Retarded Kijiji Ad's

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/guelph/2010-ski-doo-mxzx-1200-4-tec/1228520902?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I was tempted to email this guy and let him know that I bought the exact same sled (in Renegade version) 6 years ago and paid what he is asking now. And the one I bought had 600 kms on it. And mine let me down in a big way...lol

Edited by Blackstar

18 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

All kidding aside, did it really break down?  I have read of a few 1200 issues (coil, relays), and am curious.  My buddy's was basically DOA from Ski-Doo. 

My 1200? It blew the head gasket and the motor melted down so bad the block was unusable.

7 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

What was the cause? 

"My 1200? It blew the head gasket and the motor melted down so bad the block was unusable."

Captain Obvious says.....the head gasket blew.......obviously a sub-standard engine manufacturer.......

7 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

What was the cause? 

It over heated. Blew the head gasket, oil mixed with the coolant which formed a gel plugging the water pump.

I believe the damage was actually done the previous day to the big melt down while someone else was riding it. It was run down the side of a dry road. The rider told me they had seen the overheat warning come on the gauge. I wasn't too worried since I believed the ecu would shut the engine off if it got too hot to operate. But that's not how it works. The ECU will only shut the engine off if the engine is at idle. If you are on the throttle, it will run until it melts down.

At the end of the previous day, the sled seemed to run fine as I took it to fuel up at a gas station 1 mile a way from where we stayed.

The next day I didn't make it one mile and I noticed the temp gauge coming up. After 5 miles of trying to cool it down I stopped and the sled boiled down like I'd never seen before. Steam poured from every orifice and seam on the block.

I sold it as a chassis. I warned the buyer that it was a massive melt down. He was sure he could save the motor. When they got the block out, it was so warped it could not be machined. Every part of the motor was toast. The sled was dismantled and sold off in parts.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

It over heated. Blew the head gasket, oil mixed with the coolant which formed a gel plugging the water pump.

I believe the damage was actually done the previous day to the big melt down while someone else was riding it. It was run down the side of a dry road. The rider told me they had seen the overheat warning come on the gauge. I wasn't too worried since I believed the ecu would shut the engine off if it got too hot to operate. But that's not how it works. The ECU will only shut the engine off if the engine is at idle. If you are on the throttle, it will run until it melts down.

At the end of the previous day, the sled seemed to run fine as I took it to fuel up at a gas station 1 mile a way from where we stayed.

The next day I didn't make it one mile and I noticed the temp gauge coming up. After 5 miles of trying to cool it down I stopped and the sled boiled down like I'd never seen before. Steam poured from every orifice and seam on the block.

I sold it as a chassis. I warned the buyer that it was a massive melt down. He was sure he could save the motor. When they got the block out, it was so warped it could not be machined. Every part of the motor was toast. The sled was dismantled and sold off in parts.

Thanks for the explanation. I was going to PM you and ask what the root cause was. I remember when it happened, you were at the ride in Gravenhurst. I just bought a 1200 and was wondering.

So, it "let you down"..... even though someone was driving it on dry roads and obviously overheated the hell out of it, and kept riding.  Got it.  :)

I overheated my ETEC years ago (late season hardpack).  Tried cooling it down, tried riding it.... after the third time, went into limp mode.  Dealer had to reset it, and explained to me that it's a self preservation thing. 

1 hour ago, Garth said:

Gees, what's it really worth?

I'd probably go about half what he's asking.

Edited by Blackstar

Yeah I'd say maybe 2k absolute tops if it truly only had a tank of gas through it and was properly preserved. And even then it would take forever to find a buyer. Don't think it'd be even near 4k when it was new??

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

1986 250 citation LS on Kijiji http://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/kawartha-lakes/1986-250-citation-ls/1233207887

Rev seat and windshield cut down for speed ............. Awesome .. 

So instead of 30mph it goes 31mph. Cool. Those are important numbers for someone!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

1986 250 citation LS on Kijiji http://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/kawartha-lakes/1986-250-citation-ls/1233207887

Rev seat and windshield cut down for speed ............. Awesome .. 

Was starting to look interesting until I read no other Mods.... Was hoping for a least a 251 big bore kit with a pipe.....

Still looking.......

• Like 1