Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Does it really matter to you?  your ballot is filled out for the next 30 years 

Doug didn't win Toronto what makes you think he can win Ontario? PC party needs to be very careful in who they pick for leader.  Pretty sure Doug's actions at city hall are not wanted in the Provincial level 

If you don't want the Liberals to win again I wouldn't be wishing for Doug to lead the way

whats this have to do with backpeddling?

Did you actually comprehend the full message. The realities.

this is an industry that takes in many unskilled people, folks who don’t speak the Queen’s English or any English.” Waller also warned: “You start paying it to the fellow who does menial tasks and pretty soon everyone above him feels they ought to get more too.”

Guess what... that is real and that is a fact. Today those that are already earning $14 & $15/hr. are now looking for their proportionate increase relative to the increase in minimum wage.

On March 26, 1963, Minister of Labour Leslie Rowntree announced amendments to the Minimum Wage Act. The initial hourly rates would be 85 cents for women, $1 for most males, and $1.25 for construction workers. In the hospitality sector, tips would not count as wages. The new policy would be implemented in the Golden Horseshoe in June 1963; if it was deemed a success, it would then be rolled out across the rest of the province.

Hmm.. Imagine that. Government actually testing something for viability rather than just we're doing it... too bad for you.

when the final rates were revealed in early June, women were placed on a phased schedule that would bring them up to $1 by March 1964.

Hmm... what a unique concept... phased in over time. Rather than a 22.8% increase over night AND increased vacation, leave costs coupled with higher CPP, WSIB and EI pushing it closer to a 28% increase in cost.

Pharmacists railed against wages to bike delivery boys, whose salaries nearly doubled in some cases (a move that led some businesses to switch to motorized deliveries).

I wonder how those bike delivery boys felt about losing their jobs.... but of course nobody will lose their jobs due to the increase. At least that's what you think.

But of course you pulled out an article that echoed many similar concerns that we have today. But you didn't come up with anything that actually showed the impact of the minimum wage did you? How many businesses couldn't afford the increases and shut down. How many people lost jobs. None of that is reported.

Then the economics were dramatically different as well. The economy was primarily based on a single income family. Mortgages were 25 year fixed rate for the 25 years. A 3 bdrm bungalow in suburbia could be bought for $16K to $17K in 1960. The $17K got you an attached garage, $16K just the gravel driveway.

33 minutes ago, 02sled said:

this is an industry that takes in many unskilled people, folks who don’t speak the Queen’s English or any English.” Waller also warned: “You start paying it to the fellow who does menial tasks and pretty soon everyone above him feels they ought to get more too.”

Guess what... that is real and that is a fact. Today those that are already earning $14 & $15/hr. are now looking for their proportionate increase relative to the increase in minimum wage.

On March 26, 1963, Minister of Labour Leslie Rowntree announced amendments to the Minimum Wage Act. The initial hourly rates would be 85 cents for women, $1 for most males, and $1.25 for construction workers. In the hospitality sector, tips would not count as wages. The new policy would be implemented in the Golden Horseshoe in June 1963; if it was deemed a success, it would then be rolled out across the rest of the province.

Hmm.. Imagine that. Government actually testing something for viability rather than just we're doing it... too bad for you.

when the final rates were revealed in early June, women were placed on a phased schedule that would bring them up to $1 by March 1964.

Hmm... what a unique concept... phased in over time. Rather than a 22.8% increase over night AND increased vacation, leave costs coupled with higher CPP, WSIB and EI pushing it closer to a 28% increase in cost.

Pharmacists railed against wages to bike delivery boys, whose salaries nearly doubled in some cases (a move that led some businesses to switch to motorized deliveries).

I wonder how those bike delivery boys felt about losing their jobs.... but of course nobody will lose their jobs due to the increase. At least that's what you think.

But of course you pulled out an article that echoed many similar concerns that we have today. But you didn't come up with anything that actually showed the impact of the minimum wage did you? How many businesses couldn't afford the increases and shut down. How many people lost jobs. None of that is reported.

Then the economics were dramatically different as well. The economy was primarily based on a single income family. Mortgages were 25 year fixed rate for the 25 years. A 3 bdrm bungalow in suburbia could be bought for $16K to $17K in 1960. The $17K got you an attached garage, $16K just the gravel driveway.

Ya those nasty immigrants that don't speak the Queens English :lol: worthless pieces of shit according to 02sled 

Fuck I remember the Milkman losing his job, should have never happened and should still be used today.   And why aren't  meds delivered by the Drug Store today :dunno:  what has this world come too 

In case you missed the last 50 years,  these businesses are doing fine. Places like McDonalds that built a massive business all with this increase wages to ( 02sled's discribed as ) non speaking english useless people

I wonder how many Parents here didn't speak THE QUEENS ENGLISH when they arrived?  how many have you insulted today with your rants?

