Democrats call for Trump's interpreter in Putin meeting to testify before Congress

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

All dems had to do to win the midterms was not be stupid and they just can't pull it off.  :lol:

I believe I read that it is common for a new party POTUS to his lose he first mid term majorities.  I’d like to go back and research it.

Either way, I’m truly not sure I see it in the cards for the Dems.  

6 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

I believe I read that it is common for a new party POTUS to his lose he first mid term majorities.  I’d like to go back and research it.

It’s true that’s common but Bush II kept his first term majority I think.  Pretty sure Don T will do the same.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

A small part of me almost wants the dems to get a small majority in the house and bring Trump up for impeachment.   1. It would backfire massively.  2.  It would guarantee Trump would run in 2020 and win and would also take back the house.   Got to keep the eye on the ball here.   The WH and Senate are the most important things here cause no way Ginsburg makes it thru another term.   Put another conservative on the court and Trump effectively puts his fingerprint on things for 30+ years.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

It’s true that’s common but Bush II kept his first term majority I think.  Pretty sure Don T will do the same.

I think the Dems were going to be set for an uphill battle this year anyway with their seat vulnerability.

Anlar ( @Nazipigdog ) was the first to say it I seriously I believe, Dems are just going to focus on 2024.  

It’s pretty clear they just need to try and hold their base, ride this out and come up with some leadership and a message during the next six years.  Looking at what they are doing now, I tend to believe that may indeed be true.  Sad.

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

A small part of me almost wants the dems to get a small majority in the house and bring Trump up for impeachment.   1. It would backfire massively.  2.  It would guarantee Trump would run in 2020 and win and would also take back the house.   Got to keep the eye on the ball here.   The WH and Senate are the most important things here cause no way Ginsburg makes it thru another term.   Put another conservative on the court and Trump effectively puts his fingerprint on things for 30+ years.  

Either way, mid term results will show exactly where we are heading.  It’s going to be interesting I think.

Was it you that stated that Trumps first term has already determined the path of this country for decades to come?  It was an epic statement.  It’s very true.  We should all be watching and learning from this.  

25 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That would just be a distraction and accomplish nothing. We are $21 trillion in debt and climbing, time to stop focusing on stupid shit that doesnt mean anything. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

That would just be a distraction and accomplish nothing. We are $21 trillion in debt and climbing, time to stop focusing on stupid shit that doesnt mean anything. 

no shit Trump continues to bankrupt this country and the rights cheering about his justices, SMH

53 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

I think the Dems were going to be set for an uphill battle this year anyway with their seat vulnerability.

Anlar ( @Nazipigdog ) was the first to say it I seriously I believe, Dems are just going to focus on 2024.  

It’s pretty clear they just need to try and hold their base, ride this out and come up with some leadership and a message during the next six years.  Looking at what they are doing now, I tend to believe that may indeed be true.  Sad.

At first I thought it sad too, but if they pick up a bunch of seats and then the inevitable recession happens, then the right wing pundits will go "look at what those dems did!!!".  Everybody on here will of course recognize that these things are cyclical and inevitable regardless of party, but the masses, doubtful. 

Edited by XC.Morrison