Not that republicans here care, but what happens to the tariff tax money that we are paying?

• Platinum Contributing Member

The American companies who now get the business will get paid however it wont be tariff money.  We already export steel and aluminum now it can stay here. 

Probably subsidize the goods being tariffed by other countries.   Technically if trade stays the same and tariffs are applied in equal amounts it should be relatively break even.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Probably subsidize the goods being tariffed by other countries.   Technically if trade stays the same and tariffs are applied in equal amounts it should be relatively break even.  

:lol:  good drugs this morning? 

40 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

:lol:  good drugs this morning? 

It won't happen equally but Trump is already talking about more farm subsidies to counter falling prices if they occur.   For the record I don't support this.

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It won't happen equally but Trump is already talking about more farm subsidies to counter falling prices if they occur.   For the record I don't support this.

Yeah but you'll line up at the trough anyway

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yeah but you'll line up at the trough anyway

How would I do that?

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

“China is subsiding their steel industry so we must apply tariffs!”

”I hope our government subsidizes farms to protect them from China’s tariffs”

:lol2:

18 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

That corn money makes its way into your pockets 

:lol:   Maybe if I invest in some related industry but my business has zero to do with AG.

9 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

It’s so fucking crazy. By now it’s well established that trump’s ego is now wrapped up into this. So refreshing to know that an egotistical, malignatant narcissist is playing with our investments as a means for play backs and personal redemption. What could possibly go wrong? By the time this thing unwinds the republicans here are going to be begging (albeit secretly) for this piece of shit to step down.  

11 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

I don't support farm subsidies.  

The funny thing about us tariffing $250B now is they can’t match that since they don’t import enough US goods... It will be interesting to see if the China acquires US interests in China. That would up the ante. I have a feeling this all has to do with NK. The one good thing Trump truly had was the market and economy. The market is not pleased. I bet we get big news from NK that is in our favor followed by the tariffs going away. 

32 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The funny thing about us tariffing $250B now is they can’t match that since they don’t import enough US goods... It will be interesting to see if the China acquires US interests in China. That would up the ante. I have a feeling this all has to do with NK. The one good thing Trump truly had was the market and economy. The market is not pleased. I bet we get big news from NK that is in our favor followed by the tariffs going away. 

They can’t match you for $ but they can up the %age on the tariffs on the goods they do buy from you.  Americans will keep buying Chinese shit, but the Chinese might stop buying US shit.  Who hurts more in that scenario?

19 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

They can’t match you for $ but they can up the %age on the tariffs on the goods they do buy from you.  Americans will keep buying Chinese shit, but the Chinese might stop buying US shit.  Who hurts more in that scenario?

China. Obviously. We are 100 x more flexible than China. Our supply chain just needs cheap labor. Their supply chain needs rich consumers. Don’t ever underestimate our power of the purse here. They age tariffs, we go elsewhere. India, Indonesia, Africa, Central America. It doesn’t matter. 

42 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

China. Obviously. We are 100 x more flexible than China. Our supply chain just needs cheap labor. Their supply chain needs rich consumers. Don’t ever underestimate our power of the purse here. They age tariffs, we go elsewhere. India, Indonesia, Africa, Central America. It doesn’t matter. 

Maybe, but it’s not going to happen that fast and the tariffs aren’t going to last that long in order to force a change like that. 

49 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Maybe, but it’s not going to happen that fast and the tariffs aren’t going to last that long in order to force a change like that. 

Your right. They will not last that long. Once we get a better deal they will be scrapped. We only sell a couple chinese made products. I hope they go up enough in price that the manufacturer decides to make em here.

3 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Agreed