Lies from the Intelligence Community.

• Platinum Contributing Member

:pc:

Of course these are the times we know about and even then plenty was left out.  For example Iraq WMD's.     

10 times the intel community violated the trust of US citizens, lawmakers and allies

Telecom takeover

Joe Nacchio, CEO of telecom giant Qwest, said that after he refused to spy on his customers for the National Security Agency (NSA) without a warrant in February of 2001, the government retaliated by yanking a contract worth hundreds of millions of dollars and filing an insider trading case against him. He went to prison. The government denied charges of retaliation.

Olympic spying

In 2002, the NSA reportedly engaged in “blanket surveillance” of the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah, collecting and storing “virtually all electronic communications going into or out of the Salt Lake City area, including … emails and text messages” to “experiment with and fine tune a new scale of mass surveillance.” NSA officials had denied such a program existed.

Spying on Congress

In 2005 intel officials intercepted and recorded phone conversations between then-Congresswoman Jane Harman (D-Calif.)  and pro-Israel lobbyists who were under investigation for espionage. In 2009, someone — exactly who was never revealed — leaked Harman’s “unmasked” name to the press. In 2011, intel officials captured private communications between then-Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) and a Libyan official. The wiretapped recordings were later leaked to the press — again, by unknown sources.

Journalist "witch hunts"

Internal emails from a “global intelligence company” executive in 2010 stated: “Brennan is behind the witch hunts of investigative journalists learning information from inside the beltway sources. Note -- There is specific tasker from the [White House] to go after anyone printing materials negative to the Obama agenda (oh my.) Even the FBI is shocked.” The name “Brennan” appears to reference then-U.S. homeland security adviser John Brennan, who went on to become CIA director.

Misleading on mass spying

On March 12, 2013, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told Congress that intel officials were not collecting mass data on tens of millions of Americans. NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden soon revealed material that proved Clapper’s testimony false: The government had been gathering and storing data from ordinary Americans’ phone records, email and Internet use.

More spying on Congress

CIA officials improperly accessed Senate Intelligence Committee computers, according to an Inspector General report in July 2014, contradicting denials by then-CIA Director Brennan. Meantime, Obama intel officials secretly captured communications of a half-dozen members of Congress and organizations in the U.S. while wiretapping Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

NSA privacy violations

In fall 2016, the government confessed to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court “significant non-compliance” of crucial procedures designed to protect privacy rights of U.S. citizens. The judge accused the NSA of “institutional ‘lack of candor’” and declared: “This is a very serious Fourth Amendment issue.”

Intel mutiny?

Government requests to see or “unmask” names of Americans whose communications are “incidentally” captured during national security surveillance are supposed to be rare and justified. Yet Obama administration officials made them on a near-daily basis during the 2016 election year. U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice admitted under pressure that she “unmasked” senior Trump transition officials who met with a foreign official under surveillance at Trump Tower. In early 2017, the CIA, NSA and FBI refused congressional requests to provide a list of unmasking requests made by Obama officials. Meantime, the FBI also stonewalled Congress about the opposition research “dossier” against Trump that the FBI obtained during the campaign.

Politically motivated press leak

In May 2017, former FBI Director James Comey secretly orchestrated a “leak” to The New York Times of negative memos he said he wrote contemporaneously about President Trump, with the motive of spurring the appointment of a special counsel to investigate the president’s alleged Russia ties. Special counsel Robert Mueller (who has served under Presidents Reagan, Clinton, Obama and both Bushes) was appointed a short time later.

Conflicted investigators

One purpose of special counsel investigations, such as the Russia investigation being led by former FBI Director Mueller, is to avoid the appearance of conflicts of interest. But multiple investigators working on Mueller’s team have been removed after being caught in compromising positions. They include FBI agent Peter Strzok who sent a questionable text message to a fellow agent with whom he was having an affair. The message talks about needing an “insurance policy” in case Donald Trump were elected president.

Think all this really doesn’t matter to you, as a private citizen? You never know. Reality hit home for me when multiple computer forensics reports confirmed extensive government surveillance of me while I reported for CBS News during the Obama administration. Rather than cooperate or expose the bad actors, today’s Department of Justice is opposing my lawsuit over those intrusions in Virginia federal court.

I don't think most Americans with any sort of intellectual synapse firing in their craniums would believe for a second that our IC's job DOESN'T include lying or otherwise deflection/deceit of information to and about American citizens.  I can justify some of it for sure...because, well...let's face it.  We are an unruly bunch who really doesn't need to know all.  HOWEVER.....what it has become in the last 20 is absolutely atrocious.  It has peaked to it's current levels of staunch disgust under our last administration

It's way past time to clean this shit up.

