Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

JT is giving Canadians little reason to invest in Canada.  Any changes he has made have not been pro business and yes there have been ways to avoid his implications.  Its pretty sad when businesses concentrate more on how to avoid tax issues than focusing on their core business.

Maybe some day you might understand it.

since you can't answer what he has done, tell me what he should do

tax break is a given

10 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

since you can't answer what he has done, tell me what he should do

tax break is a given

I'll let you figure it out.

The one silver lining is our dollar is expected to drop to under 0.58 by 2021.  

Sunny ways.:lol:

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'll let you figure it out.

The one silver lining is our dollar is expected to drop to under 0.58 by 2021.  

Sunny ways.:lol:

so you don't know what he has done nor what he should do :dunno: okay good enough.

0.58 dollar? you are giving Donny alot of credit for greatness

Markets sure are doing well since Donald took over.... My portfolio has gone up 3.6% in the last month alone. Sure hasn't got anything to do with Trudope.

What can Trudope do? Create an environment that is friendly and welcoming to business investment. Forget the "we will grow from the heart BS"

30 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so you don't know what he has done nor what he should do :dunno: okay good enough.

0.58 dollar? you are giving Donny alot of credit for greatness

Are you gonna blame Trudeau for it when it happens.

Great for Canadian exporters, maybe thats his goal.:lol:

24 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Markets sure are doing well since Donald took over.... My portfolio has gone up 3.6% in the last month alone. Sure hasn't got anything to do with Trudope.

What can Trudope do? Create an environment that is friendly and welcoming to business investment. Forget the "we will grow from the heart BS"

so did he destroy our friendly environment?  tell me how

or was it not friendly under Harper and we need a change

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Are you gonna blame Trudeau for it when it happens.

Great for Canadian exporters, maybe thats his goal.:lol:

sure, its his watch

but  you said a good government creates a very low dollar, the lower the better the government.  Will you credit him?

Edited by 1trailmaker

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so did he destroy our friendly environment?  tell me how

or was it not friendly under Harper and we need a change

One of the biggest hits to the economy which is not yet fully manifested is the cap & trade. It will impact every business and every consumer. He even took his own ministers by surprise when he mandated the provinces implement one by 2018 or he will do it for them. When the Saskatchewan premier asked him if he had done an economic impact study his answer was a fast and simple No. As easily as he mandated the provinces have a cap & trade tax he could have mandated they NOT have a cap & trade tax. It's like he woke up one morning and said I think this is a good idea... let's do it without thinking about it.

That alone will send businesses that have the option south of the border where the business environment is becoming more friendly rather than less.

14 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

sure, its his watch

but  you said a good government creates a very low dollar, the lower the better the government.  Will you credit him?

A lower $CAD helps me.  The $0.66 dollar under side of mouth were good times.

Sure I'll credit him, Go Trudeau.  :canadaflag:

Can we get $0.60.

11 minutes ago, 02sled said:

One of the biggest hits to the economy which is not yet fully manifested is the cap & trade. It will impact every business and every consumer. He even took his own ministers by surprise when he mandated the provinces implement one by 2018 or he will do it for them. When the Saskatchewan premier asked him if he had done an economic impact study his answer was a fast and simple No. As easily as he mandated the provinces have a cap & trade tax he could have mandated they NOT have a cap & trade tax. It's like he woke up one morning and said I think this is a good idea... let's do it without thinking about it.

That alone will send businesses that have the option south of the border where the business environment is becoming more friendly rather than less.

Lower business and personal taxes are somehow bad for the economy.

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

so he hasn't done anything yet :dunno:

my how times have changed NOT

"I think you would agree with me that encouraging businesses and individuals to change behaviour requires appropriate price signals," a briefing note, which outlines "points to register" with the Alberta government, reads.

"We believe that a carefully designed cap-and-trade system will send the appropriate price signals to encourage changes and ultimately help reduce emissions."

Cap-and-trade is designed to force businesses that produce greenhouse gas-causing emissions to find efficiencies.

