39 minutes ago, Snake said:

Just like most everything else in this country, he can do what he wants. In the same way I wouldn't stop a flag burning, I won't criticize him.

But everyone one else has the exact same right to criticize him and do what they want because of it.

That's freedom people.

:bc:

/thread

Before we call it done, does anyone want address his comments...  :lol:

You have successfully argued it is his right..........To the the contradiction of, well, nobody.

Is the flag a symbol of black oppression?

Or is it a symbol of unity?

Where at the end of the day, even though we have different thoughts, beliefs, skin color, we are Americans.

It is our common bond.

A small gesture to the ones who lost their lives.

:usflag: With Pride.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

I think his sudden stance is interesting considering the state of the QB position in football. It wasn't all that long ago that it was thought blacks didn't possess the intelligence to play the position and now it's obvious that has been dispelled. I realize football is just a game but it's one area where blacks are not oppressed. 

17 minutes ago, Cold War said:

You have successfully argued it is his right..........To the the contradiction of, well, nobody.

Where at the end of the day, even though we have different thoughts, beliefs, skin color, we are Americans.

It is our common bond.

I see the flag as a symbolism of our "freedom" also and therefore it does represent the ones that have fought for it..dead or alive because it did not come come free.

Too me when you disrespect the flag you are disrespecting the people who fought for our freedom dead or alive.

Piss off the wrong person and there will be a consequence.

6 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I think his sudden stance is interesting considering the state of the QB position in football. It wasn't all that long ago that it was thought blacks didn't possess the intelligence to play the position and now it's obvious that has been dispelled. I realize football is just a game but it's one area where blacks are not oppressed. 

don't think for a min that he's not feeling oppressed by the white man on his status.:bc:

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

It is our common bond.

This'll do. :bc:

Not sure how this even became about "rights" vs. just another example of a spoiled, self righteous, ignorant, protest happy liberal who feels the need to bring his little soap box around and disgust and inconvenience everyone around him.  Because just like the rest of the protesting liberals, they realize unless they can cause problems during their protest, they won't get any attention...because they don't bring any solution...solutions are for other people to figure out.  And also just like the ignorant liberals, they don't realize that the "attention" they are getting, is NOT what they want.  Want real and productive attention?  Come up with a plan to fix your complaints in life.  No plan?  Just another whiny loser(s), blaming the world for your problems.   I wonder...how has this really worked out for the negros over the last eight years?  If we could just elect a minority president, that should fix it.  Errrr.....wait, maybe a white female president pandering to their cause...that'll fix it.....er...wait, maybe if they started cleaning up their own "house" a bit.....maybe they'd start to get taken seriously?  Is that it?  Hmmmm.....gotta be one of those three for sure.  Right?

NOPE!  For sure, we are about to see an incredible outcry and outreach from the NFL fans who are now very aware of this and are about to start getting involved with and within the black community to start helping "right the wrongs" that society has dumped on them.  Or.........................

:handjob:

:lmao:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This'll do. :bc:

Not sure how this even became about "rights" vs. just another example of a spoiled, self righteous, ignorant, protest happy liberal who feels the need to bring his little soap box around and disgust and inconvenience everyone around him.  Because just like the rest of the protesting liberals, they realize unless they can cause problems during their protest, they won't get any attention...because they don't bring any solution...solutions are for other people to figure out.  And also just like the ignorant liberals, they don't realize that the "attention" they are getting, is NOT what they want.  Want real and productive attention?  Come up with a plan to fix your complaints in life.  No plan?  Just another whiny loser(s), blaming the world for your problems.   I wonder...how has this really worked out for the negros over the last eight years?  If we could just elect a minority president, that should fix it.  Errrr.....wait, maybe a white female president pandering to their cause...that'll fix it.....er...wait, maybe if they started cleaning up their own "house" a bit.....maybe they'd start to get taken seriously?  Is that it?  Hmmmm.....gotta be one of those three for sure.  Right?

