Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Your just afraid someone will identify you on the sunshine list and realize what they already know... you're grossly overpaid and underworked. My level of concern for what government pays on contracts is related to the knowledge that they piss money away at a level that would get anyone in private business fired and out the door faster than shit through a goose.

Wrong again dumb as a stump, I don't drool over the sunshine list but you sure have a lot of butt hurt over the fact it is published and those paying the salaries have visibility to what they are paying for. $144K for handing out parking tickets.... just an example.

And yes you have to pay for the information under the Freedom of Information Act. Likely a nominal fee to deter morons from clogging the system with BS requests. A whole $5.

Keep spewing the :bullshit:

so you have no idea what that bridge cost? but do know what the parking ticket guy made

you seem informed keep up the good work

19 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so you have no idea what that bridge cost? but do know what the parking ticket guy made

you seem informed keep up the good work

dumb as a stump... keep up the stupidity... the guy giving out parking tickets for $144K last year was in the Star article you posted the link to. Too bad you don't as usual even bother to read the links you post up.

You're the one who asked what the bridge will cost... like I said send me the $5 and I will submit the request for you... put up or STFU

Keep the stupidity coming.

Edited by 02sled

10 minutes ago, 02sled said:

dumb as a stump... keep up the stupidity... the guy giving out parking tickets for $144K last year was in the Star article you posted the link to. Too bad you don't as usual even bother to read the links you post up.

You're the one who asked what the bridge will cost... like I said send me the $5 and I will submit the request for you... put up or STFU

Keep the stupidity coming.

Cliff send me your address so I can make sure I have the correct one and I will send you the money

22 hours ago, revrnd said:

Irv, you kind of answered a question I had, but I'll ask it anyways. How often is the OT involved for manpower shortage coverage rather than 'project' work over and above a 40 hour week?

An example (on a 3 8 hour shift day). Al on 3rd shift is off for holidays and since there is no extra manpower on the 3rd shift, management goes down the afternoon OT list to find a person stay an extra 4 hours each day to cover the 1st half of Al's shift. Then they go down the day shift OT list to find a person to come in early each day to cover the 2nd half of Al's shift.

I got asked this nonsense all the time, but was never interested.

And like someone else posted, lineworkers work a gazillion hours OT chasing storm damage all over the province. I've seen them working during not after a freezing rain event clearing limbs down the street from me 1 morning @ 6:30 AM. Those guys deserve every cent they make. The complainers would likely have called their boss that morning to say they couldn't make it in to the office because of the weather.

O2, another way to look @ your GO train comment. I bet there are folks that grumble about the 1M a klick cost for the 69 4 laning project. "i'll never drive on it...." 

I haven't worked shift in quite a few years, Revrnd, but that does happen due to manpower shortages quite often. Same thing happens quite often for ERO, ERM and operations staff after they have worked a 12 hr shift. Heard about many having to stay later than that due to man to man relieve shortages.

It's a real mess after outages when people are being denied their vacations after working outage hours (6 10's, 4 12's plus O.T, week-ends, afternoons, nights) for the last 3 months, and they wonder why sick calls are at an all time high! :wall:

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:04 PM, revrnd said:

Probably cheaper to buy hydro from Ontario.

Queerbec sells it cheap as well, but unfortunately, that cheap price isn,t passed on to us in Ontario. However, they practically give it away to the USA. The sooner that carpet muncher is out of here, the better, and she can take trudope with her. What a disaster we have here in Ontario.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Queerbec sells it cheap as well, but unfortunately, that cheap price isn,t passed on to us in Ontario. However, they practically give it away to the USA. The sooner that carpet muncher is out of here, the better, and she can take trudope with her. What a disaster we have here in Ontario.

we need to go back to subsidized rates like our parents had since day 1 ( that we are paying for now)

getting rid of wynne will not change any of this and Ontario is and always will be the economic center of Canada

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

we need to go back to subsidized rates like our parents had since day 1 ( that we are paying for now)

getting rid of wynne will not change any of this and Ontario is and always will be the economic center of Canada

getting rid of Wynne will stop the insanity and the damage she keeps doing to the province and the people of Ontario... get ready for a healthy raise fail as she tries to buy the government employees votes and save her job. Teachers just got 4% I believe.

30 minutes ago, 02sled said:

getting rid of Wynne will stop the insanity and the damage she keeps doing to the province and the people of Ontario... get ready for a healthy raise fail as she tries to buy the government employees votes and save her job. Teachers just got 4% I believe.

no doubt but don't forget those employees are a small percent of the voters,  they may turn out more than others but still small amount of voters.

I don't think 4% is too much considering the freeze from 2012-2016, housing and bills are up way more than that.  All workers need raises and should get them but of course people like you will fight against all raises. 

