Retarded Kijiji Ad's

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Thinksno said:

So that's what your doing these days up there lol . 

• 2 weeks later...

He must need 3000 dollars to pay off a bill or something , either that or it is his favorite number. Each of those sleds would be lucky to get half of that.

Neither is worth that.  Although I just got $3800 for a mostly original 9500, and had 3 guys dueling over it. 

That MotoSki needs a bit o' polish ..... :)

IMG_1087.JPG

Edited by Puzzleboy
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Neither is worth that.  Although I just got $3800 for a mostly original 9500, and had 3 guys dueling over it. 

IMG_1087.JPG

definitely retarded....

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

IMG_1087.JPG

Vintage sled prices follow real estate in T.O.? You should spend some of those top dollars you got on some new windows.

• Like 1

When a new sled is $18,000 and is worth $12,000 after one season, I think $4,000 for a vintage sled that will only go up in value, makes sense to people.  In adjusted dollars, that's still less than the sled was new.  Probably around $2500 in 1979 dollars, I'm guessing to buy that new.  I feel people have an emotional attachment to old sleds, similar to vintage cars. And rarity enters in too.  Most guys I know with vintage sleds have a current gen rider sled.... nobody is buying vintage for the great handling or suspension. 

What will they do with those new windows, if they tear the house down?  :)

Edited by Puzzleboy

17 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

When a new sled is $18,000 and is worth $12,000 after one season, I think $4,000 for a vintage sled that will only go up in value, makes sense to people.  In adjusted dollars, that's still less than the sled was new.  Probably around $2500 in 1979 dollars, I'm guessing to buy that new. 

What will they do with those new windows, if they tear the house down?  :)

I should clairify all the power to ya get what you can for em, there worth whatever someone is willing to pay and you can easily pour that kind of money into a beater to get it in top shape. Looks like a fine example if looking for a 9500. Is that a 79? Nicer (looking) seat on that one than the later models.

Ah yes the toronto market.. nice house/no house/beater house, still worth 1. Something.:)

Yep, a 1979.  It had the original heat embossed seat, pretty rare in that condition for a nearly 40 year old chunk of vinyl.  A guy offered me $1000 for the seat (I'm guessing they're hard to reproduce).  The 1980 had a more pronounced rear hump, and 1981-1984 had the newer style tank/seat combo. 

Closer to $5000 now to turn a beater sled into top shape. I know a guy doing a 9700 from the ground up.... even split the thing apart.  Figures he'll have $6000 into it.  Work and pro painting on the hood alone, was $700. Not including decals. :)  He's not flipping it, as it will basically be worth what he has into it.  But will be a clean resto, from the looks of it. 

Hood 1.jpg

chassis.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...