Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

7 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Good for Barrie 

why chose Barrie for the fist time in North America - when its so bad here :dunno:  

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1290833&binId=1.1272429&playlistPageNum=1

Did you pay attention to the video Fail.

His dad lived in Alliston for a year and they have friends there still who recommended the area.

Add to that proximity to the Honda plant. Much cheaper real estate than locating in the GTA for proximity to Ford and GM but still relatively close to their customer base.

You want to bet that Barrie provided some additional incentives. The mayor has always had a platform of bringing business and jobs to Barrie. He has been relatively successful. BMO, IBM and TD have built data centres in Barrie. Why? Because the city gave them huge incentives to do so.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Did you pay attention to the video Fail.

His dad lived in Alliston for a year and they have friends there still who recommended the area.

Add to that proximity to the Honda plant. Much cheaper real estate than locating in the GTA for proximity to Ford and GM but still relatively close to their customer base.

You want to bet that Barrie provided some additional incentives. The mayor has always had a platform of bringing business and jobs to Barrie. He has been relatively successful. BMO, IBM and TD have built data centres in Barrie. Why? Because the city gave them huge incentives to do so.

giphy.gif

53 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

02slow obviously didn't pick up what you were throwing down trailmaker. You should've said Ontario rather than Barrie in your post.

I did pick it up.... but to generalize they selected Ontario would be ridiculous. They didn't select Ontario, they selected Barrie for the already mentioned reasons. Fail continually fails to acknowledge the role a government can play in attracting business. The province is doing a piss poor job of that. Barrie on the other hand is doing a great job, by selling the city and PROVIDING INCENTIVES.

28 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I did pick it up.... but to generalize they selected Ontario would be ridiculous. They didn't select Ontario, they selected Barrie for the already mentioned reasons. Fail continually fails to acknowledge the role a government can play in attracting business. The province is doing a piss poor job of that. Barrie on the other hand is doing a great job, by selling the city and PROVIDING INCENTIVES.

So you saying that the problem actually lies with the municipalities and not the province.  Got it.

2 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

So you saying that the problem actually lies with the municipalities and not the province.  Got it.

No... it's going over your head obviously. The province is doing a piss poor job of attracting business to Ontario. More regulation, more expensive hydro rates and so many other nuances that make it unattractive to do business in Ontario.

The Ontario municipalities face an uphill battle in attracting business thanks to the provincially imposed impediments to a business friendly environment. In this case there seem to be a couple of significant things that countered the negatives the province puts up. The owners of the business have a history linking them to Alliston and area (would include Barrie) and the recommendations of personal friends still living in the area to consider there.

Then comes the Mayor and council of Barrie who entice the business owners to select their city as the site of choice. Just like Amazon is looking for bids as to where to locate their operation this company would be able to ask the city of Barrie... what can you do for me to make me decide your city is the best choice.

Imagine if Barrie waived property taxes for the first ten years. I recall Mississauga commercial property taxes for a comparable size building were just over $50K. That would be a savings to the business of just over $500K. Perhaps the city waived development fees. Further incentive to locate the building there.

– Non-residential, non-retail, industrial - $11.85 per sq ft of gross floor area (GFA),  Another $355.5K in savings to the business owners, Total savings to the business $855.5K or more. Not something to ignore if you're a business owner.

None of that would be thanks to the province. That would be the counter measures used by the city to attract the business in spite of the province.

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

lol what a beat down :lol: 

STILL WRONG AGAIN FAIL... COMPREHENSION CHALLENGES STILL EXIST FOR YOU AND SOME....

The city of Barrie was able to OVERCOME THE NEGATIVE ASPECTS OF DOING BUSINESS IN ONTARIO THAT WERE PUT IN PLACE BY THE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT. IF NOT FOR THE SCREWED UP BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT THE PROVINCE HAS CREATED THE MUNICIPALITIES WOULDN'T HAVE TO WORK NEARLY AS HARD AS THEY DO TO OVERCOME THOSE OBSTACLES AND ATTRACT BUSINESS.

IT NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME HOW YOUR DELUSIONS ALLOW YOU TO BELIEVE YOU ARE RIGHT WHEN YOU ARE SO WRONG :nuts2:

10 minutes ago, 02sled said:

No... it's going over your head obviously. The province is doing a piss poor job of attracting business to Ontario. More regulation, more expensive hydro rates and so many other nuances that make it unattractive to do business in Ontario.

