Police use Taser on 87-year-old woman cutting dandelions with a knife

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Al-Bishara did not drop a steak knife despite several commands and a demonstration by officers. At one point, she walked toward officers with the knife, police said.

That will usually do it.

Do what? Cops can’t disarm an 87 year old woman without tazing the fuck out of her? 

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Al-Bishara did not drop a steak knife despite several commands and a demonstration by officers. At one point, she walked toward officers with the knife, police said.

That will usually do it.

Is it so difficult to toss a heavy sweatshirt over her knife as a disarming technique? She had dementia and was 87. Maybe they were fearful of those lightening fast reflexes. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Is it so difficult to toss a heavy sweatshirt over her knife as a disarming technique? She had dementia and was 87. Maybe they were fearful of those lightening fast reflexes. 

Or maybe they didn't want to get slashed seeing 70% of the people they interact with have a mental disorder.

Not to mention a not everyone has a sweatshirt with them in Georgia in fucking august.

• Like 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Or maybe they didn't want to get slashed seeing 70% of the people they interact with have a mental disorder.

Not to mention a not everyone has a sweatshirt with them in Georgia in fucking august.

Sweatshirt was a metaphor for any article of clothing. Are you this fucking dense? 

Al-Bishara, didn’t speak English.....clearly a member of ISIS.....those hero’s did the right thing! Now off to Gitmo with the octogenarian enemy combatant!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Jesus H... What the fuck is wrong with some of you?? Does AMG have a twin? (Looks at Steve). It's not the same as a crazed 21 yr old, hopped up on meth, making slashing motions and charging them full tilt. Not to mention there was more than one of the cops to disarm her.:flush:

14 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Jesus H... What the fuck is wrong with some of you?? Does AMG have a twin? (Looks at Steve). It's not the same as a crazed 21 yr old, hopped up on meth, making slashing motions and charging them full tilt. Not to mention there was more than one of the cops to disarm her.:flush:

Disarm her how? A tazer is harmless. Hurts like fuck for 10 minutes. 1/2 hr later all is well. It is probably the easiest least problematic way to disarm someone. Tackle an 87 yr old? Great 3 broken bones. Shoot her? Not good. Taze her. The public is upset but no one got hurt.

And in the end, they did disarm her.

• Like 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

And what would you have done if you were the cop. Lets hear it. Not a one liner not a " get a clue" what would you seriously have done ?

If an 87 year old woman was "approaching" me with a knife? I would have handled it. I feel very confident that if I felt threatened by a delusional senior I could probably push them to the ground and remove said weapon from them. But thats just what I would do, I am not a trained professional... 

• Like 1

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

If an 87 year old woman was "approaching" me with a knife? I would have handled it. I feel very confident that if I felt threatened by a delusional senior I could probably push them to the ground and remove said weapon from them. But thats just what I would do, I am not a trained professional... 

Pushing a 87 yr old to the ground would cause them a lot more harm then a taze , a lot more harm. Maybe even lasting harm.

• Thanks 1