NOPE!  For sure, we are about to see an incredible outcry and outreach from the NFL fans who are now very aware of this and are about to start getting involved with and within the black community to start helping "right the wrongs" that society has dumped on them.  Or.........................

:handjob:

:lmao:

Right the wrongs?  Oh boy when does the looting start?

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Right the wrongs?  Oh boy when does the looting start?

Excellent example....and point.  The lootings and flag burning ceremonies will start in the black neighborhoods and fizzle out just short of leaving the black neighborhoods. Because...that makes sense to them and is indeed an excellent solution.   :lmao:

actually welfare reform enacted by billy has made it harder for blacks or anyone for that matter to be on welfare or to even stay on it.

This has caused a problem hence more crime in the order of drug selling and what not which was going on anyways..but still.

Now though you have all these illegal immigrants  seeming able to get on welfare when some here can't...that's gotta be pissing some off.

17 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

I see the flag as a symbolism of our "freedom" also and therefore it does represent the ones that have fought for it..dead or alive because it did not come come free.

Too me when you disrespect the flag you are disrespecting the people who fought for our freedom dead or alive.

Piss off the wrong person and there will be a consequence.

Agreed.  I guess it is how you were raised.  I think a lot of Americans are so far removed from the sacrifices some have made it is meaningless to them.

I personally know men who wake every morning with the reminders of those sacrifices. 

In the larger scheme of things I don't feel inconvenienced to pay my respects.

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

actually welfare reform enacted by billy has made it harder for blacks or anyone for that matter to be on welfare or to even stay on it.

This has caused a problem hence more crime in the order of drug selling and what not which was going on anyways..but still.

Now though you have all these illegal immigrants  seeming able to get on welfare when some here can't...that's gotta be pissing some off.

Indeed.  The welfare reform hasn't done one iota to help the majority of blacks.  It wasn't originally designed to do that by giving shit for free forever, it was designed to help them by motivation and assistance to get "back on their feet".   It's the same with immigrants...you know what the difference is though?  Sure you do.  One of those races is actually motivated to get back on their feet.  Problem is, we chose the wrong fucking "help" when we decided cotton and tobacco were going to be what builds our southern states. FUCK!

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Agreed.  I guess it is how you were raised.  I think a lot of Americans are so far removed from the sacrifices some have made it is meaningless to them.

I personally know men who wake every morning with the reminders of those sacrifices. 

In the larger scheme of things I don't feel inconvenienced to pay my respects.

yeah..no doubt.

I don't think the word god should have been added to the pledge but nonetheless it is a very short and to the point pledge.

In 1954, in response to the Communist threat of the times, President Eisenhower encouraged Congress to add the words "under God," creating the 31-word pledge we say today. Bellamy's daughter objected to this alteration. Today it reads:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
Edited by Capt.Storm

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

yeah..no doubt.

I don't think the word god should have been added to the pledge but nonetheless it is a very short and to the point pledge.

In 1954, in response to the Communist threat of the times, President Eisenhower encouraged Congress to add the words "under God," creating the 31-word pledge we say today. Bellamy's daughter objected to this alteration. Today it reads:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Another great example.  I'm an atheist, but  I really don't have any issue repeating or mouthing along through the whole thing...it is that big of a deal that I need to disrespect everyone else during this small ceremony with rude and crass behavior?  No.  I can disrespect them all later on in a religious debate.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Indeed.  The welfare reform hasn't done one iota to help the majority of blacks.  It wasn't originally designed to do that by giving shit for free forever, it was designed to help them by motivation and assistance to get "back on their feet".   It's the same with immigrants...you know what the difference is though?  Sure you do.  One of those races is actually motivated to get back on their feet.  Problem is, we chose the wrong fucking "help" when we decided cotton and tobacco were going to be what builds our southern states. FUCK!

you know i hate to agree to a raciest statement like that but you leave me with no choice you fucker!

