The Nail Company Speaks

4 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

But Ben and xlt had this all figured out yesterday

:news:

Get China to stop dumping products on us and this guys troubles are solved. He doesn’t have to buy Mexican steel to compete. Am I the only one that sees this?

Edited by Edmo

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Get China to stop dumping products on us and this guys troubles are solved. He doesn’t have to buy Mexican steel to compete. Am I the only one that sees this?

They have to compete in a global market, and when his input costs go up, there is less margin left for them to remain profitable.  There are lots of factors when running a business.  Competition is of course, one of them. 

Hasn’t Chinese steel already been tariffed by Trump?  That was the whole point of all of his supposedly from the beginning, oh and “national security”

4 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Oh shocker. A company looking for a scapegoat for moving its production to mexico. 

shocker that assholes libs support this shit.

20 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Support companies going out of business because of Trump’s stupid tariffs?

Huh?

Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

The company isn’t going out of business because of tariffs. I don’t know how else I can explain this... I guess you have to posses even the most basic business acumen to understand it.. There is zero and I mean ZERO chance a company would fold after two weeks of tariffs amounting to a 10% increase in raw materials if that company was not already on the brink of closing its doors. Sorry. This is just a failed attempt at shooting a round across the bow of the admin policies. 

• Like 1

There's a whole lot of predicting in that conversation and no post Tariff material increase proof.

Have their steel costs even gone up yet ? Why did their sales drop 50% in a month, did they have a price increase for selling the exact same product that came from stock ??

Doesn't take a genius to figured out a tax incentive to make up for an imposed material supply increase. Follow thru with the block on Chinese junk and this is a non issue

1 minute ago, Tinker said:

There's a whole lot of predicting in that conversation and no post Tariff material increase proof.

Have their steel costs even gone up yet ? Why did their sales drop 50% in a month, did they have a price increase for selling the exact same product that came from stock ??

Doesn't take a genius to figured out a tax incentive to make up for an imposed material supply increase. Follow thru with the block on Chinese junk and this is a non issue

Exactly. China dumps on the market. Trump tries to hit China for dumping. Company response: Fucking Trump. 

How is this company folding up if their tax benefit for the year is greater than their non-realized tariff costs? Anyone care to answer that? Pretty simple equation there...

These motherfuckers are so dumb I cant even comprehend it......its fucking pathetic

Steel prices are up 100% in the last 2 years spurred by demand. Did the fucking company fold then?

Steel prices up 10% since January this year and the joint folds 2 weeks after tariffs take effect?

Steel prices are still 30% lower than in 2008 ......how did the nail company live through that era?

Gt the fuck out of here with this fucking garbage you know mind fucking retards ......Are Vince and MC the same person ???

Edited by f7ben

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

These motherfuckers are so dumb I cant even comprehend it......its fucking pathetic

Steel prices are up 100% in the last 2 years spurred by demand. Did the fucking company fold then?

Steel prices up 10% since January this year and the joint folds 2 weeks after tariffs take effect?

Steel prices are still 30% lower than in 2008 ......how did the nail company live through that era?

Gt the fuck out of here with this fucking garbage you know mind fucking retards ......Are Vince and MC the same person ???

:owned:

23 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Exactly. China dumps on the market. Trump tries to hit China for dumping. Company response: Fucking Trump. 

How is this company folding up if their tax benefit for the year is greater than their non-realized tariff costs? Anyone care to answer that? Pretty simple equation there...

Exactly. 

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That's different, they can't pin that on trump.

I'd think vince would have a bit more business sense being the baller he is...  :lol:  The steel conduit he's crying over he marks up very handsomely I'm sure. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

They have to compete in a global market, and when his input costs go up, there is less margin left for them to remain profitable.  There are lots of factors when running a business.  Competition is of course, one of them. 

Hasn’t Chinese steel already been tariffed by Trump?  That was the whole point of all of his supposedly from the beginning, oh and “national security”

You mean like forced $15.00 MW?  

2 hours ago, JEFF said:

Oh shocker. A company looking for a scapegoat for moving its production to mexico. 

They are looking for an exemption on the 25% tariff on imported steel, they currently purchase there steel from Mexico.

2 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The company isn’t going out of business because of tariffs. I don’t know how else I can explain this... I guess you have to posses even the most basic business acumen to understand it.. There is zero and I mean ZERO chance a company would fold after two weeks of tariffs amounting to a 10% increase in raw materials if that company was not already on the brink of closing its doors. Sorry. This is just a failed attempt at shooting a round across the bow of the admin policies. 

The guy with zero business experience speaks, has no idea what a 25% increase in materials means to the bottom line :bc:

1 hour ago, JEFF said:

Exactly. 

That's different, they can't pin that on trump.

I'd think vince would have a bit more business sense being the baller he is...  :lol:  The steel conduit he's crying over he marks up very handsomely I'm sure. 

What do you think the typical time lapse is from the bid to NTP?

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

They are looking for an exemption on the 25% tariff on imported steel, they currently purchase there steel from Mexico.

The guy with zero business experience speaks, has no idea what a 25% increase in materials means to the bottom line :bc:

I think he is a purchasing manager.......

22 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Why?

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

You mean like forced $15.00 MW?  

Ouch... 

• Platinum Contributing Member

More Bizzarro world.   Libs jumping in to defend corporations.  

Bet any money when Obama put tariffs on Chinese tires it was 100% supported by the left.  

33 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Don’t forget the taffifs countries they sell to add.

many here have no clue.