850 Polaris Crank Bearing issue

So there are some Rumors going around there may be crank bearing issues with 850 Polaris. I ordered one and now I'm regretting it. I always say no first-year shit and I've done it three times now this would be number four

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

So there are some Rumors going around there may be crank bearing issues with 850 Polaris. I ordered one and now I'm regretting it. I always say no first-year shit and I've done it three times now this would be number four

Then you dont always say no to first year shit.  :bc:

Edited by Kivalo
  • Haha 1

given polaris history of recent  big bore motor releases not sure why one would have ordered on.  900, 755, CFI 800 all nightmares.  I'd like to try a polaris for a season but it would be an axys chassis 800 that i will try.  

14 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I would never trust a Polaris engine 

Trusting a Polaris 800 is like trusting a fart after you've eaten a gas station burrito. You might be alright, but there's a good chance things are gonna get messy... :snack:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sure glad I got out of that thankless sport. Warm winters, 500 miles hunts for snow, blown crank bearings on brand new motors....fucked up. Spend $13,000 to use something 4 times a year. 

I remember the days of riding from my house to the keewenaw peninsula. $4500 new sleds. Rock solid dependability. Those days are long gone  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Trusting a Polaris 800 is like trusting a fart after you've eaten a gas station burrito. You might be alright, but there's a good chance things are gonna get messy... :snack:

:lol: Cuz it's true!

Seriously though, JT...relax.  It hasn't hit the snow yet.  Good chance yours will be fine.  

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Sure glad I got out of that thankless sport. Warm winters, 500 miles hunts for snow, blown crank bearings on brand new motors....fucked up. Spend $13,000 to use something 4 times a year. 

I remember the days of riding from my house to the keewenaw peninsula. $4500 new sleds. Rock solid dependability. Those days are long gone  

I have hunted snow once in the last 15 years. Usually I just go to the cabin. :lol: 

Almost 3k on my skidoo and I haven’t even changed the belt yet. Oh, and it was 10 and some change OTD. Leftovers are cheap and plentiful - You don’t need to spend that much.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Zamjabronie said:

:lol: Cuz it's true!

Seriously though, JT...relax.  It hasn't hit the snow yet.  Good chance yours will be fine.  

600's never take crank bearings out.   The hamster's can't spin the wheel fast enough.  :lol:    I've got some new fuel for you to try.  :poke:

download (20).jpg

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

I have hunted snow once in the last 15 years. Usually I just go to the cabin. :lol: 

Almost 3k on my skidoo and I haven’t even changed the belt yet. Oh, and it was 10 and some change OTD. Leftovers are cheap and plentiful - You don’t need to spend that much.

I was just kidding....sort of. :lol: 

leaving sledding for me was more like been there, done that, got the T-shirt. I’m like that with most things. Variety makes life a much finer place. 

Just now, Highmark said:

600's never take crank bearings out.   The hamster's can't spin the wheel fast enough.  :lol:    I've got some new fuel for you to try.  :poke:

download (20).jpg

LOLOL! 

Have you thanked Arctic Cat for your sled today?  Do it now please.  :lmao:

Just now, Zamjabronie said:

LOLOL! 

Have you thanked Arctic Cat for your sled today?  Do it now please.  :lmao:

I got nothing against Cats.   I got 3 of them.   Its all the 600's I like to pick on.  :lol: 

"But dad I'm quick from corner to corner."   

Pats son on head.   "Sure you are son, isn't it past your bedtime?   Run along so the adults can play."   

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I got nothing against Cats.   I got 3 of them.   Its all the 600's I like to pick on.  :lol: 

"But dad I'm quick from corner to corner."   

Pats son on head.   "Sure you are son, isn't it past your bedtime?   Run along so the adults can play."   

The correct tool for the job.  I won't be able to keep up with you on the lake, stream, field or other lameness.  I know all you turbo guys think you'll hang with us in the rough twisties.  It's ok.  It comes with the "turbo-tard" label.  

Oh...not that I couldn't beat your asses with a 380 on my trails but, my SXer is set up to issue embarrassment to you folk in the woods!

