Check your account email address ×

What do you do for a living??

My job back in the day. The Meat Man!!

Beef is whats for dinner!! Only a few good men from the old days remember this back breaking job of unloading swing Beef one guy would carry each piece off a truck 45 head of cattle on a truck. Back in the days when we feed the world by hand. Beer cheers to all you guys!! Now I am a salesman for that company this years I will have 35 years in with them. :bc:

a-man-delivering-a-side-of-locally-slaughtered-welsh-beef-to-a-butchers-bjn2xd.jpg

meatpackers.jpg

images.jpg

9 minutes ago, Barney said:

I always wanted to be a gynaecologist, but my parents couldn't afford med school so I just do it as a hobby.  

You should have a look at my moms!  It's never been torn up, not even once!

Slab stone (counter top material) for floors, walls, fireplace facings, the odd countertop. Second generation with tile and stone (floors, walls). Third generation with wood floors (install and sand and finish). 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

I work on sleds for a living,  Bad thing is that I've become so busy in the winter that I'm missing out on the good powder dumps.  Bikes, ATVs, landscape equipment, and an occasional outboard in the summer.

• Like 1

Well, I'm sorta "in between" careers.  Or, "semi-retired" depending on my mood.  I ducked out of the business world about five years ago now.  Moved my family back up North and have been building my own house and taking on some general contracting work which I enjoy doing for the right people.  Not sure if I'll stay this route or get back into business when I decide to grow up...that may be a while though.  :D

In between as well myself. 

I ran a team that moved "lots" of inventory on a daily basis, 

Many of the team worked at least half their lives on this job,  We moved the operations too far for most of us to make the commute.

While closing the building, I was reminded about what I did every day.  It was tough to see the old Thank You letters.  We delivered products that saved people's lives.

I held a structural engineer position and project management in a family company. Had to stop few years back. I've recently been convenient to retire more like told I think she is right

On 5/29/2016 at 6:56 PM, Stud boy said:

Slab stone (counter top material) for floors, walls, fireplace facings, the odd countertop. Second generation with tile and stone (floors, walls). Third generation with wood floors (install and sand and finish). 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I like those type of projects.  Not a bad way to make a living. 

I have done some work on my own around the house.  First pic was my last reno, had to move the wet wall and electric.  I also put in a spa tub and heated floors.IMAG0564.jpg  It was no small task with a 1.5" mesh reinforced substrate in the whole room. 

IMAG0445.jpgThe second pic is my man cave bath that has been claimed by the other half.

On 5/30/2016 at 8:15 AM, soupkid said:

Building Automation.

Temperature control with a computer

Interesting job.

I have been working in a building that had 36 data points with our temp monitors.  We always run with dual HVAC systems in each zone just to make sure each one was on point.  We did not have enough automation on the temp controls to keep the HVAC team away for long.