Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

15 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

I hope to visit your nearby store on day just to see what the big city is like 

lots and I mean lots of them around that far exceed your typical exposure to Tims... the small counter in the Esso gas station. :lol:

46 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

and this is the type of genius we have running the province.... Businesses should consider raising prices to offset wage hike: Ontario labour minister

That's how government does it when they need more money.... they just TAKE more in taxes. Difference is in business your customer has a choice. Government taking you don't have a choice... they just do it. I guess he figures if it works for them it should work in business.

Edited by 02sled

The minimum wage hike is a smoke and mirror, buy more votes and get more tax revenue.  That is it, plain and simple.  Let's raise the minimum wage but raise the prices on product to off set it.  Now we are not any further ahead.  Some are going to be in a different tax bracket now, pay more in taxes and end up making less than they did before the wage hike.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 02sled said:

and this is the type of genius we have running the province.... Businesses should consider raising prices to offset wage hike: Ontario labour minister

Google him. I think he was involved w/ the Royal Botanical Gardens in Hamilton. Doesn't appear to have a lot of private sector experience.

26 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

The minimum wage hike is a smoke and mirror, buy more votes and get more tax revenue.  That is it, plain and simple.  Let's raise the minimum wage but raise the prices on product to off set it.  Now we are not any further ahead.  Some are going to be in a different tax bracket now, pay more in taxes and end up making less than they did before the wage hike.

when raises and huge bonuses are given out does that equate to the same conclusions :dunno:  

So what you are saying is any raise results in a loss of money for an employee?   

:lmao:  funny 

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Protests at several TIMS today,  you get what you ask for sometimes.  The billionaire TIMs relatives have brought the wrong attention to this.

Protest, boycott who is that gonna hurt more?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

no boycott yet

you might be surprised what comes of this, people yelling outside your store can have its consequences

These few owners are not winning today  

And the Tims addicts will be back in the drive thru lineup tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Saw on FB that people were going to boycott Tims by going to McD's.  Makes sense.....Go to the company that is weeding out employess by using kiosk ordering methods

No headlines from Mcdonalds cutting breaks or bennies, no wal-mart, really just a few greedy Tims owners out of 1000's 

The Protest is to get the attention of head office 

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

I am going to bet the public is dropping big tips today at the "I steal your tips TIMs" 

This has to be the biggest greed I have seen in awhile 

I'm sure if it was your Tim's you would be all good with it.

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I am going to bet the public is dropping big tips today at the "I steal your tips TIMs" 

This has to be the biggest greed I have seen in awhile 

Must be a big tip on that morning coffee. Maybe I just haven't seen it but I don't recall seeing anyone in the Tims line leaving a tip.

59 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Must be a big tip on that morning coffee. Maybe I just haven't seen it but I don't recall seeing anyone in the Tims line leaving a tip.

of course you haven't,nor done it - wow who would have guessed.  Most likely never knew about buy a coffee for the person behind you in line either.

It must be true if the owner states he will now take all tips given to employees.

My kids worked at Tims - they had tips divided among the employees.

When coffee (x-large) was under 2 dollars I always gave the change every day year round

I tip the subway workers too

I am going to bet you are the guy yelling at the 16 year old about your order ect.   I see these types often, they need to be punched in the face.

The abuse these employees take from the public is sickening and you are apart of it 

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

of course you haven't,nor done it - wow who would have guessed.  Most likely never knew about buy a coffee for the person behind you in line either.

It must be true if the owner states he will now take all tips given to employees.

My kids worked at Tims - they had tips divided among the employees.

When coffee (x-large) was under 2 dollars I always gave the change every day year round

I tip the subway workers too

I am going to bet you are the guy yelling at the 16 year old about your order ect.   I see these types often, they need to be punched in the face.

The abuse these employees take from the public is sickening and you are apart of it 

You'd lose your bet for sure... nobody gets abused by me. I wouldn't let customers abuse my team and I don't give it out to the people doing their jobs either.