Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

There'll be an increase in the sunshine flu this spring... sun is shining and I'm going to use one of my two days to play golf because I get paid for it. I'll be back in tomorrow though with a bit of a red face from the sun and feeling fine. If I didn't get paid for the day... I'd think real hard about how badly I wanted to play golf that day or go into work.

For the small business with say 8 employees, having 2 of them (25% of the work force) off is a big impact to productivity and the ability to do the days work.

8 employees, boss gets them together explains the law of sick time.  Lets work together so not to fuck over other employees or workplace...  

Let us know in advance (almost schedule their days off) treat them like holidays or something.   In the end it will benefit everyone including the owners.

I am betting most places could work this out with out much trouble 

or just be a cunt and have your staff all fuck off on the same Friday 

Fact is people do get sick, this isn't new

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I like your example - it won't work out for the employee down the road as he won't get hired with his employment record, but it would be good while it lasts 

I think if you have a good employee that works hard year after year, paying them a day off shouldn't be too much of an issue 

If the job is shit or the boss is a cunt, chances are employees will take what they can get 

Esp if they are professionals.

I have two employees off today sick with the flu working from home.  One has been off since Wed afternoon and we were supposed to head to the US on Sunday.  Now that will be delayed.

If you expect employees to be flexible, then you have to be as well.

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

8 employees, boss gets them together explains the law of sick time.  Lets work together so not to fuck over other employees or workplace...  

Let us know in advance (almost schedule their days off) treat them like holidays or something.   In the end it will benefit everyone including the owners.

I am betting most places could work this out with out much trouble 

or just be a cunt and have your staff all fuck off on the same Friday 

Fact is people do get sick, this isn't new

If they are fucking off for no reason, they won't last since it shifts the workload to others.  Nothing wrong with taking a personal day IMO.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

If they are fucking off for no reason, they won't last since it shifts the workload to others.  Nothing wrong with taking a personal day IMO.

that is why you get them together and say lets not fuck over everyone 

just because you have a business doesn't mean you have people skills - many feel they don't need that skill 

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

that is why you get them together and say lets not fuck over everyone 

just because you have a business doesn't mean you have people skills - many feel they don't need that skill 

That's the thing, in this career you are only fucking yourself since nobody is gonna pickup your slack.  You need to manage your own time and enjoy life. 

22 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's the thing, in this career you are only fucking yourself since nobody is gonna pickup your slack.  You need to manage your own time and enjoy life. 

back to what I said earlier Not all employees use their sick time,  and even without sick time people still go off work if they feel to do so 

bottom line to the production of the company hasn't changed with this new law 

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

back to what I said earlier Not all employees use their sick time,  and even without sick time people still go off work if they feel to do so 

bottom line to the production of the company hasn't changed with this new law 

Bullshit.

I was in a room full of unionized contractors in a rental business.  They all pay union workers big dollars to run equipment and pay significant amounts to union benefits and vacation pay etc.

They were all concerned about the new costs to their business from Bill 148.

Research it.  Go listen to a labor lawyer on a presentation on the law and tell me as business owner if it doesn’t have serious potential impacts.

The new Reg’s also require a lot of new record keeping.  And there are 190 new auditors to catch you.

AC you should be worried as a business owner.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Bullshit.

I was in a room full of unionized contractors in a rental business.  They all pay union workers big dollars to run equipment and pay significant amounts to union benefits and vacation pay etc.

Research it.  Go listen to a labor lawyer on a presentation on the law and tell me as business owner if it doesn’t have serious potential impacts.

The new Reg’s also require a lot of new record keeping.  And there are 190 new auditors to catch you.

some businesses will be affected some won't be, different for every business

I have no doubt all businesses will be saying this is bad, they should as an association (union) just like the work force does.

Since this post I have been researching this topic 

for construction if you pay a .8% fee they don't get the 2 days paid

$2000  paycheqie make it $2016 

if they are hiring union operators it will be all in one price calculated by the unions - if they order a operator they get one

oh you have to work for 1 week before sick time kicks in :lol:  by the way you are only restricted from asking for a doctors note that is it,  you can ask for a parking stub or a death certificate and so on

18 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

some businesses will be affected some won't be, different for every business

I have no doubt all businesses will be saying this is bad, they should as an association (union) just like the work force does.

