Yukon xl

Rod

8 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Thats because GM uses gearing for economy and not seat of the pants. It feels like a dog. 

It’s the tq management that neutered them 

• Like 1

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Std. G.R. was 3.42 on mine, the option package used is 3.08 and the ECOTEC3 engine package was $1,195 option..I never tried to see how fast it would go but if you floor it from a dead stop it will burn the tires.

Mine has a 3.90 in it and it is a stump puller. The 3.08 feels like it cant get out of its own way. All of those GM's from the trucks to camaros feel alot snappier with the 3.55 gear in them. 

The 5.3 is a solid and reliable engine tho, it will most likely outlast any other production v-8.

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Ok so the ford 6.2 makes way less power than GM 6.2 and is way worse on fuel good talk 

Yet tows and hauls more.  You're just as clueless about trucks as that Murse faggot

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

What is the 16+ 5.0 @SVT Renegade XRS:dunno: 

In the F150s, 385hp 387tq

The '18+ are 395hp 400tq

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Mine has a 3.90 in it and it is a stump puller. The 3.08 feels like it cant get out of its own way. All of those GM's from the trucks to camaros feel alot snappier with the 3.55 gear in them. 

The 5.3 is a solid and reliable engine tho, it will most likely outlast any other production v-8.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

The 5.3 has typically been the worst v8 in class in the last 10-15 years.  

From what I understand it's a different engine last couple years, I know it looks nothing like my 2007 5.3 Avalanche engine.

Mine has the 6 speed trans, also available with the 8 speed, now GM is coming out with a 10 speed and I've been told Ford is coming out with a 12 speed.

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

It’s the tq management that neutered them 

The HEMI with the 8 speed tranny and 3.90 gear is awesome. Gets good economy too. GM lost me in 2015 with their cheap looking interior and dull power. The newer ones have moved to better transmissions so I dont know what they feel like nowadays but they have always been reliable as hell. No way I would trust a ferd with the kind of miles we put on these trucks.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

From what I understand it's a different engine last couple years, I know it looks nothing like my 2007 5.3 Avalanche engine.

Mine has the 6 speed trans, also available with the 8 speed, now GM is coming out with a 10 speed and I've been told Ford is coming out with a 12 speed.

Ford has a 10 speed developed with gm.  I hate it. The shut off as well at lights sucks.  The 10 speed is always hunting for gear.  

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Yet tows and hauls more.  You're just as clueless about trucks as that Murse faggot

In the F150s, 385hp 387tq

The '18+ are 395hp 400tq

:lol:

You’re comparing a 3/4 ton to a 1/2 ton :lol: 

sad 

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Ford has a 10 speed developed with gm.  I hate it. The shut off as well at lights sucks.  The 10 speed is always hunting for gear.  

I think 10 is too much. the 8 speed is perfect. 

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

The HEMI with the 8 speed tranny and 3.90 gear is awesome. Gets good economy too. GM lost me in 2015 with their cheap looking interior and dull power. The newer ones have moved to better transmissions so I dont know what they feel like nowadays but they have always been reliable as hell. No way I would trust a ferd with the kind of miles we put on these trucks.

Hemi are good no hate here

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

2014+ were all new engines.  

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Hemi are good no hate here

Its my first Dodge and I love this truck. The new ones are looking really nice I am chomping at the bit to upgrade but this one just runs so smooth. 

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I didn't mind the 6 speed.   10 is too much for city it's always hunting.   

Its not as good as the 8 speed. Ive had both. Havent spent enough time in a 10 speed tho. 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I didn't mind the 6 speed.   10 is too much for city it's always hunting.   

Do you have the 5.0?  The 10 speed eco’s that I have driven seems to work well.  But the eco’s make all their power way down low in the rpm band compared to these hig rev modern v8’s from the big 3

Edited by BOHICA

Just now, BOHICA said:

Do you have the 5.0.  The 10 speed eco’s that I have driven seems to work well.  But the eco’s make all their power way down low in the rpm band compared to these hig rev modern v8’s from the big 3

The 10 speed in the eco is so smooth i dont even notice it changing....even when towing.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Do you have the 5.0?  The 10 speed eco’s that I have driven seems to work well.  But the eco’s make all their power way down low in the rpm band compared to these hig rev modern v8’s from the big 3

6.2 makes gobs of low end tq. 

20 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

355 HP in mine.

it still doesn;t feel like a lot,  gearing is off on the things.  it really was my biggest disappointment,  actually thought my 09 felt far stronger and was maybe 1 mpg worse in economy.  

push comes to shove right now i'd prob pick up a 16 Ram or a 16 F150 ecoboost as there were not many 6.2 gmc's sold.   I can't bring myself to buy new again and with a 16 still under factory warranty i can toss a 125k mile warranty on the ecoboost for relatively short money.   Need to decide in the next few months if i am doing that or driving the explorer into the ground,  this PTU issue has me thinking i might not want to keep it.   

• Like 1