Retard at the boat ramp

:lol:

Real life is actually much funnier.  My dad taught me at a young age to spend some time sitting and watching the boat ramps from the water.  It's educating on what NOT to be in this world.  Also, it's some of the funniest shit anyone can witness.  Saturday mornings......   :lmao:

Shit show.

3 hours ago, Zamjabronie said:

:lol:

Real life is actually much funnier.  My dad taught me at a young age to spend some time sitting and watching the boat ramps from the water.  It's educating on what NOT to be in this world.  Also, it's some of the funniest shit anyone can witness.  Saturday mornings......   :lmao:

Shit show.

amen. I could spend a day watching the action. what I find really funny is watching grown men fuck something up, and then start yelling at the wife like it was her fault. :lol:

• Haha 1

ive often thought about volunteering at our local boat launch a few weekends. tell people wtf to do and when. I see all kinds of ignorant shit. like a family coming in off the water. instead of pulling the boat to the side of the dock, out of the way of people launching, they'll park right in a drop off zone. so people waiting in line to launch can't do shit. then they have to wait for the guy to walk up to the parking lot, get his truck, go around the line of traffic to unclog the jam.

then there are other clowns who see the parking lot is about full, and some of the occupants waiting in line, hop out and save the spot, before their boat is even launched. so then the people in front of them in line launch their boat, go to park, and they have no spot because some dipshit is literally standing in the spot reserving it. I damn near got into a fist fight when this happened to me, but my wife stepped in and stopped it. she then had to drive the trailer down the lake to another parking lot, and I picked her up in the boat which had already been put in the water.

Yeah the boat ramp on the CT river up near Hartford is classic for scenes like that.  Last time my brother and I launched from there, we had to rescue a guy who didn't know how to swim, but he did manage to flip a jet ski he was trying out, while the owner was flipping out at the launch.  Then another guy was in to his neck, trying to walk his 25 footer to the dock, along with a half dozen guys who obviously never backed a trailer before....

my wife and I often get compliments about how quick we are. coming out, she gets the truck, backs the trailer into the water like a pro. I drive the boat up onto the trailer, she hooks it, hardly any winding it in needed, we leave. under 5 minutes.

Edited by Snoslinger

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

my wife and I often get compliments about how quick we are. coming out, she gets the truck, backs the trailer into the water like a pro. I drive the boat up onto the trailer, she hooks it, hardly any winding it in needed, we leave. under 5 minutes.

Not my wife.:lol:

+/- 18 years ago at the boat ramp down from me a guy put his pickup in park to unhook the boat winch, the ramp is very steep, anyhow the parking pawl broke or? and the pickup went into the lake, floated out about 75 feet and sunk, cost the guy $5,000 to get it out and the DNR fined him a couple 1000 more.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

+/- 18 years ago at the boat ramp down from me a guy put his pickup in park to unhook the boat winch, the ramp is very steep, anyhow the parking pawl broke or? and the pickup went into the lake, floated out about 75 feet and sunk, cost the guy $5,000 to get it out and the DNR fined him a couple 1000 more.

one of my worst fears. especially knowing the emergency brake isn't that great, and the tranny is old.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I can get the girlfriend to back down the ramp with the pontoon boat trailer but not the sea doo trailer. She jack knifes that thing so fast 

21 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Out fucking standing!

19 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

amen. I could spend a day watching the action. what I find really funny is watching grown men fuck something up, and then start yelling at the wife like it was her fault. :lol:

I used to have to catch myself laughing too loud when I used to take my pups and head out on the lake.  I'd just sit in this big cove with a boat ramp and have a few cold ones while taking turns swimming with the dogs.  It was a three lane ramp.  Those are where the real magic happens!  :lol:

24 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I get a good belly laugh at that every time

1 minute ago, Zamjabronie said:

Out fucking standing!

I used to have to catch myself laughing too loud when I used to take my pups and head out on the lake.  I'd just sit in this big cove with a boat ramp and have a few cold ones while taking turns swimming with the dogs.  It was a three lane ramp.  Those are where the real magic happens!  :lol:

I love watching FIBs at the ramp. Some stupid ass Escalade and a 28’ Sea-ray always guarantees that fucker is taking 35 minutes to get his shit together and put the way, while 10 bass boats are screaming at him to move the fuck on. 

3 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

one of my worst fears. especially knowing the emergency brake isn't that great, and the tranny is old.

I carry a 4X4 in the back of the truck and will use it if the ramp is steep.

Ramps always good for laughs,  personally  i would prefer to back up my old 24' boat on a double axle trailer over any other trailer i have ever owned.  could put that fucker anyplace.  worse is short trailers like a clam shell or a small utility because small movements become exaggerated where a long trailer you can be smooth with. 

I've taught my son how to backup the utility trailer in case he ever wants to in the future,  short trailer behind a short whellbase makes it interesting but he's gotten pretty decent.  He backed it down my driveway the other day which is weird to do because of the arc and was almost perfect.