Side by Side

39 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Getting one this weekend.

Quick Question. I can ride this thing with a helmet on pubic roads? Where allowed?

Yes, if the bylaws allow it.

In Parry Sound we can ride them everywhere, even in town same as any ATV.

17 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

cant ride them in Huntsville but id like to go down the road to a buddies cottage periodically

Had a chat with 2 guys a couple of years ago before SxSs were legal on our roads (OPP were fine as long as you were legal). Sat' I saw 2 women ride thru the village in a new Teryx w/o helmets on.

Next day I saw the same Teryx w/ the guys driving it turn into the grocery store lot. I just told that if they didnt want to get hassled by the cops that they'd best get helmets. They said thanks (no attitude). Probably had just bought it that week by how it looked so clean.

2 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Ya sounds ok. But I hate trailering almost as much as I hate atv's and such. And its a long drive along back roads to Parry Sound.

Same here, the launch point is only about 10 mins from my place.

What are you getting?

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We're waiting till it gets passed by council in lindsay

If its anything like sledding use to be, I wish you guys luck. Happy way belated Birthday George. :bc:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I understood that was a trial run for a year ,, did they decide to make it permanent ??

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Same here, the launch point is only about 10 mins from my place.

What are you getting?

Arctic Cat...…………………………...ugh

29 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its still there until morons ruin it. 

Trail will be there? 

• 4 weeks later...

We drove a friends Polaris RZR 570 last Sat to see if we would like a sxs. It wouldn't be my 1st choice in a machine but it was ok. We compared the #"s btwn the 900 RZR and the Can Am 800 and looks like the 800 might be it. We"re going to look at a Can Am today. I put that 570 thru the paces over some rough shit and the power steering was a bonus

14 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We drove a friends Polaris RZR 570 last Sat to see if we would like a sxs. It wouldn't be my 1st choice in a machine but it was ok. We compared the #"s btwn the 900 RZR and the Can Am 800 and looks like the 800 might be it. We"re going to look at a Can Am today. I put that 570 thru the paces over some rough shit and the power steering was a bonus

If I ever get another ATV, Power steering will also be a requirement. Like all things new, when Yamaha first came out with them a lot of people scoffed but if you have ever driven both, you quickly realize how sweet it is.

Good luck with your search, George. 

27 minutes ago, irv said:

If I ever get another ATV, Power steering will also be a requirement. Like all things new, when Yamaha first came out with them a lot of people scoffed but if you have ever driven both, you quickly realize how sweet it is.

Thanks Dale! We"ve been thinking sxs as we get older lol. Might go with a 1000cc depending on the price lol. Our friends just bought 2 900 Rzr"s. Guess they wanted one each

4 hours ago, irv said:

One of ours has ps and the other two do not.  Don't really see a need for one yet.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

One of ours has ps and the other two do not.  Don't really see a need for one yet.

I haven't seen why you'd need it on a mid-size UTV like mine. I did ride a friend's Yammi quad that had it & switched between on & off. Riding E107 in the Jack's Lake area (a fairly rough/hard surface trail). 

I could notice the steering was easier (mind it's a handlebar vs steering wheel set up) when using the PS.