And so the Stupidity Begins...

revrnd

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

You know my answer but I will give you what you would say

He created a good environment for growth in Business :lol:  How else do you explain the drop in unemployment.

seems we are back to the point where it was handed to Harper, you know just above 5% unemployment -  These are numbers that are handed to Conservatives as they have never hit these numbers on their own ( go look it up NEVER) 

What good environment?  Businesses start themselves?  Jobs create themselves?:lol:

CBC was in Charlottetown and officials there say the Sir John A statue will stay. One local indigenous organisation said education is the key. The reporter said the CBC had reached out to the Mik'maq Federation but hadn't heard back from them.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/everything-is-offensive-here-are-canadas-other-politically-incorrect-place-names

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-wants-john-a-macdonald-statue-1.4783329

Goldie Ghamari, the PC MPP for the Ottawa-area riding of Carleton, went further to defend Macdonald.

Ghamari said she was "shocked" by Victoria's decision, calling it an attempt to erase part of Canada's history and "political correctness run amok."

On 8/12/2018 at 12:36 PM, revrnd said:

CBC was in Charlottetown and officials there say the Sir John A statue will stay. One local indigenous organisation said education is the key. The reporter said the CBC had reached out to the Mik'maq Federation but hadn't heard back from them.

Doug called and said Ontario will take it - they removed it today until they figure out what to do with it 

Weren't Banting & Best cruel to animals? I seem to recall seeing a picture of them with a dog they were testing insulin on.

The PETA & ALF idgits will want them struck from history too.

49 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Weren't Banting & Best cruel to animals? I seem to recall seeing a picture of them with a dog they were testing insulin on.

The PETA & ALF idgits will want them struck from history too.

Stupid to try and apply today's moral standards to hundreds of years ago.  

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:32 AM, 1trailmaker said:

Doug called and said Ontario will take it - they removed it today until they figure out what to do with it 

and a trucker has volunteered to bring it to Ontario no charge. The same day the statue came down Edmonton dedicated and named a park after the founder of Pakistan

16 minutes ago, 02sled said:

and a trucker has volunteered to bring it to Ontario no charge. The same day the statue came down Edmonton dedicated and named a park after the founder of Pakistan

Little off on some of those facts that's for sure, you follow the bullshit news a little too much

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/316284-muhammad-ali-jinnah-park-opened-in-canadas-winnipeg

4 hours ago, steve6 said:

Little off on some of those facts that's for sure, you follow the bullshit news a little too much

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/316284-muhammad-ali-jinnah-park-opened-in-canadas-winnipeg

What is off... I said Victoria BC took down Sir John A's statue. True of False. I said Edmonton by mistake instead of Winnipeg... oh the horror of my slight error. Did a major Canadian city name a park after the founder of Pakistan? True or False.

In your mind it is right to dismantle Canadian heritage especially commemorating one of the founders of our country and first PM yet celebrate the founder of all places Pakistan.

17 minutes ago, 02sled said:

What is off... I said Victoria BC took down Sir John A's statue. True of False. I said Edmonton by mistake instead of Winnipeg... oh the horror of my slight error. Did a major Canadian city name a park after the founder of Pakistan? True or False.

In your mind it is right to dismantle Canadian heritage especially commemorating one of the founders of our country and first PM yet celebrate the founder of all places Pakistan.

They removed it from the doors of City Hall and will put it up somewhere else - who fucking cares 

The statue should be in PEI or Ottawa if its to celebrate Canada 

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/sir-john-a-macdonald-statue-vandalized-montreal-1.4789571

We don't want to act like Americans, but we are sure prone to copying them...

social media is a beast 

I doubt anyone really gives a shit about the First PM or anyone after that, this will cause more divide for no reason.  

Doug is going get one to make a point - social media goes divided 

Just like trying to name a park after a Crack Mayor how fucking retarded would that be down the road