Your indexed pension has gone up 10% since 2012 at very least

Have no worries she will be gone by vote or by dropping out

Hydro will be expensive

and our debt will grow

nothing will change except maybe cutting some programs

Edited by 1trailmaker

47 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

no doubt but don't forget those employees are a small percent of the voters,  they may turn out more than others but still small amount of voters.

I don't think 4% is too much considering the freeze from 2012-2016, housing and bills are up way more than that.  All workers need raises and should get them but of course people like you will fight against all raises. 

Hydro will be expensive

and our debt will grow

Sorry Fail but my pension isn't a government pension and nowhere near as generous... just like other private company pensions. Government are already overpaid in comparison to the comparable job in private business. Freezing government pay would just bring them a bit closer to parity if those in private business were getting raises which many have not been.

Teachers are already extremely well paid for the amount of work they actually do. They have nothing to complain about.

As for Wynnebag... she maintains she was given a job to do and will see it through. She will be in the next election according to her.

Edited by 02sled

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Sorry Fail but my pension isn't a government pension and nowhere near as generous... just like other private company pensions. Government are already overpaid in comparison to the comparable job in private business. Freezing government pay would just bring them a bit closer to parity if those in private business were getting raises which many have not been.

Teachers are already extremely well paid for the amount of work they actually do. They have nothing to complain about.

keep the fight for lower wages going its what you do best

I don't believe you that your pension isn't indexed

26 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Hydro will be expensive

and our debt will grow

What freeze?  

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What freeze?  

just more from the Fail imagination

2015 Ontario’s elementary teachers will receive $600,000 in additional professional development funding, raises and more vigilance from the province to make sure school boards are adhering to class size caps

The Ontario government has promised its public elementary schoolteachers a roughly 2-per-cent salary hike, and won’t rule out further wage increases in the next round of bargaining.The salary increase would take effect in September, 2014, after the current contract expires, and will cost the treasury $112-million every year. Education Minister Liz Sandals also left the door open to further pay increases

31 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

keep the fight for lower wages going its what you do best

I don't believe you that your pension isn't indexed

wrong again as usual.... what I support is

wages based upon market value (supply and demand) if there is a shortage of mechanics the employers will pay more as they compete for the employees. If there is a surplus the employees will compete for the jobs

a meritocracy where people are paid within an employer based on their skills, their work ethic and productivity rather than everyone being paid the same, including those that should be fired or just do enough to stay employed. This breads an environment of slackers where there isn't any incentive to excel.

10 minutes ago, 02sled said:

just more from the Fail imagination

2015 Ontario’s elementary teachers will receive $600,000 in additional professional development funding, raises and more vigilance from the province to make sure school boards are adhering to class size caps

The Ontario government has promised its public elementary schoolteachers a roughly 2-per-cent salary hike, and won’t rule out further wage increases in the next round of bargaining.The salary increase would take effect in September, 2014, after the current contract expires, and will cost the treasury $112-million every year. Education Minister Liz Sandals also left the door open to further pay increases

you need to read the entire deal made and why

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

wrong again as usual.... what I support is

wages based upon market value (supply and demand) if there is a shortage of mechanics the employers will pay more as they compete for the employees. If there is a surplus the employees will compete for the jobs

a meritocracy where people are paid within an employer based on their skills, their work ethic and productivity rather than everyone being paid the same, including those that should be fired or just do enough to stay employed. This breads an environment of slackers where there isn't any incentive to excel.

there will never be a shortage of workers again period.   We have plenty of people willing to work for less and even more businesses willing to hire for less.  That is the reason wages are stagnate for the past decade.  

:lmao: market value :lmao:   and who sets that value?  and when, right now we are at record market values according to the stock market so where are the raises :lmao: 

too funny

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

the one 90% of employees have :dunno:   don't even try dude you will lose

The teachers who are my wife's friends, 5 of them  don't know anything about the wage freeze you're claiming they had from 2012 to 2016. The one thing they are all unhappy about is they believe they need more PD days. I showed the 2014 and 2015 increases.

Edited by 02sled

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

The teachers who are my wife's friends, 5 of them  don't know anything about the wage freeze you're claiming they had from 2012 to 2016. The one thing they are all unhappy about is they believe they need more PD days. I showed the 2014 and 2015 increases.

yes read why and stop posting before  you know why - these are Elementary teachers correct? keep reading 

Its all public knowledge so go look it up and see, its that easy

14 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

the one 90% of employees have :dunno:   don't even try dude you will lose

We didn't.  Thats all I care about.

5 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Most of those duds wouldn't know how to read a pay stub.:lol:

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

there will never be a shortage of workers again period.   We have plenty of people willing to work for less and even more businesses willing to hire for less.  That is the reason wages are stagnate for the past decade.  

