Need a new vehicle for the wife

Rod

Her old suv lit the main harness on fire the other day so it’s “toast”. So I’m looking to replace it. Need something that can fit 5 people with luggage. Thinking maybe a 2010 ish traverse? Haven’t really heard a lot about them. Wanting to spend Around 15-20 grand so the loan isn’t to big.  Don’t really want a minivan cause they’re gay

9 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Her old suv lit the main harness on fire the other day so it’s “toast”. So I’m looking to replace it. Need something that can fit 5 people with luggage. Thinking maybe a 2010 ish traverse? Haven’t really heard a lot about them. Wanting to spend Around 15-20 grand so the loan isn’t to big.  Don’t really want a minivan cause they’re gay

Baller 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

acadia or enclave look better than the traverse.  Enclave around here ends to be the better value.  

Acadias are nice. Has to be AWD

10 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Why not an older Tahoe/suburban.  Good vehicles and fairly cheap.

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Baller 

Why are you here?

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

acadia or enclave look better than the traverse.  Enclave around here ends to be the better value.  

In my opinion the Enclave looks to "grandmaish"......Traverse FTW!

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Why not an older Tahoe/suburban.  Good vehicles and fairly cheap.

Why are you here?

Tahoe is kind of a useless vehicle considering the Traverse has more interior room for considerably less money.

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Tahoe is kind of a useless vehicle considering the Traverse has more interior room for considerably less money.

i would agree tahoe is useless and I've owned 7 or 8 of them.  I'd take a suburban over a traverse all day but i don't see touching a good low mile one for 20k where you can easily be in a Traverse at that price point.    Traverse interior room is really good,  it's the one thing i hate about my explorer(well other than the shitty AWD design) 

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Acadia or traverse i wouldnt touch anything pre 2014

I've heard some of the early Traverses had some issues, my wife has a 2015 Traverse, so far so good and she loves it.

13 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I don’t know anything about he travers or Acadia.  They have more interior room than a Tahoe though?

prolly better gas mileage too I’d think.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t know anything about he travers or Acadia.  They have more interior room than a Tahoe though?

prolly better gas mileage too I’d think.

a ton more,  the tahoe with the third seat ups useless,  the GM triplets have decent room behind the third seat although if using the third seat i'd go second row buckets over a bench unless you need that seat,  just so much more user friendly had that in my last couple of tahoes as well as my suburban and yukons and the wifes current highlander

11 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Ford Explorer with Eddie Bauer trim :bc: 

whens the last time they made those 2008?  until i just had my awd system have issues and read up on it being a systematic problem I'd have said an 11+ explorer for an option but not i'm not sure even after repair i want to keep mine.  

10 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Might want to check out a used Touareg.  At one point they offered a diesel V10 twin turbo.  553 lb-ft at 2000 rpm.  

Second gen is a good vehicle but engine choice was less than the first.  small v8,  6 banger petrol or the v6 TDI.  Coworker has a TDI and it really is a great vehicle,  good room inside and he gets almost 30 mpg with it.