Related image

5 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

The correct tool for the job.  I won't be able to keep up with you on the lake, stream, field or other lameness.  I know all you turbo guys think you'll hang with us in the rough twisties.  It's ok.  It comes with the "turbo-tard" label.  

Oh...not that I couldn't beat your asses with a 380 on my trails but, my SXer is set up to issue embarrassment to you folk in the woods!

Related image

Um okay that video is a bit weird but hey whatever floats your boat.  :lol:  

I have no problem keeping up or beating the 2 strokes on the trails even the twisty's.  Reality is you just got to know how to drive them.   When that weight gets planted up front they corner extremely well when set up correctly.   We can be going crazy hard and on the turbo it seems like just a simply Sunday joy ride.   In a way they are boring that way.  I love the look I get from the 2 stroke guys when the pull up to a stop sign and I'm kissing their bumper.  :lol:  Also love waiting for them when I'm leading.  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Um okay that video is a bit weird but hey whatever floats your boat.  :lol:  

I have no problem keeping up or beating the 2 strokes on the trails even the twisty's.  Reality is you just got to know how to drive them.   When that weight gets planted up front they corner extremely well when set up correctly.   We can be going crazy hard and on the turbo it seems like just a simply Sunday joy ride.   In a way they are boring that way.  I love the look I get from the 2 stroke guys when the pull up to a stop sign and I'm kissing their bumper.  :lol:  Also love waiting for them when I'm leading.  

Not sure about the video either but thought it was funny.  I was looking for a Deliverance gif for something else and decided....eh..whatev.

If you can keep up with us on any sled...hat's off.  But a big Turbie?  I don't know what my reaction might be.  Never had one before.  But, Turbies don't frequent my trails....the ones that do just let us pass.  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

Not sure about the video either but thought it was funny.  I was looking for a Deliverance gif for something else and decided....eh..whatev.

If you can keep up with us on any sled...hat's off.  But a big Turbie?  I don't know what my reaction might be.  Never had one before.  But, Turbies don't frequent my trails....the ones that do just let us pass.  :dunno:

Not everyone has the same rider abilities.   I've been riding since I was about 7 so 40 years now.  We could have different description of tight and twisty.   

Reality is sled set up and knowing how to drive them are as important as anything.   With the Turbo's you need to come in fairly hard and roll thru with a low power and come out of the corner without always getting 100% into it.   They accelerate so ridiculously fast you just end up braking too much or causing yourself to push, even when set up right.  Throttle control is more important on them then the 800's in my book.    Lots of long studs and carbides help keep it where its pointed.  

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not everyone has the same rider abilities.   I've been riding since I was about 7 so 40 years now.  We could have different description of tight and twisty.   

Reality is sled set up and knowing how to drive them are as important as anything.   With the Turbo's you need to come in fairly hard and roll thru with a low power and come out of the corner without always getting 100% into it.   They accelerate so ridiculously fast you just end up braking too much or causing yourself to push, even when set up right.  Throttle control is more important on them then the 800's in my book.    Lots of long studs and carbides help keep it where its pointed.  

On the bold:  It's the correction time needed that hurts.

I always assume equivalent skills when "jawing" .We aren't racing by remote control.

There's a reason 600 don't get dragged much.  There's also a reason XC and SX don't use 1100's.  I set my 800 up like a beefed up SX sled with stupid clutching and all the suspension.  It was fun...for a bit, but a monster to wrestle.  Too hard to control where I ride.  I'm quicker on my six.

One of the guys we ride with occasionally is a retired engineer from AC who still does work for them so, he get's all the newest shit to play with ahead of time.  He's a turbo guy and has been riding for 40 years also.  The man knows his suspension and a sled from tip to tail.  He can run good for a couple of miles but every corner or every chop sets him back.  He admits it's the wrong sled for it...but when we get to the lake (he requires it), holy fucking shit.  Not only can he work motors but his suspension tuning is set to run 100mph like he was on a cloud.  Impressive.

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Inaccurate and miserable, good post

12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

You just need an old sled with triple pipes 

• Like 2