Retarded Kijiji Ad's

27 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

I saw that and thought the same thing 

I think I paid that back in 91 when I bought the same sled for my wife...Christmas present for her from me....she loved it...two years later I traded it for a brand new 93 Jag Z 440. To this day she says the 93 Z was the nicest sled she has every had....

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

I think I paid that back in 91 when I bought the same sled for my wife...Christmas present for her from me....she loved it...two years later I traded it for a brand new 93 Jag Z 440. To this day she says the 93 Z was the nicest sled she has every had....

The Z is a great looking sled ! 

• Like 1

And they say romance is dead....

18 hours ago, Poncho said:

23 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

I saw that and thought the same thing 

Considering that I got $1100 for my '89 Cheetah Touring, I would say that ad is about half-retarded anyways. 

22 hours ago, Poncho said:

Funny you mention the sled purchase price from back in the day. I was just saying to a co-worker that in 1982 a new Bravo's suggested list price was  $995. In good shape they easily fetch more than that now. I know that it mostly due to our devalued dollar, but I wonder if the same will be true of any new sleds being sold now?

BTW, my buddy bought a Jag Z in '93. They really were great sleds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

Considering that I got $1100 for my '89 Cheetah Touring, I would say that ad is about half-retarded anyways. 

Funny you mention the sled purchase price from back in the day. I was just saying to a co-worker that in 1982 a new Bravo's suggested list price was  $995. In good shape they easily fetch more than that now. I know that it mostly due to our devalued dollar, but I wonder if the same will be true of any new sleds being sold now?

BTW, my buddy bought a Jag Z in '93. They really were great sleds.

I bought her 91 used but the 93 new from Kellys in Brampton.  I don't remember the exact price I paid for the 93.  We traded the 93 for a new 95 ZR440, now that was a trick sled.  Bought the 95 from the dealership in Stoveville, Dick was the owner then.  I think the dealership is gone now. 

6 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Bought the 95 from the dealership in Stoveville, Dick was the owner then.  I think the dealership is gone now. 

That wasn't Van Dykes in stoufville?  Larry was the owner. Was located on Woodbine and stoufville road.  The old shop of Lamberts corvettes

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bladefever said:

That wasn't Van Dykes in stoufville?  Larry was the owner. Was located on Woodbine and stoufville road.  The old shop of Lamberts corvettes

This Arctic place was north of Van Dykes.  I think it was but a guy name Dick Summerville ran it then.  I remember the Corvette place

Edited by Poncho

22 minutes ago, Poncho said:

This Arctic place was north of Van Dykes.  I think it was but a guy name Dick Summerville ran it then.  I remember the Corvette place

Ok. I knew most of the shops in the area...... Especially the Polaris shops..... Where all the " Fast " sleds were sold.  The name sounds familiar. Might have to put the bottle down.... And concentrate...

Wasn't Kriland marine near queensville

19 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Ok. I knew most of the shops in the area...... Especially the Polaris shops..... Where all the " Fast " sleds were sold.  The name sounds familiar. Might have to put the bottle down.... And concentrate...

Wasn't Kriland marine near queensville

Don’t do that...not that important.  Wife can’t remember the name but it was in East Gwillimbury, north of Van Dykes

2 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Don’t do that...not that important.  Wife can’t remember the name but it was in East Gwillimbury, north of Van Dykes

Kriland was in East Gwillimbury. On the Holland river beside the bridge. Bottle was getting light anyways.....

Worked at both places a few...... Decades ago.....

5 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Kriland was in East Gwillimbury. On the Holland river beside the bridge. Bottle was getting light anyways.....

Worked at both places a few...... Decades ago.....

I don’t doubt it......but that name doesn’t ring a bell....  This guy, Dick wasn’t in business long, big guy, older like us...lol, walked with a limp....anyway I will dig up the name eventually.  Cheers

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I don’t doubt it......but that name doesn’t ring a bell....  This guy, Dick wasn’t in business long, big guy, older like us...lol, walked with a limp....anyway I will dig up the name eventually.  Cheers

So if I've got this right, you're telling us that you bought the sled from big, old, limpy Dick? Well the industry was pretty crazy in the 90's..............

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

So if I've got this right, you're telling us that you bought the sled from big, old, limpy Dick? Well the industry was pretty crazy in the 90's..............

Lol...Yep......he said the movie was only available on super 8.....

3 hours ago, bladefever said:

Rode one up in haliburton. 119 on the gun. The guys parents owned a resort near Orillia.

That is the same sled. Eric was the owner - loud, larger than life, an absolute rabid sledhead and Yamaha fan. Before the Avalanche he rode a 540 V-Max with a full-on Bender Formula 3 tune.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete Z said:

That is the same sled. Eric was the owner - loud, larger than life, an absolute rabid sledhead and Yamaha fan. Before the Avalanche he rode a 540 V-Max with a full-on Bender Formula 3 tune.

Small world and that describes him to a T...... He passed some time ago.  Meet him thru Brucester who used to race thru Snowcity. Who later opened his own shop in Orillia. SnowNorth.

4 hours ago, bladefever said:

Small world and that describes him to a T...... He passed some time ago.  Meet him thru Brucester who used to race thru Snowcity. Who later opened his own shop in Orillia. SnowNorth.

Yes - that's Bruce Both. He's still around but the shop in Orillia has long since closed. Eric was a regular fixture at Snow North. He more or less passed away right in the showroom. RIP bud. Taken way too young.