As I said this isn’t about the children it’s about hurting Trump

3 hours ago, jtssrx said:

The policy "the law has been in place for over 20 years" Enforcing the law is what Trump and Jeff Sessions swore to do when they were sworn in. Just becuase Obama selectively enforced the law doesn't make Trump or Sessions bad people. Today if you are an asylum seeker and you go to the proper place and declare your family will not be separated. If you cross illegally you will be it's as simple as that. 

The fact that you don't like that shows what a stupid fuck you are

3 hours ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

its all about hate trump.. nothing more nothing less. shitbags.. all of them

You have to be a special kind of cunt to think that protesting kids in cages is only about hating Trump.

There a lots of reasons to Hate your cunt of a President, putting kids in cages is just wrong.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Jeff Sessions is a hypocritical religious zealot...the fact that you don’t see that reinforces the fact that I think you are a fucking  bonehead.

His religion doesn't preclude him from enforcing the law. You getting caught up in all this outside bullshit "his religion" is what makes you a bone head

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Well, if trump lies, then it should be easy to show the lying statement.  In many cases people never cut and paste the actual lie, but just that the media says he lied.  In your statement saying trump lied, you just said he lied about changing the law and depending what he said he could be telling the truth.

The POTUS cannot change laws that have been passed.  And this may be splitting hairs, but it may not be a lie.   The media knows this and they have a way of framing it.

Three branches of U.S. Federal Government.

Executive: Administrates the government, commands the military, operates the justice department, enforces the laws. The President has a role in legislation called the “Veto” which forces Congress to consider a bill further to see if they can override the presidential veto with a supermajority. The President also appoints members of the Federal judiciary up to and including the Supreme Court.

Legislative: Passes bills into law, advises and consents on high office executive appointments and judicial nominees. Has the power to investigate other branches as needed toward the end of discovering how they might legislate in response to untoward conditions.

Judicial: The courts oversee justice. They interpret laws passed by Congress, and in some cases, evaluate the quality of the law in the light of the Constitution.

So, no, presidents cannot change any laws that have been passed. He can speak about it, encourage friends in Congress to do something about it, even take concerns to court, but by himself, he cannot change a law.

What he can do is issue or rescind Executive Orders and Presidential Memoranda. These look a little like laws, and affect the ways that various bureaus function, including how the Executive Branch actually enforces the laws.

It is splitting hairs. He could have done this from the beginning and didn't. Saying nothing can be done then doing it is not telling the truth. saying that you will release your tax returns and then not doing it is a lie, saying your tax plan will cost you more and benefit the middle class more when the opposite happened is a lie, saying your health care plan will cover everyone and cost half as much was a lie, just like you can keep your plan and your DR. difference is Trump had no plan at all.

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

It is splitting hairs. He could have done this from the beginning and didn't. Saying nothing can be done then doing it is not telling the truth. saying that you will release your tax returns and then not doing it is a lie, saying your tax plan will cost you more and benefit the middle class more when the opposite happened is a lie, saying your health care plan will cover everyone and cost half as much was a lie, just like you can keep your plan and your DR. difference is Trump had no plan at all.

I guess actions speak louder than words.  Does that make you mad?

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
55 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

His religion doesn't preclude him from enforcing the law. You getting caught up in all this outside bullshit "his religion" is what makes you a bone head

He also has discretion in the way he does things and his religion absolutely plays a role in the way he thinks and does things and this whole absolute law and order shit you keep spewing is assinine. Discretion and judgement is used everyday when it comes to enforcing laws.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

He also has discretion in the way he does things and his religion absolutely plays a role in the way he thinks and does things and this whole absolute law and order shit you keep spewing is assinine. Discretion and judgement is used everyday when it comes to enforcing laws.

Do you agree we have a crisis at the border? That Immigration has to be fixed? 

Just now, jtssrx said:

Do you agree we have a crisis at the border? That Immigration has to be fixed? 

I don’t know about a “crisis” and my only problem has been with the parents/kids issue. 

36 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I guess actions speak louder than words.  Does that make you mad?

Lies are lies no matter who tells them and regardless of their actions. No it doesn't make me mad, but it is disappointing that the guy who was supposed to be so different is a bigger liar than most that came before. 

7 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Oh and it’s right there in the headline the media is openly admitting they advocate for the democrats  

Trump fucked up and hurt himself, so let's move on to something more enlightening  

Just now, 1jkw said:

Lies are lies no matter who tells them and regardless of their actions. No it doesn't make me mad, but it is disappointing that the guy who was supposed to be so different is a bigger liar than most that came before. 

No he is not.  The media just picks him apart more than the last POTUS.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

5CE7193D-3890-459C-8540-547737B50539.jpeg

That's a powerful image, damage control is in full swing.

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

No he is not.  The media just picks him apart more than the last POTUS.

Don't need the media to tell me what I saw him say with my own eyes. Everything I posted I saw with my own eyes heard with my own ears and it came directly from Trump's own mouth.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Don't need the media to tell me what I saw him say with my own eyes. Everything I posted I saw with my own eyes heard with my own ears and it came directly from Trump's own mouth.

Are you keeping track of how many times the media says one thing only to have trump make them look like liars as well?  You know, like with North Korea?

18 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That's a powerful image, damage control is in full swing.

I think you dems have dug to deep a hole for yourselves...

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Are you keeping track of how many times the media says one thing only to have trump make them look like liars as well?  You know, like with North Korea?

No. I don't listen to opinions from the media. I base my opinion on things that I see the President say and then what he does. Did you see the wall that Mexico paid for?

12 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

No. I don't listen to opinions from the media. I base my opinion on things that I see the President say and then what he does. Did you see the wall that Mexico paid for?

So you're saying that you've seen it?  Or until you see it, you will believe the media?  GOT IT.

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

You have to be a special kind of cunt to think that protesting kids in cages is only about hating Trump.

There a lots of reasons to Hate your cunt of a President, putting kids in cages is just wrong.

shit, when I was 15 the government took me away from my parents, put me in a cage till I was almost 17....One of the best things that ever happened to me..Shit happens when you break the law.  Some people learn from their mistakes some people dont.. Fortunately, I learned..And not complaining..