Edited by 1trailmaker

True story from today. An employee who was being paid 13 dollars per hour in December was raised to 14 on January 1. Got in my face and said that on the next pay period that she would like her previous “raise” added on to the new minimum wage. She actually felt entitled to be paid the difference between her previous rate of 13 and the previous minimum of 11.60. Told her I should give everyone 25 dollars an hour and we can close up next month.

39 minutes ago, 02sled said:

oh forgot to mention many of these employees had an 800% increase dumb ass 

6 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

FAKE POST lol

This guy is going to change the way he makes his food,  is this a good idea or bad one?  

Did you read the whole article?  Or first paragraph?

He is a small business owner making slim margins.  Yes he has to substitute ingredients.  Maybe use no name brand over brand name.

Instead of being closed minded try comprehending the information in the article.

Not everyone can afford to pay more.

43 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Ya those nasty immigrants that don't speak the Queens English :lol: worthless pieces of shit according to 02sled 

Fuck I remember the Milkman losing his job, should have never happened and should still be used today.   And why aren't  meds delivered by the Drug Store today :dunno:  what has this world come too 

In case you missed the last 50 years,  these businesses are doing fine. Places like McDonalds that built a massive business all with this increase wages to ( 02sled's discribed as ) non speaking english useless people

I wonder how many Parents here didn't speak THE QUEENS ENGLISH when they arrived?  how many have you insulted today with your rants?

You really do have a fertile imagination. But what else is new. So someone without any skills and unable to speak English or French in Canada is worth the same as others who are skilled and able to speak the language. Got it. Typical union approach. Everyone is paid the same no matter how good or bad they are at their job.

The milkman losing their job through evolving demand is vastly different from people losing their job because the employer can't afford to keep them anymore.

You selectively as usual avoid what doesn't fit your agenda. HOW MANY OF THOSE SMALL BUSINESSES WERE FORCED TO CLOSE? HOW MANY PEOPLE BECAME UNEMPLOYED AS A RESULT OF THE CHANGES.

You as always miss the differences and cherry pick just what suits your agenda. There were lots of people who arrived here post war who didn't speak English but one of the very first things they did was learn to speak it. It was a priority. Today they don't really have a focus on that the same. Apparently about 50% of Trudopes rushed in refugees still don't speak English or French. After a year his over 50% of his refugees were still unemployed a year in.

The work ethic was much stronger back then what it is now.

How many people shake their heads over your stupidity on a daily basis.

53 minutes ago, Pt3189 said:

True story from today. An employee who was being paid 13 dollars per hour in December was raised to 14 on January 1. Got in my face and said that on the next pay period that she would like her previous “raise” added on to the new minimum wage. She actually felt entitled to be paid the difference between her previous rate of 13 and the previous minimum of 11.60. Told her I should give everyone 25 dollars an hour and we can close up next month.

She will be the tip of the iceberg. Like I said everyone will expect a comparable raise. If you were earning $13/hr you should also get 22.8% more.  $13 plus $2.96 (22.8% raise) would now be $15.96... then wait until it goes up another $1 next year.

51 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

oh forgot to mention many of these employees had an 800% increase dumb ass 

:bullshit: your math skills are so poor it's unbelievable. 800% raise:lol::lol::nuts2:show me where you get that crap from in the article... oh that's right it isn't. It's from your over fertilized information.

3 minutes ago, Sksman said:

He is a small business owner making slim margins.  Yes he has to substitute ingredients.  Maybe use no name brand over brand name.

Instead of being closed minded try comprehending the information in the article.

The FAKE POST was your comments, not the article 

If you make a lesser product you might end up with an empty restaurant is waht I was saying.  Yes I see many restaurants that have 3/4 empty seats, this has to do with their business and not wages so they will struggle even more it seems.   

Just because you go register a business doesn't make you smart or good at it.  You guys hold every owner as greatest in the world which is simply not true 

9 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Fail has the comprehension skills of a kindergarten kid. You're asking a lot of him.

7 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You really do have a fertile imagination. But what else is new. So someone without any skills and unable to speak English or French in Canada is worth the same as others who are skilled and able to speak the language. Got it. Typical union approach. Everyone is paid the same no matter how good or bad they are at their job.

