As I said this isn’t about the children it’s about hurting Trump

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Amen XLT...help wanted signs all over the place here but apparently Highmark thinks poaching employees solves the problem.

:lol:   Whats wrong with "poaching" employee's when you are offering them more pay and bennies?   Dude you guys fucking crack me up.   This is how wages start to rise.   Companies start to lose people so they increase compensation to keep them.   Fuck nothing will satisfy the likes of you.  :lol:  Its unreal.  

Do you have any idea how complicated hiring a bunch of non-english speaking or reading employee's is?   Sorry our jobs are a bit more complicated than "here's a shovel start digging."  

We use to get tons of people coming in applying for jobs that couldn't read, write or speak English.    Since then I think word has gotten out that we don't hire those that can't fill out the application completely so its become less and less.  

Edited by Highmark

49 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You and the rest on here posting headlines are the last people that should be preaching about morals.

When you constantly tell lies and half truths to push an agenda, maybe you should re-evaluate your priorities.

Supporting a dozen lies a day president says a lot about you too.

Scum republicans

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   Whats wrong with "poaching" employee's when you are offering them more pay and bennies?   Dude you guys fucking crack me up.   This is how wages start to rise.   Companies start to lose people so they increase compensation to keep them.   Fuck nothing will satisfy the likes of you.  :lol:  Its unreal.  

Do you have any idea how complicated hiring a bunch of non-english speaking or reading employee's is?  

We use to get tons of people coming in applying for jobs that couldn't read, write or speak English.    Since then I think word has gotten out that we don't hire those that can't fill out the application completely so its become less and less.  

Nothing wrong with it but it doesn’t address the labor  shortage....should be self explanatory. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nothing wrong with it but it doesn’t address the labor  shortage....should be self explanatory. 

Labor shortage supply is easy to solve.   More work goes to countries that NEED it thru fair trade practices.   Help them there......NOT HERE.   

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

but it will address the lack of wage growth that we have seen.  if we have an issue finding $10-15 hr employees maybe we should be opening our immigration to more Mexicans and Asians they work hard.  

12 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

The policy "the law has been in place for over 20 years" Enforcing the law is what Trump and Jeff Sessions swore to do when they were sworn in. Just becuase Obama selectively enforced the law doesn't make Trump or Sessions bad people. Today if you are an asylum seeker and you go to the proper place and declare your family will not be separated. If you cross illegally you will be it's as simple as that. 

The fact that you don't like that shows what a stupid fuck you are

Trump changed the policy and it ended up putting kids in cages.  Then he lied about it and had everyone around him lie about it before he buckled under the pressure and reversed course.  Sorry, but that’s just the reality of it.  And the title is right, it never was about the kids, it was about Trump acting tough and laying blame on the Democrats for his own actions.  Unfortunately for him, it failed meiserably except with low IQ MAGAts.

:bc:

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Jeff Sessions is a hypocritical religious zealot...the fact that you don’t see that reinforces the fact that I think you are a fucking  bonehead.

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Trump changed the policy and it ended up putting kids in cages.  Then he lied about it and had everyone around him lie about it before he buckled under the pressure and reversed course.  Sorry, but that’s just the reality of it.  And the title is right, it never was about the kids, it was about Trump acting tough and laying blame on the Democrats for his own actions.  Unfortunately for him, it failed meiserably except with low IQ MAGAts.

So enforcing laws is somehow now bad in ICEWelcher land and the enforcer is to blame :lol: 

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Labor shortage supply is easy to solve.   More work goes to countries that NEED it thru fair trade practices.   Help them there......NOT HERE.   

WTF are you talking about....every builder, landscaper, restaraunt....ect...need help here.

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

but it will address the lack of wage growth that we have seen.  if we have an issue finding $10-15 hr employees maybe we should be opening our immigration to more Mexicans and Asians they work hard.  

That is exactly what I’m talking about.

38 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Supporting a dozen lies a day president says a lot about you too.

Scum republicans

It's not that hard to look and find out who the true liars are in this forum.  I find it truly despicable that people who complain about trump, saying how he lies, are the same ones that will post lies to make him look bad. 

If he does lie and he is as pathetic and crooked as you say, why would you find it necessary to lie about things to make him look worse?  That makes you look worse than trump.

31 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It's not that hard to look and find out who the true liars are in this forum.  I find it truly despicable that people who complain about trump, saying how he lies, are the same ones that will post lies to make him look bad. 

If he does lie and he is as pathetic and crooked as you say, why would you find it necessary to lie about things to make him look worse?  That makes you look worse than trump.