:lmao: market value :lmao:   and who sets that value?  and when, right now we are at record market values according to the stock market so where are the raises :lmao: 

too funny

Poor poor Fail. Yup there will always be a surplus of unskilled labour. The guy working the gas bar, mopping the floor things like that. Those with useful educations and skills will see fluctuating demand. By useful education that kind of excludes the degree in history or English. That's only useful if you want to be a teacher. Market value is the job market fool. Not the stock market. What an idiot.

Are there more class A mechanics than jobs? Yes. The raises won't be large as they compete for the jobs that are available.

Are there more jobs available than class A mechanics to fill them? Yes... the employers will keep offering more money to get the mechanics to work for them rather than someone else.

What part of that don't you understand?

The market value is set just like anything else... what someone is willing to pay in order to get the product or service they want. Maybe one day before you leave this world you will understand supply and demand.

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

yes read why and stop posting before  you know why - these are Elementary teachers correct? keep reading 

Its all public knowledge so go look it up and see, its that easy

22 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

you need to read the entire deal made and why

Poor Fail strikes again - 2015 Toronto Secondary school teachers and a lump sum payment

https://www.thestar.com/yourtoronto/education/2015/08/22/ontario-high-school-teachers-to-get-increase-in-pay-not-class-size.html

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/22/ontario-secondary-school-teachers-to-get-raise-lump-sum-payment-briefing

2012 the province made restrictions but the teachers still got increases based upon their progression along the years of experience scale

Annual starting salary for a new teacher at lowest and highest pay rates: $45,709, $55,404. Salary for a teacher with more than 10 years of service at the lowest and highest pay rates: $76,021, $94,707. (Teachers can reach the top pay scale 10 years after starting their careers. Within each pay scale there are four groups, which are based on teachers’ education and extra training, as well as years of experience. The pay raises based on years of teaching have taken effect automatically on Sept. 1. In Bill 115, the government has imposed a delay to Feb. 1

None of those automatic raises were stopped.

30 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lmao:market value :lmao:   and who sets that value?  and when, right now we are at record market values according to the stock market so where are the raises :lmao: 

too funny

I have to make my own bed just like most I know.  Why do keep referring to something you are not a part of?  If was working for a company making record profits year after year, I would expect to be compensated and could care less about others trying to leech off us.  

20 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Poor Fail strikes again - 2015 Toronto Secondary school teachers and a lump sum payment

https://www.thestar.com/yourtoronto/education/2015/08/22/ontario-high-school-teachers-to-get-increase-in-pay-not-class-size.html

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/22/ontario-secondary-school-teachers-to-get-raise-lump-sum-payment-briefing

2012 the province made restrictions but the teachers still got increases based upon their progression along the years of experience scale

Annual starting salary for a new teacher at lowest and highest pay rates: $45,709, $55,404. Salary for a teacher with more than 10 years of service at the lowest and highest pay rates: $76,021, $94,707. (Teachers can reach the top pay scale 10 years after starting their careers. Within each pay scale there are four groups, which are based on teachers’ education and extra training, as well as years of experience. The pay raises based on years of teaching have taken effect automatically on Sept. 1. In Bill 115, the government has imposed a delay to Feb. 1

None of those automatic raises were stopped.

and why would they be?  50k to teacher is hardly good pay

The briefing says the teachers will get a one-per-cent lump sum payment for the upcoming school year and a one-per-cent raise as of Sept. 1, 2016

There are 500k workers that know what they got

keep up the fight

Edited by 1trailmaker

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I have to make my own bed just like most I know.  Why do keep referring to something you are not a part of?  If was working for a company making record profits year after year, I would expect to be compensated and could care less about others trying to leech off us.  

That is the problem workers are not seeing any of that and won't be any time soon "in this economy" is still alive and well

26 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

and why would they be?  50k to teacher is hardly good pay

The briefing says the teachers will get a one-per-cent lump sum payment for the upcoming school year and a one-per-cent raise as of Sept. 1, 2016

There are 500k workers that know what they got

keep up the fight

Give your head a shake Fail. $50K a year as a starting salary straight out of school is more than reasonable. Especially when you look at all the time off and the few hours they actually work compared to a job in the private world.  Then each year over the next 9 they progress to $95K and that was about 5 years ago. There are a bunch of elementary school teachers now on the Sunshine List.

Don't forget those 2% raises are to the pay grid aligned to how long they sit in the chair. So they get the automatic increase associated with being in the job for another year PLUS whatever % the province applies to all the levels along that grid. If the province says they get 2% that means the grid values went up 2% but sitting in the chair for a year gets them the 2% and more.