I will go one at a time with your long winded post

What does you language have to do with cooking?  I will wait 

What does your language have to do with construction of a house?  I will wait 

15 minutes ago, 02sled said:

:bullshit: your math skills are so poor it's unbelievable. 800% raise:lol::lol::nuts2:show me where you get that crap from in the article... oh that's right it isn't. It's from your over fertilized information.

300% for this guy

Hungarian cook in Toronto who earned $35 for a 91-hour week. about 300% for this guy

Women at that time were around 10 cents an hour all of a sudden it was 80 cents an hour.  800% some less of a raise but over 400% 

Construction went up more than 100% to 1.25 an hour

you are not very bright when it comes to percents, like when you say everything goes up 22% now :lol: 

Edited by 1trailmaker

19 minutes ago, 02sled said:

She will be the tip of the iceberg. Like I said everyone will expect a comparable raise. If you were earning $13/hr you should also get 22.8% more.  $13 plus $2.96 (22.8% raise) would now be $15.96... then wait until it goes up another $1 next year.

I assume she is a person of responsibility, there fore should make more than the people below her.  Agree? 

doesn't have to be 22.8% like you love to state, does a guy making 100k now want 122800 :dunno:   don't be stupid  

1 hour ago, Pt3189 said:

is she a good worker you wish to keep at your place of business?  

35 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I will go one at a time with your long winded post

What does you language have to do with cooking?  I will wait 

What does your language have to do with construction of a house?  I will wait 

If you can't communicate with your employer and the people all around you it has a hell of a lot to do with it.

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

If you can't communicate with your employer and the people all around you it has a hell of a lot to do with it.

you have never been on a construction site have you :lol: English was like the 10th in line  language used 

They hired these people because at the time it was allowed to treat them like shit and pay them nothing while bashing them for their language.  

Shut up NIGGER or I will fire you, was okay to say 

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

300% for this guy

Hungarian cook in Toronto who earned $35 for a 91-hour week. about 300% for this guy

Women at that time were around 10 cents an hour all of a sudden it was 80 cents an hour.  800% some less of a raise but over 400% 

Construction went up more than 100% to 1.25 an hour

you are not very bright when it comes to percents, like when you say everything goes up 22% now :lol: 

Do you even read the articles you post or just skim over what suits you

Workers were generally paid between 55 and 73 cents an hour

Women were 10 cents an hour were they. More :bullshit: from your imagination

https://tvo.org/article/current-affairs/shared-values/the-1960s-backlash-over-the-minimum-wage

There's the article Fail.... show me, c'mon show me where it says women were earning 10 cents an hour Fail. It doesn't so you can't. Quit spewing crap that you just make up. The only reference to 10 cents was the cost of a cup of coffee.... proof you don't actually comprehend what is in front of you.

More stupidity from your mind... the only reference to construction workers was what the new minimum would be and that was $1.25. No mention of what it was before is there. It says workers were GENERALLY PAID BETWEEN 55 AND 73 CENTS AN HOUR. YOU WANT TO BET CONSTRUCTION WAS ALREADY GETTING MORE THAN THE GENERAL WORKERS.

Fail you aren't very bright at all on much of anything let alone numbers. I just proved your incompetence at understanding the article you posted. Do you EVER read anything and understand what it actually says. :nuts2::lol:

32 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I assume she is a person of responsibility, there fore should make more than the people below her.  Agree? 

doesn't have to be 22.8% like you love to state, does a guy making 100k now want 122800 :dunno:   don't be stupid  

When you're at the $13/hr level they want that 22%. Just like she said she wanted. Pay attention she wants to make the same amount above minimum she did before the change to minimum.

51 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

The FAKE POST was your comments, not the article 

If you make a lesser product you might end up with an empty restaurant is waht I was saying.  Yes I see many restaurants that have 3/4 empty seats, this has to do with their business and not wages so they will struggle even more it seems.   

Just because you go register a business doesn't make you smart or good at it.  You guys hold every owner as greatest in the world which is simply not true 

Sarcasm Fail.  Sarcasm!

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

you have never been on a construction site have you :lol: English was like the 10th in line  language used 

They hired these people because at the time it was allowed to treat them like shit and pay them nothing while bashing them for their language.  

Shut up NIGGER or I will fire you, was okay to say 

Okay Fail... you were on how many construction sites in the 60's. By the way... more STILL WRONG AGAIN FAIL. The construction back then was dominated by Europeans and a huge contingent were Italian or of Italian descent. Guess what... you want to bet they also spoke English. By the way late 50's early 60's we lived in the heart of Little Italy. The neighbours all spoke English as well.

Shut up NIGGER or I will fire you, was okay to say  :lol: