Trump: A profile in cowardice

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

Do you believe Assad used gas on his own people after Obama put his theoretical line in the sand?

Start a topic on that subject and we will discuss that.

So what's  up with Trump's beta behavior when he is face to face with people that he has previously bashed when they are not in the room?

Also why did he go super beta when he was on the stage with Vlad?

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Start a topic on that subject and we will discuss that.

So what's  up with Trump's beta behavior when he is face to face with people that he has previously bashed when they are not in the room?

Also why did he go super beta when he was on the stage with Vlad?

Time will tell.  I think any POTUS deserves a bit of time to make things work.  There are rumor's floating around conservative circles that it was because Putin has agreed to stop support of the Mullah's in Iran in hopes that real change may occur there.  Also some possible concessions regarding Syria.   There is no way this would be released to the media but be done behind the scenes.   Again time will tell.  Obama was allowed the benefit of a doubt on the reset button that ended in a debacle.  

I think you have to look at the whole picture here when it comes to the intell community.   For argument sake lets say the whole dossier thing is untrue.   Its reasonable to say that there is at least some appearance of the FBI/IC being part of it.  After all Steele was on their payroll and the FBI sent people to England to meet with him.   The divide there will be pretty rough to just push aside considering what was all in it.   For God's sake they said he had hookers piss on him and the bed.   If that's untrue its unforgivable.   Also its a fine line between verbally reprimanding Russia on campaign meddling and actually de-legitimizing your own Presidency.   No POTUS would give the opposition that ammunition.   I don't think Trump doesn't admit there was some effort inside Russia to meddle.   I think he is just realistic to its impact and questions the really important part the DNC/Podesta emails.   He is spot on regarding the DNC evidence.   You have to admit Vince its quite suspicious why the hardware wasn't turned over and after all the emails to wiki is the biggest issue of all the so called meddling.  Its also quite suspicious why the FBI never subpoenaed the DNC.   I mean isn't this national security?   

Not sure what it would have accomplished trying to embarrass Putin on the world stage.   Don't think that would have gotten anywhere.   I think Trump could have handled it better by saying the meddling issue is continues being discussed.   He also should have stated the sanctions and kicking out of diplomats under his term.  

Edited by Highmark