Does trump or anyone else actually believe....

• USA Contributing Member

Lots of stories of contractors working for defense manufacturers getting caught selling info to foreign countries.  Government is debating selling F-35's to Turkey right now, you think they could be trusted from allowing Russia or China access to one of them?    

Intellectual property..... yea, right. 

10 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Lots of stories of contractors working for defense manufacturers getting caught selling info to foreign countries.  Government is debating selling F-35's to Turkey right now, you think they could be trusted from allowing Russia or China access to one of them?    

Intellectual property..... yea, right. 

It’s unstoppable. The entire idea that tariffs are going to stop it is so silly that my insides hurt from laughing.  

Just now, spin_dry said:

It’s unstoppable. The entire idea that tariffs are going to stop it is so silly that my insides hurt from laughing.  

Huh...well, if it's no big deal, why are world leader freaking out about it?  Me thinks you is wrong.  This is a big sword we are swinging right now.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Huh...well, if it's no big deal, why are world leader freaking out about it?  Me thinks you is wrong.  This is a big sword we are swinging right now.

An issue that goes back to the beginning of man. It ain’t going to be stopped. 

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

That the Chinese or any other country can be stopped from co-opting American technology? 

It’s not so much co-opting as it is violating international business practices. Most other countries respect copyright, patent, etc law. Do they try to replicate? Sure. Do they copy bolt for bolt and force proprietary information to be given? No. China is playing a game they will lose. Will our markets take a shit, economy take a dip? Yup. At the end of the day, theirs will die. We will rebound and we will prop up India or any other low wage labor giant. It’s not as dire as it seems. Imo.

• Platinum Contributing Member

When an American company wants to build a product in China they have to turn over all drawing and technology to the Chinese Gvmt. Within  a yr they are competing with a Chinese compoany in China. Within 5 they are competing with a Chinese company worldwide.Against their own product. That can be stopped.

• USA Contributing Member

I worked for a company that had a machine that was considered a benchmark at its time.  Salesmen would sit at their desk and take orders all day, didn't have to do any work.  

A company from China purchased a couple of them, they were shipped out....... didn't here from that company ever again or any other businesses in China.  Owner couldn't even guess at how many copies were made and the money lost.  They reverse engineer everything they can over there.

16 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It’s not so much co-opting as it is violating international business practices. Most other countries respect copyright, patent, etc law. Do they try to replicate? Sure. Do they copy bolt for bolt and force proprietary information to be given? No. China is playing a game they will lose. Will our markets take a shit, economy take a dip? Yup. At the end of the day, theirs will die. We will rebound and we will prop up India or any other low wage labor giant. It’s not as dire as it seems. Imo.

Vietnam.   North Korea. 

Bare minimum we have to stop the sale of products into the US and other trading partners with stolen IP.  

I'm not sure we can do anything about China and sales inside their own country.   My IP attorney's have told me a number of times patents in China are a exercise in futility however when you apply in that region it covers more than just China.   The other countries seem to adhere fairly well.

Like so many other things if some effort to stop it isn't taken then they simply take that as motivation for doing other things.   

19 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Right into you’re ovaries I bet