Bhen was right......

ATV's are faggotmobiles lol. I got rid of my sled because of the lack of local snowfall. Now I got a Honda TRX 450r and it has been a headache. Doesn't help that I know fuck all about ATVs, nevermind a 4 stroke race atv lmao.

Just giving Ben credit where credit was due, that is all.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good job adding to his already enormous head!!!  He just got lucky...that’s all.  :lol:

:How’s your pup doing?

Lmao. 

She is doing real well. Couldn't be happier.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomas. said:

Lmao. 

She is doing real well. Couldn't be happier.

Take that pup....and that wheeler.....and trade them both for an awesome sled!!

May I suggest a cfr 1000

Or a boosted z1 turbo

Or maybe an older cat triple 

Those are the best sleds evah!!!

It was 6*c (43*f) this morning and it got me wanting that 2 stroke goodness. Unfortunately out here everyone has mountain sleds and in the rare event you find a flat land sled, people are on coke when it comes to prices.

37 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

It was 6*c (43*f) this morning and it got me wanting that 2 stroke goodness. Unfortunately out here everyone has mountain sleds and in the rare event you find a flat land sled, people are on coke when it comes to prices.

why do you want a diamond pounder if you have hills to play in.

always guys heading west from the flats if you wanted a short tracker 

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

why do you want a diamond pounder if you have hills to play in.

always guys heading west from the flats if you wanted a short tracker 

To get to a rideable mountain is about 5 hours one way from my place. I used to ride with a guy from work and his friends.

So take Friday off work. Get to the mountain by 12 thanks to the time change. By the time we pick up beacons and make it to the staging area it is close to 1:30. When everyone is ready, suited up, sleds started and ready to go it is 2-2:30. Shut it down around 5 as it is getting dark. Hotel the night. Full day Saturday on the mountain. Hotel for the night then come home Sunday morning as we all have work the next day.

So basically a day a a third of riding, 10 hours of in truck driving, miss a day of work everytime you want to go, spend two nights in a hotel. Maybe put on 100 kms on the sled. At the end of the day, it is around $500 plus a days wages and that is if you don't break anything.

Snowmobiling is already not very affordable lol. The mountains just amplify that. On top of all that. They only went like 3 times a year. 

A switchback would be ideal. The one guy I used to ride with rode a bcx 800. So 137" track and it performed just fine where we went. It couldn't ride the trees anywhere near as nice as my M8 153" but when we were back home, it was the far superior machine. 

27 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

To get to a rideable mountain is about 5 hours one way from my place. I used to ride with a guy from work and his friends.

So take Friday off work. Get to the mountain by 12 thanks to the time change. By the time we pick up beacons and make it to the staging area it is close to 1:30. When everyone is ready, suited up, sleds started and ready to go it is 2-2:30. Shut it down around 5 as it is getting dark. Hotel the night. Full day Saturday on the mountain. Hotel for the night then come home Sunday morning as we all have work the next day.

So basically a day a a third of riding, 10 hours of in truck driving, miss a day of work everytime you want to go, spend two nights in a hotel. Maybe put on 100 kms on the sled. At the end of the day, it is around $500 plus a days wages and that is if you don't break anything.

Snowmobiling is already not very affordable lol. The mountains just amplify that. On top of all that. They only went like 3 times a year. 

A switchback would be ideal. The one guy I used to ride with rode a bcx 800. So 137" track and it performed just fine where we went. It couldn't ride the trees anywhere near as nice as my M8 153" but when we were back home, it was the far superior machine. 

boo whoo we drive 18 to 20 hrs 3 or 4 times,a yr . if we keep a trailer in kremmling and we usually do. we get up at 230am to catch a flight in to Denver at 5am fly in to Denver catch a uber to the storage place to grab the truck drive to kremmling pick up the trailer drive up the hill to the ears,if snow is good there we are ridding by noon if not we keep rolling to the flat tops and are ridding by 230 .sleep in the trailer for 2 or 3 nights . then drop all shit off to catch a 930 pm out of Denver. 

all good though .

I have a trail burner but it is what it is just a toy to pass the time untill the next trip west . and when on that always on the hunt for tthe filled in river bed or drifted field etc 

30 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Then you're doing it wrong. Deep holes, technical rocks, gotta roll it a few times... tons of fun @DAVE :saluting:

I sold both the quad and the commander a month ago or so.

Plan is to get an X3.

;)

• Thanks 1

Just now, jammin said:

SXS are a good time.  4 seater and a cooler of beer. 

4 seaters are too long....the school bus turning radius makes them useless on the bush trails.

Just now, DAVE said:

4 seaters are too long....the school bus turning radius makes them useless on the bush trails.

We ride the sled / atv / utv trails.  Hit the regular bar stops just like sledding.  Good times.