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Another great example.  I'm an atheist, but  I really don't have any issue repeating or mouthing along through the whole thing...it is that big of a deal that I need to disrespect everyone else during this small ceremony with rude and crass behavior?  No.  I can disrespect them all later on in a religious debate.  :lol:

Yeah ..i still like to cover all the base's just in case i'm wrong..which does happen..just ask my wife.:flush:

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

you know i hate to agree to a raciest statement like that but you leave me with no choice you fucker!

Yeah ..i still like to cover all the base's just in case i'm wrong..which does happen..just ask my wife.:flush:

Nothing at all wrong with agreeing to the truth.  Especially if it's kinda thrown at you in funny and ironic way.  Think about it...they were right here on our continent the whole time!  But, let's not forget.....they also weren't seen as complete and uncivilized savages either.  Especially since we "Christianized" them.  Wait...is that like Simonizing?  :lol::bc:

Nothing at all wrong with agreeing to the truth.  Especially if it's kinda thrown at you in funny and ironic way.  Think about it...they were right here on our continent the whole time!  But, let's not forget.....they also weren't seen as complete and uncivilized savages either.  Especially since we "Christianized" them.  Wait...is that like Simonizing?  :lol::bc:

yeah and they were "sold" by other blacks i have read more then once.

I just have a heard time believing they were treated (beat) as bad has the history books and movies would want us to believe..but maybe they were..but i know other writings are way off in the history books.

5 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

other countries used them for slaves way before we did ..not sure how they were treated in those countries or the backlash that exist there now if any.

Black slavery was initiated in Africa.....by Black Africans for Black Africans.  Guess who spread the idea of African slaves and then sold the slaves to other countries?  BLACK AFRICANS!  Those white devils!  :lol:

Now I see why the looting is done "locally".  That'll learn them!  :lmao:

Black slavery was initiated in Africa.....by Black Africans for Black Africans.  Guess who spread the idea of African slaves and then sold the slaves to other countries?  BLACK AFRICANS!  Those white devils!  :lol:

Now I see why the looting is done "locally".  That'll learn them!  :lmao:

interesting observation but do 'they" know it?

19 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

yeah in retaliation for being "sold" by other blacks is my question..following along darling!

Truth?  Most of the negro populace don't know much at all about any of their history going back to the origin of their race.  And either do we.  What they do know was taught to them/us by the Europeans...who just started filling in the gaps since their discovery of them...and that's about all we know too.  They are the only race in that we know that do not have any congruent history they made on their own going back to their inception.   Apparently, nothing was ever done that deemed itself significant enough for somebody to record and exchange knowledge of it in some way. Which, in itself is bizarre because most scholars can contend that land life originated on the African side of what was a continent. It is an extraordinarily interesting race.

I know....in today's terms all this sounds racist.  But it is not.  It is scholarly and scientific research and widely accepted theory.  But don't tell a bleeding heart uneducated liberal that....they'll jump off their "religion is a lie" soap box and jump on their "science/history is a lie" soap box.  Poor confused and misunderstood libs.

And while I am absolutely not a racist, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.  

:lol:

Edited by Zambroski

17 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

So when did he come to the conclusion about all this oppression of the black man....to my knowledge it's the first he's done it. Like I said earlier fuck the head case,

Just trying to impress his new muslim brethren perhaps.

Sounds as though he has decided to take on the Muslim faith for his girlfriend.  Might as well,he looks way more Arab than Black.

I say jump, Colin asks how high T...

00219f55ebd50bc19638e129a7cfc4540fa36b678dbb9f16c675e5079c302172_large

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mikeadoo said:

Just trying to impress his new muslim brethren perhaps.

Sounds as though he has decided to take on the Muslim faith for his girlfriend.  Might as well,he looks way more Arab than Black.

That's  funny.  I was thinking the same thing about the whole little incident.  I often ponder...........how many of those home made "shirt bombs" go off accidentally during the initial "fitting". Are we off topic yet?  Where am I?

:bomb:

Edited by Zambroski