The Ontario municipalities face an uphill battle in attracting business thanks to the provincially imposed impediments to a business friendly environment. In this case there seem to be a couple of significant things that countered the negatives the province puts up. The owners of the business have a history linking them to Alliston and area (would include Barrie) and the recommendations of personal friends still living in the area to consider there.

Then comes the Mayor and council of Barrie who entice the business owners to select their city as the site of choice. Just like Amazon is looking for bids as to where to locate their operation this company would be able to ask the city of Barrie... what can you do for me to make me decide your city is the best choice.

Imagine if Barrie waived property taxes for the first ten years. I recall Mississauga commercial property taxes for a comparable size building were just over $50K. That would be a savings to the business of just over $500K. Perhaps the city waived development fees. Further incentive to locate the building there.

– Non-residential, non-retail, industrial - $11.85 per sq ft of gross floor area (GFA),  Another $355.5K in savings to the business owners, Total savings to the business $855.5K or more. Not something to ignore if you're a business owner.

None of that would be thanks to the province. That would be the counter measures used by the city to attract the business in spite of the province.

:lmao:  aren't they paying Hydro Ontario rates?  :lmao:  

02slow (great nick) Ontario is a great place to do business plain and simple,  This company could have chosen Mexico or lower non union low wage states but they didn't 

For you to say everything is going to be tax  free is fucking funny - according to you Ontario is the most taxed place on earth with horrible regulation to stifle your business.

You are also suggesting that no other place in the world offers incentives :lol:   too funny 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

STILL WRONG AGAIN FAIL... COMPREHENSION CHALLENGES STILL EXIST FOR YOU AND SOME....

The city of Barrie was able to OVERCOME THE NEGATIVE ASPECTS OF DOING BUSINESS IN ONTARIO THAT WERE PUT IN PLACE BY THE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT. IF NOT FOR THE SCREWED UP BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT THE PROVINCE HAS CREATED THE MUNICIPALITIES WOULDN'T HAVE TO WORK NEARLY AS HARD AS THEY DO TO OVERCOME THOSE OBSTACLES AND ATTRACT BUSINESS.

IT NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME HOW YOUR DELUSIONS ALLOW YOU TO BELIEVE YOU ARE RIGHT WHEN YOU ARE SO WRONG :nuts2:

I guess you missed some of the closures in Barrie :dunno:   

Just like under Harper you boosted Canada is #1 but Ontario is a piece of shit,  knowing near half of all people and more than half of all businesses are from Ontario :lmao:  

talk about clued out ONEWAY thinking - Ontario is doing very well today just ask anyone in business for themselves, you are not one of them no matter how much you pretend to be in the cliques 

26 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

02slow (great nick) Ontario is a great place to do business plain and simple,  This company could have chosen Mexico or lower non union low wage states but they didn't 

For you to say everything is going to be tax  free is fucking funny - according to you Ontario is the most taxed place on earth with horrible regulation to stifle your business.

You are also suggesting that no other place in the world offers incentives :lol:   too funny 

Poor poor dumb as a stump Fail continues to show his incompetence in comprehension. For a government employee... notice I didn't say worker because you don't, you just warm a seat you have a piss poor understanding of the differences of what the province controls and the municipalities control.

Amazon is upfront in stating they are looking for incentives and bids from across North America.

To find the perfect location, Amazon is inviting cities and regional economic development organizations in North America to submit a proposal based on a request for proposal (RFP) document it shared online (pdf). The company is asking for an electronic submission as well as five hard copies marked “confidential” to be mailed to its office of economic development in Seattle by Oct. 19.

2. Capital and operating costs. Amazon is prioritizing “stable and business-friendly regulations and tax structure” in its considerations. The company is seeking out incentives from state and local governments “to offset initial capital outlay and ongoing operational costs.” At its Seattle headquarters, Amazon says it invested $3.7 billion in buildings and infrastructure from 2010 to 2017, and spent another $1.4 billion on utilities and maintenance.

3. Incentives. The company is asking applicants to outline the specific types of incentives they could offer, such as tax credits and relocation grants, as well calculations on the amount of total incentives that could be provided. “The initial and ongoing cost of doing business are critical decision drivers,” the RFP states.

