Retard at the boat ramp

4 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

she does a few more zig zags than I do, but she if very good at it.

I took the boat and wife took the truck / trailer to meet me at the landing a couple years ago.  I was waiting when she pulled in.  Wasnt busy so I said, back it in.  She looked at me like :wtf: I laughed and said get straight, take ur time and after 2 resets she had it perfect.  Was a cool feeling.  :bc: 

Now is is kickass when solo....

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Well, the price of those trolling motors equals a raped ass. :lmao:

I had no idea, not a fisherman but looked it up real quick. Does seem expensive although still real handy at times and nice to have a remote controlled boat I guess. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I had no idea, not a fisherman but looked it up real quick. Does seem expensive although still real handy at times and nice to have a remote controlled boat I guess. :lol: 

YS and I used our neighbors 21' triton with one a couple weeks ago.  Fob, full remote or set it and forget it.... it will track the path you set.  Pretty sweet for sure. 

2 minutes ago, jammin said:

YS and I used our neighbors 21' triton with one a couple weeks ago.  Fob, full remote or set it and forget it.... it will track the path you set.  Pretty sweet for sure. 

I'd love to get my dad one but not sure he's techy enough to use it to it's full potential 

13 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I'd love to get my dad one but not sure he's techy enough to use it to it's full potential 

If this helps..... I had no clue WTF to do (at 53)  but Drew did within 20 seconds :lol: 

I have a new Ulterra and just sold my Terrova which was also remote controlled just not auto Deploy & Stow, the Ulterra is much more complicated to use though, just took awhile to learn it.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Stab Anchors, no longer needed though with an Ulterra.

what are they for, i did google it, but just bolts came up..lol

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Stab Anchors, no longer needed though with an Ulterra.

Power poles?  They have a place for tourny fishers for sure.  Windy day, battery issues etc.  I'd like a set or one on a BB for sure with the Ulterra   :bc: 

• Like 1

Just now, jammin said:

Drop them and they will hold the boat in place.  Assuming its "drop depth" -  

gotcha, always wondered, I thought it was something for like towing a wake boarder or tube to keep rope from going in prop

Edited by Rigid1

1 hour ago, jammin said:

I took the boat and wife took the truck / trailer to meet me at the landing a couple years ago.  I was waiting when she pulled in.  Wasnt busy so I said, back it in.  She looked at me like :wtf: I laughed and said get straight, take ur time and after 2 resets she had it perfect.  Was a cool feeling.  :bc: 

Now that is slick as hell!

1 hour ago, jammin said:

So much easier when ya not doing both alone. My gets pissed if the ramp dosnt have a dock.

The Terrova does similar but doesn't auto Deploy/Stow, I sold mine for $600, was 3 years old. +/- $2,600 for the Ulterra, if anyone gets an Ulterra get the I-Pilot Link model to use with a corresponding Hummingbird 9 or larger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jammin said:

that's pretty cool but knowing my luck the remote batteries would be dead

• Haha 1