Houghton County in the UP is a disaster.

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

If it's confirmed but I think it's under some scrutiny right now. That's a half inch more then the current record for the US

https://www.wunderground.com/blog/weatherhistorian/what-is-the-most-rain-to-ever-fall-in-one-minute-or-one-hour.html

Seems a bit unlikely but you never know.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Holy shit 1.75" of rain in one minute! 

35774448_1908344399215831_3232731161105006592_n.thumb.jpg.416305503aa9be38a031f7d10d22914b.jpg

A bud sent me this and I was going to post it. It explains a lot.  Another friend lives in that area and is a meteorologist ,he hustling to find the answers Sun am.  7” of rain wouldn’t cause that kind of damage. It happened in the middle of the night in a small area. 95% of the weather stations are not able to record that data.  Got to love technology. The other cool part of this, the peaple that live there have cleaned up most of it, not sitting on the fucking news complaining and begging for help. They all pulled together as a community and made it fucking happen, hours after it happened. Gotta love the folks in the UP, very few Libtards up that way.

• Thanks 1

Just preordered a flood relief t shirt and sticker from UP Supply Company...100% of the profits are going to help out in Houghton.

https://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=c74d370a91a1b979ac86c29a6&id=b0bb934d8b&e=acfeedd6a4

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

On 6/17/2018 at 2:56 PM, spin_dry said:

Hottest and wettest summer in almost 140 years. 

They keep having these 100 year floods more frequently.  I wonder what could be causing it.

Too bad there wasn't any scientific research that could have told us how to avoid these floods and droughts.

Or better yet what if a Presidential candidate had the foresight to know this was going to happen and warn people. 

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

They keep having these 100 year floods more frequently.  I wonder what could be causing it.

Too bad there wasn't any scientific research that could have told us how to avoid these floods and droughts.

Or better yet what if a Presidential candidate had the foresight to know this was going to happen and warn people. 

It's all a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese.

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

WTH is Trump up to?

I got a tweet saying he can now control the weather so maybe that's "The Wall" he's been talking about all along. A wall of weather!!!!111

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

She’s cute... 

That’s crazy. I wouldn’t even think that as possible. 

All part of Trump's space force!

20 hours ago, Woodtick said:

A bud sent me this and I was going to post it. It explains a lot.  Another friend lives in that area and is a meteorologist ,he hustling to find the answers Sun am.  7” of rain wouldn’t cause that kind of damage. It happened in the middle of the night in a small area. 95% of the weather stations are not able to record that data.  Got to love technology. The other cool part of this, the peaple that live there have cleaned up most of it, not sitting on the fucking news complaining and begging for help. They all pulled together as a community and made it fucking happen, hours after it happened. Gotta love the folks in the UP, very few Libtards up that way.

Hell yeah! I love it up there and good people is right! If I could make a living up there doing what I do here, I would have been living up there a long time ago. I'm taking the girls up there in August to camp and hike for a few days. They've never even seen the U.P.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Hell yeah! I love it up there and good people is right! If I could make a living up there doing what I do here, I would have been living up there a long time ago. I'm taking the girls up there in August to camp and hike for a few days. They've never even seen the U.P.

I’m really glad my daughter is going to NMU.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 1:11 PM, Skidooski said:

I’m a tech alum so I’ll vouch for it being an awesome place to live also.  Just wish the same also.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the MSA Newsletter in my inbox and here is the DNR Report for trail damage...estimated 19.9 million dollars to repair the affected trails...Damn.

IMG_4088.thumb.PNG.78cefa47c27cd55e9f2fb435fd3e266e.PNG

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Sad 1