Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Clearly you are the typical government bureaucrat who does things just for the sake of doing it whether it is required or not. After all you have to keep the union brother employed regardless of whether the task is needed or not. In reality... make work project.

Doing the job you are asked to do in your eyes is a bad employee,  you are clueless.

Watering the tree has nothing to do with UNION BRO's

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

not a clue

When it rains hard for 2 weeks at twice the rate,  that doesn't make the ground wet for the next 2 weeks -  you are not that bright on this subject

You really continue to show your stupidity. I can tell you for a fact that the ground in our neighbourhood is still quite moist as of today and that is going down about 4 feet. I just finished a hole to put in a post. Absolutely no lack of moisture and that is with a massive Maple in the yard to extract a lot more moisture from the ground than the year old tree on the boulevard.

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Doing the job you are asked to do in your eyes is a bad employee,  you are clueless.

Watering the tree has nothing to do with UNION BRO's

So you would have someone out watering the grass during 3 days of torrential rain. What a dumb ass. Didn't say it was a bad employee. It's a dumb ass stupid as a stump government bureaucrat that sends someone out to water the grass during the torrential rain.

You really continue to show your stupidity. I can tell you for a fact that the ground in our neighbourhood is still quite moist as of today and that is going down about 4 feet. I just finished a hole to put in a post. Absolutely no lack of moisture and that is with a massive Maple in the yard to extract a lot more moisture from the ground than the year old tree on the boulevard.

so you now realize that a large well grown tree can and does suck up water at a higher rate than a new tree without a full root system that simply can not get enough water.

keep them coming

I suggest you get help if you have a new tree planted

12 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:

there is care for that too, maybe 02sled can speak on the matter

Hope not.  My dogs destroyed the sod we put in last year and we just put in fake, if it doesn't work it will be hardscape all the way.

Just now, 02sled said:

So you would have someone out watering the grass during 3 days of torrential rain. What a dumb ass. Didn't say it was a bad employee. It's a dumb ass stupid as a stump government bureaucrat that sends someone out to water the grass during the torrential rain.

typically grass is not watered ever, unless its a small important patch in front of a building.  In many cases watering grass isn't a good thing since you really can't put enough water down to soak in more than 1cm, this forces the roots to grow upward to get moisture. 

keep them coming

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Hope not.  My dogs destroyed the sod we put in last year and we just put in fake, if it doesn't work it will be hardscape all the way.

I like that idea, can look really nice if you buy quality and install it correctly.  Ask 0tool for advice

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so you now realize that a large well grown tree can and does suck up water at a higher rate than a new tree without a full root system that simply can not get enough water.

keep them coming

I suggest you get help if you have a new tree planted

I suggest you are in serious need of help in getting in touch with reality. You're right a large tree does suck up water. In this case a tree with a trunk that has about a 65 inch circumference. Guess what. The soil all around it is still moist 4 feet down. You not only are lousy with finance you obviously don't understand absorption and saturation. Saturated soil doesn't absorb water well and the 30 second squirt from the water truck would have been run off rather than absorbed and the amount dispersed from a hose in 30 seconds wouldn't make a difference.

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I like that idea, can look really nice if you buy quality and install it correctly.  Ask 0tool for advice

Just took this earlier today.  More work to be done, but.

Little piglet in the bottom the left is the main culprit.

593f0a9081853_2017-06-1217_25_27.thumb.jpg.8074df8c6bf52bec7582ef5e21b65a0f.jpg

I suggest you are in serious need of help in getting in touch with reality. You're right a large tree does suck up water. In this case a tree with a trunk that has about a 65 inch circumference. Guess what. The soil all around it is still moist 4 feet down. You not only are lousy with finance you obviously don't understand absorption and saturation. Saturated soil doesn't absorb water well and the 30 second squirt from the water truck would have been run off rather than absorbed and the amount dispersed from a hose in 30 seconds wouldn't make a difference.

I suggest calling 311 with your concerns, posting here isn't helping.

Just to clear up something - saturated and moist are not the same thing.

moist or wet ground does indeed soak up water faster, dry soil doesn't soak water up very well. 

Now go outside and place a bucket on the ground, run the hose for 30 seconds.  How much water in that bucket?  now empty that bucket and wait for rain and let me know how many hours of rain it takes to even the 2 buckets out?   I can't wait for your conclusions

• Like 1

Poor Fail gets real defensive when the incompetence of government bureaucrats is pointed out since he's one of them. As usual he is still only doing a part time job while collecting a full time pay cheque with LOTS of time in the "work" day to spend on here

5 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

I don't think so

This business is with in its rights since there is nudity..... 

Don't be so sure about that.  I feel bad for the owner(s) as I am quite sure the majority will stop going if they allow this to happen, then they might get put out of business regardless.

Now why couldn't it be a club for men only.  I'm sure the plump jolly old fellows sweating it out in the sauna would have no issue with a nude good looking chic who thinks she's a he joining them.

7 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

I don't think so

This business is with in its rights since there is nudity..... 

I was being facetious. Maybe the media should ask the CURRENT clientele what they would think of a person who is PHYSICALLY a male in the spa? If there is such a perceived demand for this kind of business in the LGBT community maybe someone can start their own trans-friendly business.

Edited by revrnd

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

I was being facetious. Maybe the media should ask the CURRENT clientele what they would think of a person who is PHYSICALLY a male in the spa? If there is such a perceived demand for this kind of business in the LGBT community maybe someone can start their own trans-friendly business.

Its called a nudist camp.

How did the court case where the Sikh fellow was trying to ride his motorcycle w/o a helmet? I'm surprised the same thing has happened w/ sledding.

I'm offended by the current Intact Insurance TV ad (MMDL). The guy's wife pats him on the butt, shown twice, once in slow motion. Imagine if it was the guy doing the same to his wife? The do-gooders & usual suspects would be all over that wanting people to boycott Intact for their sexist advertising.

Then there was the story a few years ago in Florida where some guy in a wheelchair took a strip joint to court because it wasn't wheelchair accessible. I don't think the lawmakers that wrote the The Americans with Disabilities Act had that in mind.

12 minutes ago, revrnd said:

How did the court case where the Sikh fellow was trying to ride his motorcycle w/o a helmet? I'm surprised the same thing has happened w/ sledding.

I'm offended by the current Intact Insurance TV ad (MMDL). The guy's wife pats him on the butt, shown twice, once in slow motion. Imagine if it was the guy doing the same to his wife? The do-gooders & usual suspects would be all over that wanting people to boycott Intact for their sexist advertising.

Then there was the story a few years ago in Florida where some guy in a wheelchair took a strip joint to court because it wasn't wheelchair accessible. I don't think the lawmakers that wrote the The Americans with Disabilities Act had that in mind.

The Sikh and a motorcycle helmet lost. The judge ruled that riding a motorcycle is a privilege with a licence and helmet required and not a right. As a privilege and not a right people can be denied the privilege of riding a motorcycle. But that was quite some time ago and the climate has changed even more towards the must not offend camp.

Edited by 02sled

27 minutes ago, revrnd said:

This type of ad is happening often

Men are not offended so it will continue, if Men make a big stink about the ad it would be removed.......

removed do to 02sled complaint

7cc288950f0f2ef71ac856c199822b14.png

hmmmmm

fda120.jpg

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

This type of ad is happening often

Men are not offended so it will continue, if Men make a big stink about the ad it would be removed.......

removed do to 02sled complaint

7cc288950f0f2ef71ac856c199822b14.png

hmmmmm

fda120.jpg

Is that 1st ad for coffee or kitchen appliances? LOL