Wynnebag has already said she wouldn't offer any incentives for Amazon to locate in Ontario. Overall Wynnebag has made Ontario much less attractive than other jurisdictions. Too bad you're too stupid to understand that the municipal level can easily waive development fees and property taxes for a specific window of time to make it attractive for a business to locate there in lieu of the economic benefit they will bring to the community.

So in the case of the company that announced it will be locating in Barrie I guarantee there were incentives provided by the city. Ever hear of Economic Development Committees.

How many times have you been dropped on your head. Must be a lot. Either that or the extended pot use has really done a number on your cognitive skills.

Edited by 02sled

14 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Poor poor dumb as a stump Fail continues to show his incompetence in comprehension. For a government employee... notice I didn't say worker because you don't, you just warm a seat you have a piss poor understanding of the differences of what the province controls and the municipalities control.

Amazon is upfront in stating they are looking for incentives and bids from across North America.

To find the perfect location, Amazon is inviting cities and regional economic development organizations in North America to submit a proposal based on a request for proposal (RFP) document it shared online (pdf). The company is asking for an electronic submission as well as five hard copies marked “confidential” to be mailed to its office of economic development in Seattle by Oct. 19.

2. Capital and operating costs. Amazon is prioritizing “stable and business-friendly regulations and tax structure” in its considerations. The company is seeking out incentives from state and local governments “to offset initial capital outlay and ongoing operational costs.” At its Seattle headquarters, Amazon says it invested $3.7 billion in buildings and infrastructure from 2010 to 2017, and spent another $1.4 billion on utilities and maintenance.

3. Incentives. The company is asking applicants to outline the specific types of incentives they could offer, such as tax credits and relocation grants, as well calculations on the amount of total incentives that could be provided. “The initial and ongoing cost of doing business are critical decision drivers,” the RFP states.

Wynnebag has already said she wouldn't offer any incentives for Amazon to locate in Ontario. Overall Wynnebag has made Ontario much less attractive than other jurisdictions. Too bad you're too stupid to understand that the municipal level can easily waive development fees and property taxes for a specific window of time to make it attractive for a business to locate there in lieu of the economic benefit they will bring to the community.

So in the case of the company that announced it will be locating in Barrie I guarantee there were incentives provided by the city. Ever hear of Economic Development Committees.

How many times have you been dropped on your head. Must be a lot. Either that or the extended pot use has really done a number on your cognitive skills.

who said incentives are not offered?  

You have stated Ontario is worst in the world to come too, all businesses are leaving 

Now since Trudeau has come to power you are bashing Canada as the same worst in the world to do business, all businesses are leaving 

Its the same posts over and over again - Harper days were so good compared to the growth of today's economy 

BC offered the greenest city to do business in, sounds like more regulations too me 

Vancouver mayor Gregor Robertson continues, saying, “Vancouver’s leading the way with the fastest growing, most resilient and greenest economy in Canada, and companies from all over the world, like Amazon, are moving to Vancouver with well-paying jobs to be a part of our success.”

Hold many distribution centers are in Toronto?

47 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Are they a high electrical user?  They don't seem to be.  What are their margins?

26 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Are they a high electrical user?  They don't seem to be.  What are their margins?

I would think they use quite a bit of hydro 

Margins?  how would I know :dunno:  they have been around for 160 years so I assume very good 

I know you guys hate growth under Liberals but its happening anyway 

Owner has a cottage near you, stop in and get your answers from  him

Edited by 1trailmaker

They don't seem like a big utility user to me and I would think their margins are good.  Those robots will do the work of 10 people :lol:so labour costs are likely very low compered to the product.

In automation but not my field otherwise I would get in touch.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

hopefully Brown runs on getting rid of E-testing 

I wonder what the age breakdown of vehicles on the road in the province is? For several years now, all motor vehicles have a 5 year warranty on emissions systems. I doubt Drive Clean has much to do w/ lowering pollution in the province other than people scrapping cars that fail & can't be cheaply repaired.

I wonder how much fuel is used & emissions produced by Seabiscuit's security detail when they go to the cottage?

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

I wonder what the age breakdown of vehicles on the road in the province is? For several years now, all motor vehicles have a 5 year warranty on emissions systems. I doubt Drive Clean has much to do w/ lowering pollution in the province other than people scrapping cars that fail & can't be cheaply repaired.

I wonder how much fuel is used & emissions produced by Seabiscuit's security detail when they go to the cottage?

loose gas cap, scraip the car

idiotic in todays world