2019 BRP Oxygen Helmet

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

For the $ , I would go with bell at least it has snell and dot ratings. 

Never seen a helmet that could keep those slide down visors fog free.   I'd consider one if this helmet actually could.  Not a fan of modular's.  

Edited by Highmark

36 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Never seen a helmet that could keep those slide down visors fog free.   I'd consider one if this helmet actually could.  Not a fan of modular's.  

zero issue with the doo BVS2 drop down visor,  my hjc on the other hand was a toilet and you'd drop the visor and it would be solid ice.  i use that on my MC where the visors actually useful now.  

41 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My BV2s is getting long in the tooth, gonna check one of these out.

Cudney has one...i dont know if you follow him on the book or not...but he will be reviewing his this winter.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Love my mod 3. Never once fogged up.  You get used to the mask, I've had the modular since they came out.  Had versions 1, 2 and now 3. 

I bought a mod 3 last year. I thought it was a cheap POS. And it wasn't "cheap". Felt like it could break Everytime I lifted the visor. Returned it after first use. 

8 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Cudney has one...i dont know if you follow him on the book or not...but he will be reviewing his this winter.

one of the guys we ride with has one coming in,  he's always used a bv2 so this will be good test to see how it compares

• Like 1

Ive only ever had 1 helmet my whole life I ever liked. Was a poo helmet and when I needed to replace the shield no one could figure out what the fuck it was. Thing is still sitting on my shelf in the basement.

bought a bv2 when it was real cold one day . hated the thing cant stand shit around my mouth at all . I always have my masks under my lower lip even . I cant even understand how guys can have that nasty wet facemask on there face let alone that rubber mask with a pussy pad stuffed in the thing .

I keep the BV2 in the shed for guests . think it has been used 3 times in as many yrs or more .

some one had a video on JD about I think scott goggles new offering . look pretty sweet deff going to try some out . they are blending the UV ray filters for more definition. I really need that my last 2 bad wrecks were because of flat light . I am getting to old for bad wrecks   

Edited by Ez ryder

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

bought a bv2 when it was real cold one day . hated the thing cant stand shit around my mouth at all . I always have my masks under my lower lip even . I cant even understand how guys can have that nasty wet facemask on there face let alone that rubber mask with a pussy pad stuffed in the thing .

I keep the BV2 in the shed for guests . think it has been used 3 times in as many yrs or more .

i thought i would have that issue.  i never did i loved it.  i don't run the pad in it 

Those fricken pads! My buddy had a one and every time we stopped he was always fucking with it. If he didn't have a spare he was drying it out while we ate on a pile of napkins :puke:

He called them his douche pads :lol:

55 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i thought i would have that issue.  i never did i loved it.  i don't run the pad in it 

I never run the pad either...did have the chute freeze up on trip back from flin flon one time. Was very cold.

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Those fricken pads! My buddy had a one and every time we stopped he was always fucking with it. If he didn't have a spare he was drying it out while we ate on a pile of napkins :puke:

He called them his douche pads :lol:

Sounds like the people I ride with that have the BRP helmets.  Other then that, they swear by them though.  

14 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Sounds like the people I ride with that have the BRP helmets.  Other then that, they swear by them though.  

I've always been too cheap to buy a BVS2 to try, my Arctic cat txi has been great, but when colder than -10 you need to run a big windshield to deflect the air or parts of your face can freeze. Coldest I ran mine was -30 and had zero fogging. :bc:

6 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

I've always been too cheap to buy a BVS2 to try, my Arctic cat txi has been great, but when colder than -10 you need to run a big windshield to deflect the air or parts of your face can freeze. Coldest I ran mine was -30 and had zero fogging. :bc:

I just utilize duct tape when it is cold.  

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

some one had a video on JD about I think scott goggles new offering . look pretty sweet deff going to try some out . they are blending the UV ray filters for more definition. I really need that my last 2 bad wrecks were because of flat light . I am getting to old for bad wrecks   

Same here. Every helmet, first thing, rip out the breath box.

I currently have a Nolan Modular with built in communicator but its been discontinued along with any parts. Not sure what I will do when the electric shield takes a shit on it.

This Doo helmet looks interesting.

11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

The BV2 is a warm helmet that doesnt really fog. Lens has great optics. BUT... Its heavy and its hot on warmer days. No vents. 

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

The BV2 is a warm helmet that doesnt really fog. Lens has great optics. BUT... Its heavy and its hot on warmer days. No vents. 

Ive taken out the mouthpiece on rides when its warmed up.

Just now, DAVE said:

Ive taken out the mouthpiece on rides when its warmed up.

Seems like that would fog up big time. I just cracked the visor. I am curious about this new helmet tho. Looks like a great idea.

But none of the helmets I have owned compare in quality to that nook made CKX Titan. At least nooks are good at something. :bc: :lol: