Retarded Kijiji Ad's

7 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

The 775 is super rare....hence the price.  I remember my late Uncle bought a new 73 Silver Bullet 294. Same chassis, tippy little ride, plenty of fun. The guy needs to find the right guy for that price......might be a bit of a “Puzzle” to sell.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Poncho said:

The 775 is super rare....hence the price.  I remember my late Uncle bought a new 73 Silver Bullet 294. Same chassis, tippy little ride, plenty of fun. The guy needs to find the right guy for that price......might be a bit of a “Puzzle” to sell.

It's certainly cool and appears to be minty. Even a 294 Silver Bullet like you mentioned in a similar condition would command a pretty decent buck.

8 hours ago, Poncho said:

Had a challenge to run a 775 back in the day. The first 300 ft was all his. That 18" track rooster every rock, twig and stone at me. After the 300' it was game over. He somehow never talked smack again. And showed respect to the little 340F/A.........

294 Had a twin carb setup. Constant nightmare...... BRP finally updated to a single carb to fix the issues. 

2 hours ago, bladefever said:

Had a challenge to run a 775 back in the day. The first 300 ft was all his. That 18" track rooster every rock, twig and stone at me. After the 300' it was game over. He somehow never talked smack again. And showed respect to the little 340F/A.........

294 Had a twin carb setup. Constant nightmare...... BRP finally updated to a single carb to fix the issues. 

Yes I remember my Uncle complaining about the carbs on the 294, always an issue.    

Every Doo was like that, that had the motors right in front of the seat.  Lol

6 hours ago, bladefever said:

Oh..... And if you ride the 775. Make sure you hung your 1pc suit as far away as possible from the woodstove..... It was a 50/50 split between fuel going into the engine and fuel to soak your crotch......

6 hours ago, bladefever said:

Oh..... And if you ride the 775. Make sure you hung your 1pc suit as far away as possible from the woodstove..... It was a 50/50 split between fuel going into the engine and fuel to soak your crotch......

The reason dad bought a Polaris...front mounted engine, (in front of steering shaft) and mikuni carbs.  They were years ahead.....waiting Puzzle response....

Nothing wrong with the trusty ol' Tillotsons..... lol.  My Dad's ol' 399 had the crotch motor, Tilly carb...... but was virtually unstoppable.  Never failed him, well into the 80s. 

The '73 Lynx, on the other hand...... :)

34 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Nothing wrong with the trusty ol' Tillotsons..... lol.  My Dad's ol' 399 had the crotch motor, Tilly carb...... but was virtually unstoppable.  Never failed him, well into the 80s. 

The '73 Lynx, on the other hand...... :)

I loved to fine tune my old Motoski.... On the run.  Wore many a glove out recalibrating.... Listening for that extra 30 RPM.....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bladefever said:

I loved to fine tune my old Motoski.... On the run.  Wore many a glove out recalibrating.... Listening for that extra 30 RPM.....

Turning the hi speed jet. That was cool. Used to do that on the old outboard too. Kids today have no idea

Yep.  The Massey Ferguson-esque headlight array was a real show stopper...... even uglier than a Perry The Platypus.  The later Colts were awful also.... :(

But I agree, the Poos were more technologically advanced.  Hydraulic brakes pretty early on too. 

1972_POLARIS_COLT_SS_295_1_OCT_04_6A_3_PP1305.jpg

Edited by Puzzleboy

Filing the points in a cold ass garage, installing cold fuel lines that had been dipped in hot coffee, and priming with my Dad's old primer (small Isopropyl bottle with hole drilled in the cap).

He set our Elan on fire one day with that bottle.  Lol.  Lots of snow quickly doused the flames.....

Just now, Poncho said:

Turning the hi speed jet. That was cool. Used to do that on the old outboard too. Kids today have no idea

5 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yep.  The Massey Ferguson-esque headlight array was a real show stopper...... even uglier than a Perry The Platypus.  The later Colts were awful also.... :(

But I agree, the Poos were more technologically advanced.  Hydraulic brakes pretty early on too. 

1972_POLARIS_COLT_SS_295_1_OCT_04_6A_3_PP1305.jpg

That’s an earlier model....try to stay up.....I like the 73 and up.....but you are correct there is nothing uglier than the Perry Special Ski Doo. 

B0CBB642-83DF-4B42-B42B-B2A57034025A.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Filing the points in a cold ass garage, installing cold fuel lines that had been dipped in hot coffee, and priming with my Dad's old primer (small Isopropyl bottle with hole drilled in the cap).

He set our Elan on fire one day with that bottle.  Lol.  Lots of snow quickly doused the flames.....

Setting Doo’s on fire is a common theme.....a tradition since 58...lol

My dad's 399 was a '71, so figured you were talkin' earlier models.  But the later ones were just as ugly (sorry!).

My mom and my bro rockin' the 70's fashions...... Puzzle was probably conceived that weekend. 

Scott 1.JPG