Just put the dog down

21 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Been there many times....they become part of the family. Know what you're going through..it's brutal.

Sorry to hear..Hang in there

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Sorry to here, take care of yourself and be open to getting another dog.

Thanks guys. We are definitely getting another.  But not for at least 6months to a year 

14 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Sorry for your lost we lost one of ours 3 weeks ago

That sucks. I hate this shit ,but its life I guess 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sorry for the loss, they really become part of the family.

Yup. They really do. 

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Been there many times....they become part of the family. Know what you're going through..it's brutal.

Sorry to hear..Hang in there

They're just like having another child. 

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

Sorry to here, take care of yourself and be open to getting another dog.

For sure.

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

Thanks guys. We are definitely getting another.  But not for at least 6months to a year 

We lost a cat while on vacation back in July of '11. We were all just devistated. Didn't plan on getting another pet for a while. Wife said she didn't want another male cat. She stared looking at dogs. I really didn't want to get another pet right away, but I gave in and was ok with looking. 2 weeks later, we found Bella at at PetSmart on a Sunday morning that the Michigan Humane Society was having an adoption day at.  That was 7 years ago August 15th. So glad I didn't wait 

FB_IMG_1534332248642.thumb.jpg.e216586603de000a3f113b67b6fbcff4.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ckf said:

So sorry for your loss. Pets can be harder to loose than friends and family.

4 hours ago, Cold War said:

sorry for your loss.  dogs are the best.  tough coming home and not having your best friend meet you at door.

4 hours ago, Tomas. said:

Sorry for your loss xcr. Haven't even had my pup for a year yet and wouldn't know what to do if I lost her.

4 hours ago, SmeeAgain said:

Really sorry to hear. Can't think of much that cuts you up like having to put you best friend down,

4 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

my condolences xcr. been there, done that. 

3 hours ago, smokin george said:

Sorry to hear! It's never easy losing a fur baby. 

Thanks guys:bc:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’m sorry about that. It’s never ever easy. 

2 hours ago, snowblind said:

So very sorry for your loss. I have had to put 2 down in my life and it hurts like hell. But the memories stay with you forever. They were my kids

Thanks guys . She was our baby for sure. Going to take awhile for sure to get over this 

On 8/23/2018 at 8:22 AM, xcr700 said:

First off, I have 2 rescues and yes they're part off the family. We care about them and take very good care of them, they lack for nothing. 1 is 11 and the day is coming where we'll have to make a choice as well. You need to remember that they put joy in your heart but you did the same to them. 

Here's the thing that I don't understand. If you enjoy pets and like them around, why does everyone feel the need to wait to replace? Out of respect? The hurt of loss? They're animals guys, and while they give us many good memories, why not jump right in and get another one? Shelters are full of adoptable pets that need homes now. By the responses, there are many kind hearted animal lovers on here that would give a great home to a pet who could be hours away from euthanasia. Just a thought.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

First off, I have 2 rescues and yes they're part off the family. We care about them and take very good care of them, they lack for nothing. 1 is 11 and the day is coming where we'll have to make a choice as well. You need to remember that they put joy in your heart but you did the same to them. 

Here's the thing that I don't understand. If you enjoy pets and like them around, why does everyone feel the need to wait to replace? Out of respect? The hurt of loss? They're animals guys, and while they give us many good memories, why not jump right in and get another one? Shelters are full of adoptable pets that need homes now. By the responses, there are many kind hearted animal lovers on here that would give a great home to a pet who could be hours away from euthanasia. Just a thought.

Sometimes it takes a little time. Last time I had to put one down I wasn't ready right away. I ended up getting 2 cats ( bro and sis ) about a month later as I could no longer take a quiet house. Then 3 months later rescued a lab

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

I agree 100 percent.  Our last 2 dogs and our current cat are all rescues.  Only way to do imo, save them from certain demise and give them another chance. But the woman wants to wait a bit so I respect that :bc:

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

I agree 100 percent.  Our last 2 dogs and our current cat are all rescues.  Only way to do imo, save them from certain demise and give them another chance. But the woman wants to wait a bit so I respect that :bc:

I hope it’s getting better for you.  I know how hard it is....brutal.

I know she was your only one, do both yourselves a favor....go get another pup.  Fill the void.  She wouldn’t want you two to be sad and lonely for this long.