Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

They actually decreased rates by 20% but we can't see that because they are using the same math that counts debt as an asset.

The same insurance companies are operating in Ontario as the other provinces.... those same insurance companies charge less in other provinces.... what's different? Oh that's right... the inept meddling by the provincial government.

although our streets have less accidents per capita we also have the most payouts in the country - while profits are record high.

if you live near a intersection that has alot of accidents you will pay more than someone in an area with very few accidents 

so to answer nothing is different, profits soar and you pay - mind you I pay 850 a year so I am not complaining 

You thinking a government is going to change this is fucking laughable, certainly not the CONS as profits are king

but you are a ONEWAY SLOGAN guy so its fitting you  would think Doug will save us 

12 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

This election could be about BEER BOOZE POT what a strange era we live in.

By the way I like the big fancy LCBO stores, wall of whiskey's and the environment 

You going to pay their inflated prices for your weed WRONG AGAIN FAIL :dunno: 

52 minutes ago, Momorider said:

You going to pay their inflated prices for your weed WRONG AGAIN FAIL :dunno: 

Yes - the chance to shop for different BUDS will be great but if its too much money I will grow my own at the cost of 30$ a pound for the most part.  

57 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Yes - the chance to shop for different BUDS will be great but if its too much money I will grow my own at the cost of 30$ a pound for the most part.  

You're not already?:lol:

Seabiscuit says she will introduce legislation that will force companies bidding on gov't contracts to pay their contract employees a 'fair wage'. Wouldn't be up to the prospective employees to decide whether or not the wages a company is paying fair or not?

13 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Seabiscuit says she will introduce legislation that will force companies bidding on gov't contracts to pay their contract employees a 'fair wage'. Wouldn't be up to the prospective employees to decide whether or not the wages a company is paying fair or not?

wouldn't the wages specified by labour law be a fair wage... or does that mean the person answering the phones needs $20 / hr. for the company to qualify for that contract? Does this mean to bid they would have to submit their payroll documents?

It would be a good way to ensure we the province pays even more than they need to for services which they already do.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Pretty sure FEDs already have this and most municipalities I thought Ontario had it already 

I agree with this, if you are going to RAPE the taxpayer make sure the employees get some of that 

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

wouldn't the wages specified by labour law be a fair wage... or does that mean the person answering the phones needs $20 / hr. for the company to qualify for that contract? Does this mean to bid they would have to submit their payroll documents?

It would be a good way to ensure we the province pays even more than they need to for services which they already do.

it means you can't pay an electrician 17$ an hour like they do while profiting off the taxpayers 

$20 an hour for large contractors isn't big money 

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Pretty sure FEDs already have this and most municipalities I thought Ontario had it already 

I agree with this, if you are going to RAPE the taxpayer make sure the employees get some of that 

:lol:

It's a whore's market.

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

it means you can't pay an electrician 17$ an hour like they do while profiting off the taxpayers 

$20 an hour for large contractors isn't big money 

Who's paying a licensed electrician 17?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Why would a licenced electrician work for 17 bucks?

The 2016 full-time average hourly wage rate for industrial, electrical and construction trades, which includes electricians (except industrial and power system), is $28.00. The 2016 corresponding median weekly wage rate is $1,125, giving an approximate full-time annual salary for this employment group of $58,500.

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

Why would a licenced electrician work for 17 bucks?

Don't know any electrician who doesn't make a lot more than 60K.  Unless of course, they are the Homer Simpson types that won't work Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

22 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

lots do - wire pulling 

of course NON UNION 

SEEKING PERMANENT LONG TERM ELECTRICIANS * VERY COMPETITIVE WAGES * COMPANY VEHICLE PROVIDED * Fully licensed 309A electricians in Ontario required * MUST HAVE COMMERCIAL, RESIDENTIAL * Self-motivated * 

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: $29,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year

nice start wage eh! 

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

lots do - wire pulling 

of course NON UNION 

SEEKING PERMANENT LONG TERM ELECTRICIANS * VERY COMPETITIVE WAGES * COMPANY VEHICLE PROVIDED * Fully licensed 309A electricians in Ontario required * MUST HAVE COMMERCIAL, RESIDENTIAL * Self-motivated * 

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: $29,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year

nice start wage eh! 

What skill set does it take to pull wire through a conduit?  

Link?

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Link?

just one posting I found in 2 seconds, there are many more and also many with 40$ an hour.

https://www.wowjobs.ca/BrowseResults.aspx?q=Electrician&s=r&l=Toronto%2C+ON&job=JFhZd9KQwaPAvWv-zTFvcYJQSFpP6k_i5VjVmDEZnKzOq-hOSlhCyA

and this job wasn't asking for a wire puller although its like 80% of the job.

Funny how we bash Hydro workers here but insist all electricians are paid this well or better.  

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Link?

When I asked an electrical apprentice I knew why he was commuting to downtown Toronto rather get in on the construction work in the Durham area. He sid in those housing projects they had 'wire pullers' working under a journeyman that checked everything over & did the final connections. They weren't even classified as apprentices. This was back in the late 90s.

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

just one posting I found in 2 seconds, there are many more and also many with 40$ an hour.

https://www.wowjobs.ca/BrowseResults.aspx?q=Electrician&s=r&l=Toronto%2C+ON&job=JFhZd9KQwaPAvWv-zTFvcYJQSFpP6k_i5VjVmDEZnKzOq-hOSlhCyA

and this job wasn't asking for a wire puller although its like 80% of the job.

Funny how we bash Hydro workers here but insist all electricians are paid this well or better.  

The only person taking that job is someone who fucked themselves over and needs to take anything to make ends meet.  They will be gone as soon as they land on their feet.  The employer is an idiot.

3 minutes ago, revrnd said:

When I asked an electrical apprentice I knew why he was commuting to downtown Toronto rather get in on the construction work in the Durham area. He sid in those housing projects they had 'wire pullers' working under a journeyman that checked everything over & did the final connections. They weren't even classified as apprentices. This was back in the late 90s.

happens all the time even today