Polaris 700 CFI Motors....yay or nay?

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

They were not much quicker than the 600.

Some blew up, some didn't. My neighbor had one that blew the first year and then again 2 years later. And a guy at my club had one that blew the second year.

But NewfieBullet had one that he racked up a ton of miles on and it never had an issue.

There were too many bad ones for my liking, and I wanted one bad! Polaris hired Merc, I believe, to help them with all their issues but they didn't have much success either, IIRC? It's too bad as I loved the looks of the White Dragons but I just couldn't do it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

another episode of "What will Snacks buy next"

It's a sickness for sure. :lol:

1 minute ago, irv said:

There were too many bad ones for my liking, and I wanted one bad! Polaris hired Merc, I believe, to help them with all their issues but they didn't have much success either, IIRC? It's too bad as I loved the looks of the White Dragons but I just couldn't do it. 

So what are the issues with the 700 cfi.....mapping, Pistons....?

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

My friend Matt had a Dragon RMK w/700cfi. He was 6’5” and went over 220 pounds. It dragged him around the hills of Wyoming just fine. 

154012E7-044A-4C6D-B1DB-2FF846A48BF3.jpeg

https://up.craigslist.org/snw/d/rmk-dragon-ez-ryde-skid/6679726214.html

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

If he still had it would it be in Crandon, WI? 

EZ Ryde Skid?

none of those last 2  have a ez ryde.

I have had 3 ezryde very nice skids . there are some wear parts that need yearly or every other but cheep bushing stuff .

my bud worked for them for a long time spent well over 5k mi a yr backcountry testing those things back in the day 

if you don't like a lot of transfer you won't like a ez 

Edited by Ez ryder

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah that’s Matt’s sled. We both had ez rydes in our sleds. Both sleds climbed some crazy ass stuff when we rode wyo together. As for motor performance, his was pretty even with my 660 big reed motor. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

none of those last 2  have a ez ryde.

I have had 3 ezryde very nice skids . there are some wear parts that need yearly or every other but cheep bushing stuff .

my bud worked for them for a long time spent well over 5k mi a yr backcountry testing those things back in the day 

if you don't like a lot of transfer you won't like a ez 

I had to dig out my old login after Jim mentioned this thread to me on text!

I think I bought this sled from your friend.  Jerry Ball?  I used to ride with him north of Calumet.  Maniac on a sled!

Sled always ran great and never let me down.  CFI 700 is basically a stroked 660.  I had two of them and they were both fantastic motors.  Just need to ensure you let them hit 100F before you drive away or you can foul plugs on occasion.

Been out of sledding for a couple years but was holding on to this one somewhat for sentimentality and somewhat with the misguided hopes that my life would become less busy again...  Miss riding a lot, but now that I have endless summer in AZ, I'm on to other stuff.  This arrives at my home on Saturday.  Can't wait!  Shown here getting new rubber for the trek from Portland to Phoenix.  :)

IMG_20180830_161556.jpg

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's a sickness for sure. :lol:

So what are the issues with the 700 cfi.....mapping, Pistons....?

I forget exactly, but I believe it was mostly mapping? Seemed the issues rose up quite frequently if you didn't alter your throttle position quite frequently. IIRC, it was mostly the 800's that had the most issues but the 600's weren't free from them either. Like Blackstar mentioned, some had issues and some didn't but from the multiple sites I read about them, I believe the odds were against you whether you got a good one or not. I also believe Polaris was washing their hands with them. Even though one had warranty, if you used it a few times they were telling people your warranty is over. Many came for sale cheap after that. 

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think I bought this sled from your friend.  Jerry Ball?  I used to ride with him north of Calumet.  Maniac on a sled!

Sled always ran great and never let me down.  CFI 700 is basically a stroked 660.  I had two of them and they were both fantastic motors.  Just need to ensure you let them hit 100F before you drive away or you can foul plugs on occasion.

Been out of sledding for a couple years but was holding on to this one somewhat for sentimentality and somewhat with the misguided hopes that my life would become less busy again...  Miss riding a lot, but now that I have endless summer in AZ, I'm on to other stuff.  This arrives at my home on Saturday.  Can't wait!  Shown here getting new rubber for the trek from Portland to Phoenix.  :)

IMG_20180830_161556.jpg

Great boat and really is a small world.

21 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

My friend Matt had a Dragon RMK w/700cfi. He was 6’5” and went over 220 pounds. It dragged him around the hills of Wyoming just fine. 

154012E7-044A-4C6D-B1DB-2FF846A48BF3.jpeg

Huh , small world. I have a black friend and you have a friend with a snowmobile.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matt said:

IMG_20180830_161556.jpg

yeah I remember when he bought that one . sold it the following yr if I remember . then started buying M8s think he still has the M8 he got next with somthing crazy like 20k now on it totally thrashed out lol .

that boy can ride . he is deff the best rider I run with hands down . 

Still sounds sweet too.  Prior to this I was running an AFJ-built ProX 660 136" that could run right with a tuned ZR 800 ridden by a guy 80 lbs lighter than me.  The 700 CFI felt every bit equal to the power of that one.  And like Greg said, there was not really a discernable difference going back and forth from his 660 HO to this sled both in the UP and out in Wyoming at elevation.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah I remember when he bought that one . sold it the following yr if I remember . then started buying M8s think he still has the M8 he got next with somthing crazy like 20k now on it totally thrashed out lol .

that boy can ride . he is deff the best rider I run with hands down . 

He belongs in a western state with how he can ride.  There aren't many folks who can run away from me on a sled.  He could.