Roseanne Is Coming Back to ABC Without Roseanne

roseanne-edit-1527708182.jpg?crop=1.00xw
Getty Images

You know how the old saying goes, “Even when there’s a racist in the midst, the show must go on?” That’s not the exactphrasing, but nevertheless, ABC wasn’t ready to let go of the ratings juggernaut it had in Roseanne. The series will be reworked for the upcoming television season under the title of The Conners, including all of the season’s original mainstays, except for Roseanne Barr

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a21757671/the-conners-spinoff-without-roseanne/

11 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Repubs will boycott it and it won’t even make a full season. 

Yeah I think they're going to be replacing it with a pilot of the new Peter Fonda sitcom  :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Repubs will boycott it and it won’t even make a full season. 

The story line will be that she was killed by an illegal alien. Then the family can rail against illegals and the show will retain its' fan base.

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Didn't he come unglued and have to apologize last week?

Yup , made multi threats via his twatter  page about the Flotus  and underage child. Had a visit from the Secret Service . Tough guy like his sister Hanoi jane  backed down quickly.  Rumor is that his  latest movie deals were ditched in the can because of his public rants.    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5866457/Melania-calls-Secret-Service-Peter-Fonda-says-Barron-kidnapped.html      :read:

Edited by hwytohell

7 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

The story line will be that she was killed by an illegal alien. Then the family can rail against illegals and the show will retain its' fan base.

You try too hard....

I love you hard left types who don’t speak in facts yet base everything off emotion. It’s adorable. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

From what I had heard, the cast all had 2 year contracts in place and they would have lost all the advertising dollars too. Only made sense to take a shot at breaking even.

It'll be shit.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hwytohell said:

Yup , made multi threats via his twatter  page about the Flotus  and underage child. Had a visit from the Secret Service . Tough guy like his sister Hanoi jane  backed down quickly.  Rumor is that his  latest movie deals were ditched in the can because of his public rants.    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5866457/Melania-calls-Secret-Service-Peter-Fonda-says-Barron-kidnapped.html      :read:

Very bizarre  

Hard to argue that media does not control Americans level of outrage. 

13 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You try too hard....

I love you hard left types who don’t speak in facts yet base everything off emotion. It’s adorable. 

It’s not hard to make fun of people who give a shit about Roseanne Barr. 

They should bring her back. She sincerely apologized and she has done worse in the past that she didn't apologize for. She's famous for saying offensive shit, you can't taker her serious. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

They should bring her back. She sincerely apologized and she has done worse in the past that she didn't apologize for. She's famous for saying offensive shit, you can't taker her serious. 

The show has zero chance without her mouth.

Perhaps the writers can script in Ashton to take her place?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Another show that went in the shitter after its lead was let go

I thought John Cryer did a good job keeping the show funny after chuck was let get go....but it became stupid after a while.

They should make   Replacement Becky new Roseanne.  Have her take over role with no  explanation.  They could make little cracks like “ is anyone going to acknowledge the monkey in the room”? 

Lwl won’t start watching, Rwl won’t  continue  to watch.  I guess we will see if rest of Murca has a fondness for another ultra PC  status qou comedy. 

Didn't watch it anyways, I was hoping they'd reboot it and have Jeff Bridges come in at some point and have it as a prequel to the Big Lebowski with John Goodman returning to his role. :lol:

17 hours ago, Cold War said:

They should make   Replacement Becky new Roseanne.  Have her take over role with no  explanation.  They could make little cracks like “ is anyone going to acknowledge the monkey in the room”? 

Lwl won’t start watching, Rwl won’t  continue  to watch.  I guess we will see if rest of Murca has a fondness for another ultra PC  status qou comedy. 

You know both Beckeys were in the new one, the one sitting on the right arm of the couch in OP picture is the original :dunno: