EPA is now allowing asbestos back into manufacturing

5 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

i don't "know it all" about asbestos, you are correct. what i do know is that nothing good will become of this. you're just too fucking dumb to see it. now go eat a hunk of asbestos and stfu.

Don't want to get involved in your little feud, but obviously you know absolutely nothing about asbestos.....eating a hunk of asbestos won't cause you problems. It needs to be inhaled to create lung problems.....now, carry on.....

:lol:

same old shit as was the case with know-it-all tom. if you work in one part of an industry, you are an expert in all parts and you shouldn't be questioned. forget other experts, other industries, other opinions. tom worked in oil pipe corrosion/inspections so he knew all there was to know about deepwater horizon and other rigs. analer  had some training in asbestos handling, knows some people who haven't been effected by handling it, got some on his pants one time, so screw all the warnings from the medical and environmental experts.  :lmao:

too

fucking

funny

5 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

do you know what really killed the asbestos industry? It wasnt regulation, it was the tort lawyers. They bankrupted them. Had asbestos manufacturers implemented worker protections and PPE when they knew the dust was harmful (like they do for fiberglass, silica, gypsum and other dusts) they could possibly be still making the shit. They put asbestos in millions of homes and buildings and ill bet you dont know of one person who died or got sick from asbestos because it was in their home.

Fuck I removed over a thousand cubic yards of asbestos from buildings and schools this year already.  And I am going to do that for the next ten years most likely. $$$$. Thanks joo lawyers!

no but i had an uncle who died from it after working on navy ships for 30 years.  Miserable way to die.  The settlement the estate got was prettyy hefty so no doubt it was the lawyers who put asbestos out of business jsut like it's the lawyers that will keep it from coming back.  

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

same old shit as was the case with know-it-all tom. if you work in one part of an industry, you are an expert in all parts and you shouldn't be questioned. forget other experts, other industries, other opinions. tom worked in oil pipe corrosion/inspections so he knew all there was to know about deepwater horizon and other rigs. analer  had some training in asbestos handling, knows some people who haven't been effected by handling it, got some on his pants one time, so screw all the warnings from the medical and environmental experts.  :lmao:

too

fucking

funny

Everyone is laughing at you bro. 

3 minutes ago, Skeeter21i said:

Don't want to get involved in your little feud, but obviously you know absolutely nothing about asbestos.....eating a hunk of asbestos won't cause you problems. It needs to be inhaled to create lung problems.....now, carry on.....

well there are several more people here you can eat some with. now, do you know more about this topic than the people in the link below, and others? btw, this wasn't the main point of this argument, but since some of you cannot help showing your ignorance, i will help point it out.

"Asbestos poisoning is the impact that asbestos exposure can have on humans. Its toxicity stems from the fact that the microscopic fibers which make up asbestos in its pure form can have a devastating impact on human health when they are inhaled or ingested. Asbestos fibers are produced by asbestos products that are deteriorating or that have been mangled in some fashion. When asbestos products become worn they become “friable,” which means that they will crumble and release asbestos fibers into the air.

http://www.asbestosnews.com/asbestos/poisoning/

now, carry on...........

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Everyone is laughing at you bro. 

no shits given, especially given the backgrounds. why are you here anyway? you should be working in a medical field or something, proving your asbestos theories 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

no but i had an uncle who died from it after working on navy ships for 30 years.  Miserable way to die.  The settlement the estate got was prettyy hefty so no doubt it was the lawyers who put asbestos out of business jsut like it's the lawyers that will keep it from coming back.  

I know dozens who died from it. It was widely used in construction prior to its ban. And the ban was only for the manufacture, there was still years worth of inventory that was sold and installed well into the early 80's. But these were guys who installed asbestos building products everyday, usually with a cigarette hanging out of their mouths. Just being around asbestos does not pose a health risk. 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

I know dozens who died from it. It was widely used in construction prior to its ban. And the ban was only for the manufacture, there was still years worth of inventory that was sold and installed well into the early 80's. But these were guys who installed asbestos building products everyday, usually with a cigarette hanging out of their mouths. Just being around asbestos does not pose a health risk. 

stop, just stop

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

well there are several more people here you can eat some with. now, do you know more about this topic than the people in the link below, and others? btw, this wasn't the main point of this argument, but since some of you cannot help showing your ignorance, i will help point it out.

