Late weekend thread

I was on vacation Wednesday thru Friday and then busy on Friday night and Saturday with family. 

What did everyone do this weekend? 

I was on a golf trip in the later part of the week. Details in the next post. :bc:

• Like 1

Got back from my golf trip last night. Hell of a good time with a great group of guys. 72 holes of golf. Two rounds on the Dunes course and two on the Pines Course. 

Plenty of drinks and Cigars were had as well as fantastic food. The Prairie Club really does it right. It's first class service with the rural Nebraska charm. Cell phones are worthless on the course because there's no service, which is fine by me.

They have a gentlemen by the name of Tom Denham who is from Edinburgh, Scotland. Tom is 72 years old and has been playing the bagpipes at the Prairie Club for the last 9 years. This is his last year. Here's a video of Tom playing on Wednesday night. 

Tom was a very pleasant guy to talk to. We spent about a half hour talking about The Prairie Club, Scotland, the Open Championship and golf in general. Tom is an accomplished golfer with a low handicap.

On the golf course, my driver was hurting me like usual but when I had it together I was able to put up some really good scores. I had 4 birdies in the morning round on the first day. My lag putting in that round was the best it has ever been which was pretty important on greens that average 14,000 sq ft.  Course was 6981 yards and 72.6/127 rating. I shot 81.

The Dunes course is a masterpiece of golf architecture designed by Tom Lehman. You will use every club in the bag. The Fairways and greens are massive but the slopes and bunkers as well as the speed of the greens makes for a tough test. 

The Pines Course runs along a canyon and obviously has more trees, given the name. It's more demanding off the tee but is much less impressive from an architecture standpoint than the Dunes. I have never seen a course with a better variety of holes than the Dunes. People are pretty split though on which course is better. 

Another great thing about the place is that it doesn't get alot of play since it's in such a rural area and it's a first class resort. Tee times are 10 minutes apart and you feel like you have the entire place to yourself. 

Its 236 miles from my door and we'll worth the visit. This was the second time for me. Hoping to go back every year in the future. 

:bc:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I tried golf when I was younger ... couldn't get into it. I figure, if it can't kill you ,then it's not a sport :lol:

You didnt do it right then!

I felt like death after the 19th hole plenty of times.

:)

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

You didnt do it right then!

I felt like death after the 19th hole plenty of times.

:)

Yeah.. I gave up after 10 holes. Then tried it again ..same results lol. Like Mr Sulu would say....."I can't do it"

14 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I tried golf when I was younger ... couldn't get into it. I figure, if it can't kill you ,then it's not a sport :lol:

Golf with enough people and you'll have a round where you feel like you might die. Whether it's because they're slower than fuck or they almost hit you in the head with a shanked iron. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Sheep shit, no kid having ass gets to do all the cool stuff,..where is p550 with his mag lite when you need him

:lol: :bc:

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

Golf with enough people and you'll have a round where you feel like you might die. Whether it's because they're slower than fuck or they almost hit you in the head with a shanked iron. :lol:

:lol: :bc:

:lol:

I've made some solid business relationships on the golf course. That alone would be a good reason to keep playing but even more importantly I've made some personal relationships on the course and I love the game. 

• Like 1