Gotta go on Record with the Subsidies for Farmers

I think it's total bullshit. If tariffs affect the sale of other products than your tariffs aren't working. Giving tax dollars to fix the problem is wrong. Trump is a dipshit on this issue  

Just now, jtssrx said:

No one should get tax dollars to prop them up. It's rediculous 

True to a point, but the government changed the rules in the middle of the game and caused the problem.

• Like 1

• USA Contributing Member

If this is short term and the Chinese and whoever else flinches then I'm ok with it.  If it drags out then the farmers need to figure out something to get through it.  I didn't like how the government propped up GM but it looks like that worked out.

As if farming subsidies were going anywhere anyway.  We’ve been paying farmers to grow shot so they can rot in government sponsored silos for decades.

Not sure why exactly but I don’t follow agriculture...pretty much at all.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Hey he gets props for using your tax dollars to buy me shit!  :bc:

Awesome indeed.

Neal

Unless that money is only used in the crop insurance programs......you know the ones you don't participate in.  :lol:   Now that would be priceless.  

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Unless that money is only used in the crop insurance programs......you know the ones you don't participate in.  :lol:   Now that would be priceless.  

Perhaps you mean ARC/PLC, not crop insurance programs...  Good to know you didn't bother to pay attention though.

:bc:

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Perhaps you mean ARC/PLC, not crop insurance programs...  Good to know you didn't bother to pay attention though.

Neal

Every farmer I know calls them crop insurance.   I hope they increase this years so you don't get shit.  :bc:

2 minutes ago, Turf said:

My brother in law is a large farmer. He said the tarrifs do not bother him a bit. China has to eat and they cannot feed themselves. 

Sounds like he’s got a pretty good grasp on things.  

20 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

A taffif is just a tax

Yes ....a tax aimed at correcting the predatory belligerent behavior of a hostile trade partner. Serving to protect your workforce and industry and economy.

Now go fuck yourself you piece of shit

If we are going to be rational about the subject this isn’t the govt picking winners and losers so much as it is the govt protecting an industry targeted by a foreign govt. If it were the govt randomly giving a subsidy to an industry that was operating in a free trade environment, that would be a different story. I’m ok with this as long as it helps bring China to the table, which after Europe bent the knee, I bet they will.