or some hand loads I think I could be hitting steel plates easily out 5-600 yards and maybe further. I was glassing a stop sign at exactly 1 mile and I think given the right caliber you could put some lead on it. 

How much did you have to drink last night? The ammo could be fine. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Putting together 2 more of these currently. One for me and one for a buddy. 

Same rifle as above but chambered in 224 valkyrie

Where's my 5 thou, ya' welching bastid????