Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

A mention on the news today that Seabiscuit tweeted her thoughts on the death of Stephen Hawking. 

:dunno:

Why do politicians have to tweet about news that has nothing to do w/ them? 

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

A mention on the news today that Seabiscuit tweeted her thoughts on the death of Stephen Hawking. 

:dunno:

Why do politicians have to tweet about news that has nothing to do w/ them? 

if they don't?  

Really its a no win with people like yourself 

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

if they don't?  

Really its a no win with people like yourself 

Actually I could care less about Twitter. 

Lemmy Kilmeister from Motorhead dies, is it really necessary for public figures to comment. Oh right maybe the Motorhead fans will vote for me if they see that I tweeted about it.

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

Actually I could care less about Twitter. 

Lemmy Kilmeister from Motorhead dies, is it really necessary for public figures to comment. Oh right maybe the Motorhead fans will vote for me if they see that I tweeted about it.

I totally agree but its the way the world is going now, just like the change your grand parents experienced .   

You are not going to like what it coming :lol:  

13 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

28166462_10160126918545158_3333493529308

Failmaker is all over Sears yet his employer could suffer the same fate.

The government of Ontario could go bankrupt.  At what point will the debt burden be too large for taxpayers?

Look at Detroit.

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

The government of Ontario could go bankrupt.  At what point will the debt burden be too large for taxpayers?

Look at Detroit.

Isn't so much that the plans are underfunded as much as piss poorly invested.  These plans need to make 7.5%/yr to tread water and stay afloat, they aren't making that unless they're exposed to risk and equities and certainly not in fixed income.  These plans are going the way of the dinosaur to the better Defined Contribution.  Someone who is 25 years old should have a different strategy from someone who is 64.

As an business owner you can opt for a similar IPP (individual pension plan)  where the company foots the bill for any shortfalls from the 7.5% target.  Imagine a 3 million investment that only earns 3%, the company would need to cover 4% (120K) shortfall from cash flow.  A much better plan for owners is a PPP (personal pension plan) which has the flexibility to be a DB, DC and even has an AVC component.  But since most institutions don't offer it, they try to steer you into an IPP and say its better.  Personally, I like the RRSP the most.

16 hours ago, Sksman said:

Look at Detroit.

:lol:  

if my job disappears we are in big trouble 

no we will not meet the same fate - my money isn't held or given by the government 

Edited by 1trailmaker

9 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  

if my job disappears we are in big trouble 

no we will not meet the same fate - my money isn't held or given by the government 

Not held but still responsible for any shortfall.

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not held but still responsible for any shortfall.

not in the sense people think - government has never written a cheque to cover any pensions.  Shortfalls are projected losses up to 40 years down the road, right now 97% fully funded.  

The Employee is responsible for shortfalls too, our contributions go up to cover losses like it did (50%) since 2008 

It is really sad how many people think our pension are one FREE and GOLDEN simply not the case 

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

not in the sense people think - government has never written a cheque to cover any pensions.  Shortfalls are projected losses up to 40 years down the road, right now 97% fully funded.  

The Employee is responsible for shortfalls too, our contributions go up to cover losses like it did (50%) since 2008 

It is really sad how many people think our pension are one FREE and GOLDEN simply not the case 

Oh, I know how they work and how they make up for missed targets.  Both Teachers and Omers are world class plans, but they can be beat.:lol:

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/03/21/kathleen-wynne-announces-21b-in-new-mental-health-funding-over-four-years.html

The premier emphasized that no one in Ontario should struggle to access mental health or addictions care for themselves or their loved ones.

They've been running the show for how long & this is only important now?

Surprised she didn't blame Mike Harris...

At this point people just want the Liberals gone & for Wynnebag & her spouse to crawl back under the rocks from where they came from.

Everyone wants stuff anymore. Do they not realize that there is no such thing as a free lunch?

5 minutes ago, revrnd said:

At this point people just want the Liberals gone & for Wynnebag & her spouse to crawl back under the rocks from where they came from.

Everyone wants stuff anymore. Do they not realize that there is no such thing as a free lunch?

what is funny is some people are thinking (just like donny) that Doug will pay back the debt :lol:  

"our grandchildren are going to pay" :lol:  meaning I am not going to pay 

https://globalnews.ca/news/4095126/tasha-kheiriddin-doug-ford-can-outflank-kathleen-wynne/

From the cradle to beyond the grave, the Liberals propose to swaddle voters in a cocoon of statist compassion.

From Premier Dad to Grandma Wynne, they've talked down to Ontarians every step of the way as well.

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4095126/tasha-kheiriddin-doug-ford-can-outflank-kathleen-wynne/

From Premier Dad to Grandma Wynne, they've talked down to Ontarians every step of the way as well.

Personality differences aside, Wynne’s pledge to care is also easy to refute. Ford just has to say that the reason people need someone to care for them is because of the mismanagement of successive Liberal governments. In effect, Wynne is running against herself – if the government cares so much, why is it only caring now? Where has it been the last 15 years? Answer: presiding over skyrocketing hydro rates, rising tax burden, and overcrowded hospitals.

The talking points on this are absurdly easy. The Liberals had a chance to do a lot of caring in that time, but instead wasted billions of dollars on cancelled gas plants and overpriced green energy contracts. They capitulated in contract negotiations with public sector employees to curry favour with the union vote. They spawned a series of scandals, from eHealth to ORNG to party fundraising, which further eroded public trust – and which belie their new “caring” approach.

People are way too tired of Wyneebags condescending attitude.... we can waste your money much better than you can.... we know what you need better than you do. We can sing this to Wynnebag. Altogether now.