Why Does Betsy DeVos's Family Yacht Fly a Foreign Flag? Donald Trump's 'America First' Administration

Many here were all over John Kerry for registering his 4 mil yacht where he avoided a large tax bill.

Why Does Betsy DeVos's Family Yacht Fly a Foreign Flag? Donald Trump's 'America First' Administratio

When someone untied a yacht owned by U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos’s family, the episode was portrayed as an example of anti-Trump harassment. But the yacht’s foreign flag illustrated how an allegedly “America First” administration is full of moguls who have stashed their wealth offshore in ways that helps them avoid taxes, regulations, transparency requirements and domestic employment laws. 

We already know that Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao’s family shipping consortium routes its business through the Marshall Islands—a notoriously secretive tax haven. Federal records detail how Trump’s Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, SEC Chairman Jay Clayton and Federal Reserve board appointee Randal Quarles held parts of their personal fortunes in investments based in the Cayman Islands, which are not necessarily required to adhere to America’s domestic financial regulations.

Now there’s DeVos, one of the heirs of Amway’s multi-level marketing empire. When the family’s 164-foot yacht was untethered from a Huron, Ohio, dock, it was flying a flag of the Cayman Islands, where the yacht is registered, according to VesselTracker. According to federal records, the yacht is owned by RDV International Marine, which is an affiliate of the company that controls the DeVos family’s fortune. 

Like those of other Trump officials, DeVos’s investment portfolio includes Cayman holdings. But as a physical vessel, the yacht is something separate and more tangible, raising a question: why would an American billionaire’s floating palace moored at a northern Ohio dock be registered in an exotic Caribbean archipelago? 

https://www.newsweek.com/betsy-devos-cayman-islands-taxes-yacht-flag-foreign-donald-trump-america-1061960?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&utm_medium=Social

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

As was Kerry’s

So what?  Kerry’s issues were much more severe.  Anybody using the loopholes provided to keep the Gub’ments grubby little hands out of their money is A-ok with me.  In fact, if you aren’t, you either cannot or you are an idiot.

But I’m not a raving, whining hypocrite.  SBYL.

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

What I like is, no matter who or what the story is about, they throw Trump in there.  It is irresistible bait for the loons. 

I’ve seen his name thrown in some articles that made me think I accidentally flipped the screen mid read.  It was so left field or such a complete stretch to blame him for something it didn’t even fit.

But, these “journalists” engineer their “news” for the imbeciles like MC.  They don’t even put bait in the hook anymore.  Just spray it with “Trump  for Idiots”.  It’s in the intestinal track before the article is even completed.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve seen his name thrown in some articles that made me think I accidentally flipped the screen mid read.  It was so left field or such a complete stretch to blame him for something it didn’t even fit.

But, these “journalists” engineer their “news” for the imbeciles like MC.  They don’t even put bait in the hook anymore.  Just spray it with “Trump  for Idiots”.  It’s in the intestinal track before the article is even completed.

Isn't that the truth...  :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

What I like is, no matter who or what the story is about, they throw Trump in there.  It is irresistible bait for the loons

:bc:  Exactly why MC brought it over from Dem Underground! 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Sure they do. puts asses in the seats.  They know most dummies won't even read the article, just want to be the first paste it on their favorite  social media site.

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:bc:  Exactly why MC brought it over from Dem Underground! 

Nothing left to do but wait for "dead from the neck up morons to swoop in and....................................POOR DUMPERS!!!!  :groin::lmao::lmao::lol2::lol2::groin:

I used lots of double emojis , me got them good. derp, derp.

• Haha 2

Just now, Cold War said:

Nothing left to do but wait for "dead from the neck up morons to swoop in and....................................POOR DUMPERS!!!!  :groin::lmao::lmao::lol2::lol2::groin:

I used lots of double emojis , me got them good. derp, derp.

MC will come thru with a "Fuck Trump"....Slinger will take in bullshit circles calling everyone else dumb....and the forum Jester will do exactly what you did above ^^^^

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

MC will come thru with a "Fuck Trump"....Slinger will take in bullshit circles calling everyone else dumb....and the forum Jester will do exactly what you did above ^^^^

Tools will be in here with his “spot on” and “MC :owned: the dumpers!”  Bullshit.  Cuz, that’s how he sees things.

”wire to wire”

He’s a young MC with his pants shitting Dunning-Kruger leaking out the sides of his diapers and down his scrawny little legs.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Many here were all over John Kerry for registering his 4 mil yacht where he avoided a large tax bill.

, raising a question: why would an American billionaire’s floating palace moored at a northern Ohio dock be

What did they say when the question was raised to them????

whoops. :lol: 

Betsy Devos is just another elitist that doesn’t give a shit about you clowns or your kids education and she is gaming the system just like horse face Kerry....wake the fuck up.

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It’s OK for Trumps cabinet but not Obama’s......fuckin apologists for Trump make me sick

Did you criticize Kerry at the time?

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Betsy Devos is just another elitist that doesn’t give a shit about you clowns or your kids education and she is gaming the system just like horse face Kerry....wake the fuck up.

yup-  terrible choice

the Devoss families gaming the system,  no different than politicians who line their donors pockets with the laws they push,  cops padding pensions or old people moving assets so they don't have to take care of themselves.  Rich poor or middle class we need to stop these issues that can be identified by anyone with half a brain yet we allow it year after year after year.  Regardless of all the hope and change or making america great or mission accomplished bullshit our presidents throw at us we continue to fail to make the system accountable to the people it is supposed to serve.  

• Like 1

This is fucking outrageous.   Trump should be immediately impeached for hiring her.   I'd fucking done with him....this was the last straw!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111