It's FAKENEWSMAINECUNTS MO :guzzle: 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

WTF are you talking about....every builder, landscaper, restaraunt....ect...need help here.

So bring in the Hispanic's and Latino's.  :lol:  If we need labor it doesn't mean it has to be illegal or with amnesty or citizenship.  I'm not opposed to highly regulated work visa programs but a worker shortage is a poor excuse for turning a blind eye to illegal immigration with all the other negative consequences of it.

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Well he does lie all the time, most recently that he couldn't do anything to change the law and then did.  I only call the lies he has told lies when I here from his own mouth, not any news source.

2 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I don’t know about Iowa, but we sure as fuck could use a labor infusion up here. We are hurting to get people. The whole Midwest is. Maybe not open borders time, but drive some of them up here...

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

There are tons of workers available.   We've expanded 20% and have had ZERO problems finding great workers.   You just have to take them from someone else by offering a more competitive package.   Let them deal with the leftovers.  

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So bring in the Hispanic's and Latino's.  :lol:  If we need labor it doesn't mean it has to be illegal or with amnesty or citizenship.  I'm not opposed to highly regulated work visa programs but a worker shortage is a poor excuse for turning a blind eye to illegal immigration with all the other negative consequences of it.

Jesus dude XLT said there is a labor shortage and I concurred and you said there isn’t a labor shortage and then you went off In a rant about turning a blind eye to illegal immigration...WTF.

36 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Well he does lie all the time, most recently that he couldn't do anything to change the law and then did.  I only call the lies he has told lies when I here from his own mouth, not any news source.

Well, if trump lies, then it should be easy to show the lying statement.  In many cases people never cut and paste the actual lie, but just that the media says he lied.  In your statement saying trump lied, you just said he lied about changing the law and depending what he said he could be telling the truth.

The POTUS cannot change laws that have been passed.  And this may be splitting hairs, but it may not be a lie.   The media knows this and they have a way of framing it.

Three branches of U.S. Federal Government.

Executive: Administrates the government, commands the military, operates the justice department, enforces the laws. The President has a role in legislation called the “Veto” which forces Congress to consider a bill further to see if they can override the presidential veto with a supermajority. The President also appoints members of the Federal judiciary up to and including the Supreme Court.

Legislative: Passes bills into law, advises and consents on high office executive appointments and judicial nominees. Has the power to investigate other branches as needed toward the end of discovering how they might legislate in response to untoward conditions.

Judicial: The courts oversee justice. They interpret laws passed by Congress, and in some cases, evaluate the quality of the law in the light of the Constitution.

So, no, presidents cannot change any laws that have been passed. He can speak about it, encourage friends in Congress to do something about it, even take concerns to court, but by himself, he cannot change a law.

What he can do is issue or rescind Executive Orders and Presidential Memoranda. These look a little like laws, and affect the ways that various bureaus function, including how the Executive Branch actually enforces the laws.

Edited by racer254

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Jesus dude XLT said there is a labor shortage and I concurred and you said there isn’t a labor shortage and then you went off In a rant about turning a blind eye to illegal immigration...WTF.

I was specifically talking about my company.  While I won't argue there is some labor shortage for some industries not all can be helped by generally spanish speaking and often times illiterate workforce crossing our southern border.  Many of my suppliers complain about the lack of qualified workers which include those that simply refuse to show up on a regular basis, can do as their told and do simple arithmetic and simple english structure. 

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

I was specifically talking about my company.  While I won't argue there is some labor shortage for some industries not all can be helped by generally spanish speaking and often times illiterate workforce crossing our southern border. 

True. We make a big effort to accommodate those whom are Spanish as a first language. Just works in our benefit. We have managers who speak Spanish and we try to do what we can for paperwork in Spanish to make it easier. Plus the break room for lunch smells like heaven everyday... 

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

True. We make a big effort to accommodate those whom are Spanish as a first language. Just works in our benefit. We have managers who speak Spanish and we try to do what we can for paperwork in Spanish to make it easier. Plus the break room for lunch smells like heaven everyday... 

Its a nightmare for many.  Training, work instructions, quality forms just to name a few and bilingual people don't grow on trees and they need to be paid well and hold the hand of those that don't speak English.  Simply don't work for many industries.   Better to have some things made in Mexico or China or wherever. 

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Its a nightmare for many.  Training, work instructions, quality forms just to name a few and bilingual people don't grow on trees.  

It’s pretty easy in Madison to find bilingual managers. We do a pretty solid job of promoting from within from our Hispanic staff to have them work as shift supervisors in the past.