The system would put limits on the amount companies are able to pollute. Those that are over the limit would then have to buy credits from those who are under.

The documents were prepared by bureaucrats with Environment Canada, the federal department responsible for climate change policy, and obtained by The Canadian Press under the Access to Information Act.

The federal Conservatives once supported a national cap-and-trade system but have since taken a different tack.

"Canada's climate change plan is to reduce emissions through a sector-by-sector regulatory approach, not through cap-and-trade," Environment Canada spokesman Mark Johnson said in an email.

This sector-by-sector approach includes working towards bringing in "tighter standards" for cars and light trucks manufactured after 2017 and regulating coal-fired electricity generation, he said.

Johnson did not directly respond to questions about the 2009 meeting and declined a request for an interview.

Prentice evidently failed to convince the Alberta government to participate, as it has yet to agree to a national cap-and-trade system.

I HEARD NOTHING FROM YOU GUYS ON THE CONSERVATIVES CAP AND TRADE

B.C. has had cap and trade system for 9 years - Quebec and Ontario have it too  before Trudeau said so = Trudeau has done nothing - 

You and AC claim Trudeau has destroyed the business environment but can't really name one thing he has done,  typical from the people that boost Conservatives records of economics (which are pretty much a failure)

Is your idea to just let businesses pollute as they wish?  Similar to the USA new policies of go for it :dunno:  I am not a fan of these costs but the cleaner air we have today I do enjoy, zero smog days are a great thing. 

keep digging you might find something Trudeau has done, according to you guys its been lots of negatives.  So Name some

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Lower business and personal taxes are somehow bad for the economy.

02sled said that exact thing about personal tax cuts - go figure first cuts since Harpers first year (very small cut), and I believe business taxes went down AGAIN

such horrible government

28 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

02sled said that exact thing about personal tax cuts - go figure first cuts since Harpers first year (very small cut), and I believe business taxes went down AGAIN

such horrible government

No they haven't.  This is the tax rate on new investment.

FP0224_TaxRates_C_MF

canada-corporate-tax-rate.png?s=cancorpt

As of January 1, 2016, the small business deduction provides for a 10.5% federal tax rate on a CCPC’s ABI. Prior to 2016, the rate was 11%. The previous government had enacted further decreases to this rate (to 9% by 2019). However, the new government’s 2016 federal budget proposed to retain the 10.5% rate for 2016 and subsequent tax years. This proposal was enacted in June 2016.

:dunno:

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

canada-corporate-tax-rate.png?s=cancorpt

As of January 1, 2016, the small business deduction provides for a 10.5% federal tax rate on a CCPC’s ABI. Prior to 2016, the rate was 11%. The previous government had enacted further decreases to this rate (to 9% by 2019). However, the new government’s 2016 federal budget proposed to retain the 10.5% rate for 2016 and subsequent tax years. This proposal was enacted in June 2016.

:dunno:

New investment.  You wondered why its low.

Politically correct in overdrive. And people wonder why, possibly too late some are starting to push back on all this politically correct, multicultural, adaptation to ensure that immigrants aren't upset or offended.

This poor man came to Canada from Nigeria 22 years ago in hopes of building a better life for his family.

After almost a quarter century of being a law-abiding, hard-working member of society, he never imagined his adopted country would label him a human rights violator and order him to pay $12,000 in compensation to his Muslim tenants.

“I was humiliated, I was made to feel I have no rights, I was made to feel that I’m not wanted in society,” says John Alabi, 52. “I feel powerless. They rented my place for only two months. Two months! It’s just not fair,”

The small landlord came forward to explain his position after the Sun told his shocking story last week: The Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario found he failed to accommodate the religious needs of Walid Madkour and Heba Ismail by not giving them more than the legal 24-hour notice before showing the apartment and by failing to remove his shoes when he entered the bedroom they used to pray.

Now the travel agent is on the hook for money he doesn’t have to pay tenants who were in his home for only two months. And he doesn’t feel he did anything wrong.