Wmd's in Iraq

Bin Laden is hiding in a cave in Afghanistan

Gulf of Tonkin Incident

USS liberty

Assad used chemical weapons on his own people

Al Gore invented the internet... 

The list is endless... 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

that's from 2017. you likely saw the link to it from somewhere else, more recently. all part of the plan to damage the intel community. why would you be looking at a link that old?

Just now, Snoslinger said:

that's from 2017. you likely saw the link to it from somewhere else, more recently. all part of the plan to damage the intel community. why would you be looking at a link that old?

:lol:   No that's the link I cut and pasted it from.  That old?   :lol:   Its all the same stuff and I'm proving a point that the IC has a history of lying to the American people.   There are plenty that didn't make the list like much of the Vault 7 leak including the fact they can watch you thru smart devices even when turned off.  

Top one on the list.   Let me know if you find what I posted in something else more recent.

https://www.google.com/search?q=10+times+the+intel+community+violated+the+trust+of+US+citizens%2C+lawmakers+and+allies&oq=10+times+the+intel+community+violated+the+trust+of+US+citizens%2C+lawmakers+and+allies&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Highmark

I was going to start another thread about this very thing this morning

You would have to be literally fucking brain dead to believe a single thing anyone from US INT says on any matter of importance. They have been shown to be liars and enemies of the state at every turn. Fuck anyone who believes what they have to sell. 

Julian Assange said it was not Russia and he said it was Seth Rich.........that is the most believable thing anyone has said on the matter

Just now, f7ben said:

You would have to be literally fucking brain dead to believe a single thing anyone from US INT says on any matter of importance. They have been shown to be liars and enemies of the state at every turn. Fuck anyone who believes what they have to sell. 

Julian Assange said it was not Russia and he said it was Seth Rich.........that is the most believable thing anyone has said on the matter

And Assange has never been disproven, about anything. 

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   No that's the link I cut and pasted it from.  That old?   :lol:   Its all the same stuff and I'm proving a point that the IC has a history of lying to the American people.   There are plenty that didn't make the list like much of the Vault 7 leak including the fact they can watch you thru smart devices even when turned off.  

Top one on the list.   Let me know if you find what I posted in something else more recent.

https://www.google.com/search?q=10+times+the+intel+community+violated+the+trust+of+US+citizens%2C+lawmakers+and+allies&oq=10+times+the+intel+community+violated+the+trust+of+US+citizens%2C+lawmakers+and+allies&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

so you just googled something off the top of your head and that came up? riiiiight :lol:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

:lol:

so you just googled something off the top of your head and that came up? riiiiight :lol:

Basically.   "Times the intelligence community lied to the American people."  Jesus man what do you think we are talking about here?   Its not rocket science.  

Item 1.   James Clapper wikipage.  :lol:  

Item 2.   This article.  

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1600&bih=794&ei=tu9NW4mtJYqgjwT0gJvAAg&q=times+the+Intelligence+community+lying+to+the+american+people&oq=times+the+Intelligence+community+lying+to+the+american+people&gs_l=psy-ab.3...3958.4939.0.5643.10.9.0.0.0.0.211.864.1j4j1.6.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..6.0.0....0.nYT1v295DpE

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Please prove Julian Assange wrong

you prove him right. he never stated seth rich was the killer either. except thru your little secret assange code ring you ordered from your fruit loop cereals.

you prove him right. he never stated seth rich was the killer either. except thru your little secret assange code ring you ordered from your fruit loop cereals.

You are the one making the accusation.....the burden of proof is on you. Assange said it was not a Russian actor that delivered the leaked emails. 

Technical data shows that the leak was indeed a leak and not a hack

Assange stated in the most thinly veiled terms that Rich was the leaker

These are all facts Slinger 

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

Captain Crunch.....get your shit straight :lol: 

my-secret-decoder-rings-are-legit.jpg.d3f5b0962fad7b25e07d9c41d3f906e6.jpg

Either way the IC mostly likely planted Russian "markers" on the server after the fact.  

Why would Russia leave a shred of proof they were involved?   Comey or in a IC report said at one point they are good enough to not leave any trace.   It was broke in Vault 7 we can make it look like whomever we want.  

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

Did Hillary conduct state dept business on a private server? Would we have known about that server if not for Assange? Was Hillary investigated by the FBI due to this?