Fawking ticks!!!!

• Gold Member

My brother got lymes disease from a tick he picked up Canada while hunting. Gotta be careful about those damn things!

Edited by Kivalo
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

They’re bad. Only way to stop them is controlled burns. Even in the Forest 

Ive got this stuff from the vet for the pups....gonna give them haircuts and then put the shit on.

20180619_070025.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, ckf said:

For whatever reason we haven't seen a tick since moving to northern VT :dunno:

Tough winters can reduce tick populations.

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

Dog always gets her tick meds every year . Never an issue ,me on the other hand...ticks and fucking wasps love me :lol:

oofff I got stung by a hornet while driving! what a fucking reaction.

Just now, ckf said:

That was what i thought, but Dave has colder temps than we do.

Lots of factors play in like ground cover (leaves) and what not.   Much time below -10 supposedly kills off quite a bit.

Just now, Highmark said:

Lots of factors play in like ground cover (leaves) and what not.   Much time below -10 supposedly kills off quite a bit.

Cold as fuck here.

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

While driving? Danmn.  That would suck shit. 

yeah the fucker was on my shirt and I did not know it. By the time I seen it that's when it stung me in the arm.

• Sad 1

I pulled one off the back of my leg last weekend and the only reason I did because it felt like a bad pimple,  I couldn't see it so (it was right below my white, hairy,pimply ass :lmao:)  I just reached back, pinched it and pulled it off, sure enough it was a deer tick. My wife looked at it and said I had the bullseye but nothing has become of it, damn those things are tiny and their bite is a bit more painful, a wood tick you don't feel at all.

8 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I pulled one off the back of my leg last weekend and the only reason I did because it felt like a bad pimple,  I couldn't see it so (it was right below my white, hairy,pimply ass :lmao:)  I just reached back, pinched it and pulled it off, sure enough it was a deer tick. My wife looked at it and said I had the bullseye but nothing has become of it, damn those things are tiny and their bite is a bit more painful, a wood tick you don't feel at all.

Lyme disease is huge around these parts

Just now, ATOMIC PUNK said:

highly recommended by my vet.

I make a spray with lemon grass oil, eucalyptus oil and water too, I spray them and myself so far no ticks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

My brother got lymes disease from a tick he picked up Canada while hunting. Gotta be careful about those damn things!

Lymes is an absolutely terrible disease. I know a woman with it. She can have a series of really good days. Then one day she can’t even walk down a flight of stairs without help. Only 32 years old and she’ll be that way for the rest of her life. 

14 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Damn dude I'd get to a doctor.   Quicker its treated the more effective it is.