For 15 years Alabi rented the in-law suite in his home to help pay his mortgage. A tenant’s religion wasn’t important to him.

“I go beyond all that. I just see everybody as human beings like me. That’s why I took them in,” he says. “We got along. And then all of a sudden I’m a racist?”

After they gave notice in February 2015, Alabi says he bent over backwards to accommodate the Egyptian-born couple in booking acceptable times to show their apartment to prospective new tenants. At first, Madkour tried to argue that the landlord couldn’t show the unit when his wife was home. Alabi explained that with 24 hours notice, the law gave him the authority to enter even if she was there.

They called the police, claiming that his shovelling snow outside their apartment was harassment. The officers confirmed that Alabi was legally allowed to show their unit when they were there. That’s when they suddenly raised the religion issue, he says, and told him he couldn’t enter during their prayer times. He agreed.

That still wasn’t enough, Alabi says.

In addition to the 24-hour notice, and the prayer times, they also wanted him to text in advance. But when he texted them, they didn’t reply - so he stopped.

And then there was the issue of removing his shoes. At the tribunal, the couple said they prayed in their bedroom and the floor had to remain clean. Yet Alabi claims the couple never had a problem before when he wore his shoes to make repairs in the apartment. And he wasn’t wearing outside shoes, but the shoes he wore in his own home. He’d come around to their apartment wearing rubbers over them and then take them off at the door. For that, he was accused of being racist.

“I have been victimized,” Alabi says. “They are using their religion to victimize me.”

The tenants waited eight months before filing their grievance with the human rights tribunal, where they receive free representation. They even searched his Facebook page and found a joke they considered offensive to bolster their case. The tribunal agreed he harassed them and failed in his duty to accommodate their religious needs - and awarded them $6,000 each - plus interest.

“What about my rights?” asks the father of three, who has since sold the house. “What about my rights to show my place so I could rent it and put food on the table for my family?”

He doesn’t know what to do.

“I don’t have the money. I work very hard. If they go into my bank account right now, I don’t have $12,000 there,” says Alabi, who lost thousands of dollars in legal fees and time off work.

“It has just shattered me. I am broken. I am broken.”

Broken and disillusioned.

“For the first time in my 20-something years in Canada, I am sorry that I came to this country.”

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Politically correct in overdrive. And people wonder why, possibly too late some are starting to push back on all this politically correct, multicultural, adaptation to ensure that immigrants aren't upset or offended.

This poor man came to Canada from Nigeria 22 years ago in hopes of building a better life for his family.

After almost a quarter century of being a law-abiding, hard-working member of society, he never imagined his adopted country would label him a human rights violator and order him to pay $12,000 in compensation to his Muslim tenants.

“I was humiliated, I was made to feel I have no rights, I was made to feel that I’m not wanted in society,” says John Alabi, 52. “I feel powerless. They rented my place for only two months. Two months! It’s just not fair,”

The small landlord came forward to explain his position after the Sun told his shocking story last week: The Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario found he failed to accommodate the religious needs of Walid Madkour and Heba Ismail by not giving them more than the legal 24-hour notice before showing the apartment and by failing to remove his shoes when he entered the bedroom they used to pray.

Now the travel agent is on the hook for money he doesn’t have to pay tenants who were in his home for only two months. And he doesn’t feel he did anything wrong.

For 15 years Alabi rented the in-law suite in his home to help pay his mortgage. A tenant’s religion wasn’t important to him.

“I go beyond all that. I just see everybody as human beings like me. That’s why I took them in,” he says. “We got along. And then all of a sudden I’m a racist?”

After they gave notice in February 2015, Alabi says he bent over backwards to accommodate the Egyptian-born couple in booking acceptable times to show their apartment to prospective new tenants. At first, Madkour tried to argue that the landlord couldn’t show the unit when his wife was home. Alabi explained that with 24 hours notice, the law gave him the authority to enter even if she was there.

