Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

Algonquin is a waste of tax payers money, tear it down and build houses and buildings.

:joint:

Don't give Wynnebag any ideas. She'd sell the provincial parks system to developers in a heartbeat.

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Lol.  Have run into a few new Canadians in Vaughan frantically asking where is the park where they can use their free pass.  Sent them to Boyd.

You should've sent them to Algonquin. When I was up there earlier this spring I saw a few notices that the free national park pass was not valid.

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Lol.  Have run into a few new Canadians in Vaughan frantically asking where is the park where they can use their free pass.  Sent them to Boyd.

Federal parks are free for everyone including you

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Federal parks are free for everyone including you

I know but these dudes were looking for one near #7 and islington and didn't understand what a federal park was.  I mean they went north of Steeles Ave so parks should have been a dime a dozen.

Getting my pass for Banff next month.  Thanks for your tax contribution.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

You should've sent them to Algonquin. When I was up there earlier this spring I saw a few notices that the free national park pass was not valid.

They thought they were close to one already, so we just went with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I know but these dudes were looking for one near #7 and islington and didn't understand what a federal park was.  I mean they went north of Steeles Ave so parks should have been a dime a dozen.

Getting my pass for Banff next month.  Thanks for your tax contribution.

Banff will be good

I know lots of Toronto people that don't even go past hwy7 wilderness lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Banff will be good

I know lots of people transplanted in Barrie and think they live in the north.  And who have never been further north then Orillia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Banff will be good

Injun Country like in the westerns.

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

looks like the Big Duck was a big hit so far bringing in more people to the waterfront festival  in 1 day then any year has done in the 3 days.

W/ the accompanying garbage cleanup.

If a giant rubber duck excites people, whatever. Not my idea of a interesting or fun way to spend an afternoon. I bet Killer was all over it.

20 minutes ago, revrnd said:

W/ the accompanying garbage cleanup.

If a giant rubber duck excites people, whatever. Not my idea of a interesting or fun way to spend an afternoon. I bet Killer was all over it.

pretty sure you aren't suppose to just stand there and look at a duck all  afternoon, have you been to the waterfront lately?

Point is good investment so far.

and Yes WEAK on the garbage removal, but I bet its gone by tonight....  Simple fix is more containers out, not more man power

7 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

pretty sure you aren't suppose to just stand there and look at a duck all  afternoon, have you been to the waterfront lately?

Point is good investment so far.

and Yes WEAK on the garbage removal, but I bet its gone by tonight....  Simple fix is more containers out, not more man power

So you went to that shithole?

18 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

sure, young families love this shit

New to Canada young families. White folk type Canadians prefer real ducks like we get up here in wilderness country(Barrie). I doubt many people from North of 7 went to see the rubber duck. Cheaper just to take a bath if you want to see a rubber duck.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

New to Canada young families. White folk type Canadians prefer real ducks like we get up here in wilderness country(Barrie). I doubt many people from North of 7 went to see the rubber duck. Cheaper just to take a bath if you want to see a rubber duck.

well lets wait until it goes to the Saulte ste Marie later in a week or two and judge the north attendance ,  I am going to bet Midland will be packed in 3 weeks to see ducky.

I see real ducks daily, not a big deal at all to me

The duck audience would prolly go see a fucking floating pickle, as long as it was free.  

Better to offer some free entertainment (live music for example) and build the event around that.  Wasaga just did this, and it was a success. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

well lets wait until it goes to the Saulte ste Marie later in a week or two and judge the north attendance ,  I am going to bet Midland will be packed in 3 weeks to see ducky.

I see real ducks daily, not a big deal at all to me

You let us know how it works out. I'm just a weeee bit too busy to keep track of a floating duck. k

27 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

The duck audience would prolly go see a fucking floating pickle, as long as it was free.  

Better to offer some free entertainment (live music for example) and build the event around that.  Wasaga just did this, and it was a success. 

like the 50+ bands that played?   Like the huge Echo Beach concert?