Anthony Bourdain interview just before his death. Hated Clinton and Obama

50 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

If you’ve never been in that place then you wouldn’t know. All you see is what’s on the surface. Which is fair. 

I don't think anyone can really understand without being there. Selfish yes, but sometimes the mental anguish pushes them over the edge. At that point, there isn't enough love in the world, let alone their family, to save them from themselves.This is the result.

If you’ve never been in that place then you wouldn’t know. All you see is what’s on the surface. Which is fair. 

I don't think anyone can really understand without being there. Selfish yes, but sometimes the mental anguish pushes them over the edge. At that point, there isn't enough love in the world, let alone their family, to save them from themselves.This is the result.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

we get your point

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

11 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Very true.  I've known a couple people personally who have taken their own lives, only one I was somewhat friends with.   Its really hard to understand without knowing their the level of despair they are actually going thru.   When all you see is the devastation it causes it tough not to be critical.  The one closest to me had a beautiful family including 3 little girls.   

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Lots of room between imperfect and hanging yourself.   Sorry I just don't feel sorry for people who do that to their loved ones.   My sympathy goes to the loved ones.  That might be unsympathetic and I don't understand but I just think its the most selfish act their is even if they themselves think its not and the only way to help others.  

you act like suicidal people think logically about these things, the same way you do. they don't. they have major depression issues and the thoughts of what their actions are going to do to others isn't enough to stop them from doing it. i've had two uncles who did it, one on each side of the family. my mom's brother put a double barrel shotgun in his mouth, on their front porch, at 6:00 am when his wife and 3 kids were inside sleeping. do you think he was thinking clearly, like you are able to? I feel sorry for most of these people. they cannot overcome their demons. yet you think it's just some dude being selfish... 

Edited by Snoslinger
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

They looked like they got along in this clip

download (8).jpeg

I forgot about that episode...they drank beer and ate noodles together in Vietnam. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Very true.  I've known a couple people personally who have taken their own lives, only one I was somewhat friends with.   Its really hard to understand without knowing their the level of despair they are actually going thru.   When all you see is the devastation it causes it tough not to be critical.  The one closest to me had a beautiful family including 3 little girls.   

When the ag economy started to get tough, a young farmer in our area took his life the morning of the auction.  I guess they did the whole auction before they called the morgue.  

9 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Hey you missed this part :lol:

In response to Bustillos celebrating the indictment of 13 Russians back in February, Bourdain said, "I think this is most useful because it makes it so much more difficult for Trump to fire Rosenstein or Mueller, now that you’ve shown, in a not offensive way: Nobody’s accusing you of anything! I think Trump’s going down for the money. Collusion is tricky to prove, it’s the money. And once they get too close, in my view he will declare victory, congratulate himself on the fantastic job he’s done and resign, saying the job is too small for him."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33103/explosive-anthony-bourdain-interview-released-james-barrett?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

2 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Yeah. They seemed to get along great :bc:

Absolutely...didn't seem forced at all....I bet Obama would be a good guy to tip a few and chat with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Absolutely...didn't seem forced at all....I bet Obama would be a good guy to tip a few and chat with.

I'd drink with both of them if I could.  Would be pretty cool....and I usually hate politics lol. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

When the ag economy started to get tough, a young farmer in our area took his life the morning of the auction.  I guess they did the whole auction before they called the morgue.  

when I was a young kid prob 4th grade me and a buddy went in to his garage and his dad was hanging there.  not ideal 

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

when I was a young kid prob 4th grade me and a buddy went in to his garage and his dad was hanging there.  not ideal 

I'd imagine not. 

We also had a girl in elementary school hang herself from a door knob a dozen or so years ago.  

Imagine being the parent to find that.