They called the police, claiming that his shovelling snow outside their apartment was harassment. The officers confirmed that Alabi was legally allowed to show their unit when they were there. That’s when they suddenly raised the religion issue, he says, and told him he couldn’t enter during their prayer times. He agreed.

That still wasn’t enough, Alabi says.

In addition to the 24-hour notice, and the prayer times, they also wanted him to text in advance. But when he texted them, they didn’t reply - so he stopped.

And then there was the issue of removing his shoes. At the tribunal, the couple said they prayed in their bedroom and the floor had to remain clean. Yet Alabi claims the couple never had a problem before when he wore his shoes to make repairs in the apartment. And he wasn’t wearing outside shoes, but the shoes he wore in his own home. He’d come around to their apartment wearing rubbers over them and then take them off at the door. For that, he was accused of being racist.

“I have been victimized,” Alabi says. “They are using their religion to victimize me.”

The tenants waited eight months before filing their grievance with the human rights tribunal, where they receive free representation. They even searched his Facebook page and found a joke they considered offensive to bolster their case. The tribunal agreed he harassed them and failed in his duty to accommodate their religious needs - and awarded them $6,000 each - plus interest.

“What about my rights?” asks the father of three, who has since sold the house. “What about my rights to show my place so I could rent it and put food on the table for my family?”

He doesn’t know what to do.

“I don’t have the money. I work very hard. If they go into my bank account right now, I don’t have $12,000 there,” says Alabi, who lost thousands of dollars in legal fees and time off work.

“It has just shattered me. I am broken. I am broken.”

Broken and disillusioned.

“For the first time in my 20-something years in Canada, I am sorry that I came to this country.”

He is sorry he came here?  then go back to your great country.

I would like to hear the entire story on this, any court docs we can read?

interesting, we know that this being reported because it involves a Muslim.  the 100's of other cases go unnoticed and no one cares.

Just think all this guy had to do was take off his shoes and none of this would have happened.  If I enter someone's home I tend to do what they ask, being taking my shoes off or whatever.  Even if it was 02sled's place I would follow the rules set out by him.

Who disagrees?

are we concerned with the Tim Hortons cashier getting 35k for discrimination firing :dunno:  of course not

Edited by 1trailmaker

There is nothing wrong with hard working immigrants, not all of them expect Syria refugee style hand outs.

Really.. we are all immigrants and most of our grand parents or parents worked hard for us to have the luxuries we do.

Just think all this guy had to do was take off his shoes and none of this would have happened.  If I enter someone's home I tend to do what they ask, being taking my shoes off or whatever.  Even if it was 02sled's place I would follow the rules set out by him.

If you read the Toronto sun article it says he was in the apartment(and that room specifically - remember its his home) multiple times with his shoes on for repairs etc.. with no issues.

Specifically right here:

Edited by steve6

17 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

interesting, we know that this being reported because it involves a Muslim.  the 100's of other cases go unnoticed and no one cares.

Who disagrees?

are we concerned with the Tim Hortons cashier getting 35k for discrimination firing :dunno:  of course not

Condemning this man that followed the law and even went beyond to accommodate is sickening. The human rights tribunal is a kangaroo court that should not even exist. It is completely arbitrary and basis decisions on emotion. It is the go to place for minorities to score cash. Take a look at the judgment history of this tribunal and you will puke if you have one once of common sense.

39 minutes ago, steve6 said:

If you read the Toronto sun article it says he was in the apartment(and that room specifically - remember its his home) multiple times with his shoes on for repairs etc.. with no issues.

Specifically right here:

He never repaired anything in the bedroom, this was the only room he asked him no to wear  his shoes. 

read the court docs, some info was left out of the Sun article.

This is a rented spot, it is not his home once its rented.

It's not a court where it's a matter of following the law. It's the Ontario Human Rights Commission.

55 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Who disagrees?

If its my place I take my shoes off as an example of respect and what I want others to do as well.  When I owned rentals those who did not got put on the list.

If this story has merit, its absolute horseshit.