Since this post I have been researching this topic 

for construction if you pay a .8% fee they don't get the 2 days paid

$2000  paycheqie make it $2016 

if they are hiring union operators it will be all in one price calculated by the unions - if they order a operator they get one

oh you have to work for 1 week before sick time kicks in :lol:  by the way you are only restricted from asking for a doctors note that is it,  you can ask for a parking stub or a death certificate and so on

So add almost 1% to your labour cost?  No issue right Fail.

So basically a company with 100 employees now pays for 101?  With no productivity from the extra body?

Vacation pay is now 6% up from 4% for all employers.

Blackstar, You now have to pay your guys for 2 sick days or paid holidays a year.  Plus pay the 6% vacation pay.

Workers who got 2 weeks vacation just added 7 extra days of holidays.

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Bullshit.

I'm more worried about not having qualified engineers I can't send out to the field.  What you are discussing is amateur hour to me.

18 minutes ago, Sksman said:

So add almost 1% to your labour cost?  No issue right Fail.

So basically a company with 100 employees now pays for 101?  With no productivity from the extra body?

Vacation pay is now 6% up from 4% for all employers.

Blackstar, You now have to pay your guys for 2 sick days or paid holidays a year.  Plus pay the 6% vacation pay.

Workers who got 2 weeks vacation just added 7 extra days of holidays.

if you have a 100 construction workers I doubt a days pay is going to kill them its a non issue for multi million companies . 

Leaving Tim's Walmart/ lowes homedepot ect out of it as the affects will be nothing in the big picture 

Do you really think this is going to hurt the average small business :dunno:  the guy with 2 or 3 employees?   I doubt it  

2 employees the worst scenario is $480 for min wages 

Factory workers - owners will take a hit I think, job sucks, wages suck, they will call in 2 days every year, if you need to have the press running it will cost 

The guy that needs some labourers will just fire a guy that fucks around with sick time 

I still think for the average business don't be a cunt and you won't have problems.  Any problem employee you will fire anyway.

A PEOPLE :lol: works hard for you, treat him right 

30 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm more worried about not having qualified engineers I can't send out to the field.  What you are discussing is amateur hour to me.

did you wear pleated white slacks as a young person (people) :lol:  

Edited by 1trailmaker

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Okay.

I will go back to my amateur job in an amateur business.  LOL!

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

if you have a 100 construction workers I doubt a days pay is going to kill them its a non issue for multi million companies . 

Leaving Tim's Walmart/ lowes homedepot ect out of it as the affects will be nothing in the big picture 

Do you really think this is going to hurt the average small business :dunno:  the guy with 2 or 3 employees?   I doubt it  

2 employees the worst scenario is $480 for min wages 

Factory workers - owners will take a hit I think, job sucks, wages suck, they will call in 2 days every year, if you need to have the press running it will cost 

The guy that needs some labourers will just fire a guy that fucks around with sick time 

I still think for the average business don't be a cunt and you won't have problems.  Any problem employee you will fire anyway.

A PEOPLE :lol: works hard for you, treat him right 

Sure Fail, you understand the law.

Fire a guy that takes sick time.  Too funny.  What the hell do you think the employment standards inspectors are going to do when a person who called in sick is fired?

Its a huge cost to small businesses.  

It’s a rain out for a landscaper and he has to pay every employee 3 hours for day because of shift cancel.   You have to record when employees notified, hours before shift.  For standby also   3hour minimum even if they do not get called out.

And the recording of hours and overtime is a big issue.  

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Sure Fail, you understand the law.

Fire a guy that takes sick time.  Too funny.  What the hell do you think the employment standards inspectors are going to do when a person who called in sick is fired?

Its a huge cost to small businesses.  

It’s a rain out for a landscaper and he has to pay every employee 3 hours for day because of shift cancel.   You have to record when employees notified, hours before shift.  For standby also   3hour minimum even if they do not get called out.

And the recording of hours and overtime is a big issue.  

you are going to fire a guy that does't fit in, its pretty simple 

yuu have 10 employees (good going) one doesn't fit in and calls in sick all the time - fired  - not many teens go to court over firing