"Asbestos poisoning is the impact that asbestos exposure can have on humans. Its toxicity stems from the fact that the microscopic fibers which make up asbestos in its pure form can have a devastating impact on human health when they are inhaled or ingested. Asbestos fibers are produced by asbestos products that are deteriorating or that have been mangled in some fashion. When asbestos products become worn they become “friable,” which means that they will crumble and release asbestos fibers into the air.

http://www.asbestosnews.com/asbestos/poisoning/

now, carry on...........

Asbestos can cause cancer from ingestion but I have never heard of any cases first hand. In fact some of the old heat and frost insulators used to eat it. The asbestos pipe insulation was made with magnesium silicate so some guys ate it if they had an upset stomach. But they all died from lung cancer, not stomach cancer. 

Asbestos can cause cancer from ingestion but I have never heard of any cases first hand. In fact some of the old heat and frost insulators used to eat it. The asbestos pipe insulation was made with magnesium silicate so some guys ate it if they had an upset stomach. But they all died from lung cancer, not stomach cancer. 

so because you never heard of it first hand, means it's BS. you should apologize to all the fools who followed you blindly in this argument. you'd think they'd have learned by now, but no. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

stop, just stop

If your house was built before 1980 you most likely have some form of asbestos in it. That goes for all buildings. You are around it everyday most likely. Yet you are not dead. 

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Spot on.....It goes back Manville I think. It has put many a good company OOB. 

Same with brake shoes and pads......years ago I got a phone call from a distressed inventory reseller offering to sell me trailer loads of brake pads for pennies on the dollar. Yup it was all asbestos linings. Not interested was the reply....

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think the rules still allow for Asbestos flooring tiles to be left in place rather than removing them and stirring up particles by breaking them up.

In some states you can remove asbestos floor tiles and throw them right in the garbage. Non-friable asbestos materials (like floor tile) are not regulated by the EPA. :news: 

Some states and local governments do regulate it tho. Illinois regulates all asbestos. 

Also there are no laws requiring you to remove asbestos. Just to maintain it. 

Edited by Nazipigdog

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

btw racer, did you find any asbestos yet, ya little coward? 

Dude, you're pathetic.  Just admit that you don't know shit about this subject and were only angered because the media told you trump was somehow involved. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

In some states you can remove asbestos floor tiles and throw them right in the garbage. Non-friable asbestos materials (like floor tile) are not regulated by the EPA. :news: 

Some states and local governments do regulate it tho. Illinois regulates all asbestos. 

Sounds profitable.

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Sounds profitable.

It used to be, not so much anymore. The big money was made in the 80's and 90's. Its pretty competitive now, especially around here. 

Just now, racer254 said:

Dude, you're pathetic.  Just admit that you don't know shit about this subject and were only angered because the media told you trump was somehow involved. 

but i do. there's all kinds of information out there. 

don't be all butt hurt because you don't, and blindly follow people around. now, about that asbestos.....

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

but i do. there's all kinds of information out there. 

don't be all butt hurt because you don't, and blindly follow people around. now, about that asbestos.....

Good thing for you Al Gore invented the internet:whistle::bc:

6 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

Spot on.....It goes back Manville I think. It has put many a good company OOB. 

Same with brake shoes and pads......years ago I got a phone call from a distressed inventory reseller offering to sell me trailer loads of brake pads for pennies on the dollar. Yup it was all asbestos linings. Not interested was the reply....

tell me why you made the comment you did awhile back, about getting my ass handed to me. seems you are essentially agreeing with me now, more than analer. can you not see that? need me to point it out more?

14 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Thats correct if it has not been disturbed.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

i knew about the dangers of asbestos years ago, and not all from the internets....

Most everything you have posted is bullshit, so what did you really know? 

let's recap, for bob.

i say asbestos is dangerous and we should not be allowing businesses to use it.

analer says it''s mostly nonsense, it's basically safe to eat, and handle, and not toxic. he doesn't know anyone who ever got cancer from it

bob then says slinger got his ass handed to him

bob then agrees that asbestos is dangerous, like slinger said originally

you cannot make this shit up...

Edited by Snoslinger